[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does the normiePad Pro with Pencil compare favourably with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
So does the normiePad Pro with Pencil compare favourably with the Cintiq Companion for drawing fun? Because I can buy a refurbished CC1 for roughly the same price
>>
>>2316450
No it does not compare. Just buy the cintiq man
>>
>>2316450
listen to anon >>2316460
OP
>>
>>2316460
>>2316473
thanks
Do you think an Ivy Bridge i7 will provide good longevity? Because the CC1 doesn't have the slave display mode
>>
as long as the companion is not the hybrid, it is the better tablet
>>
>>2316477
>slave display mode
Yeah it's a shame you have to buy your own slave to hold the cintiq in the newer versions
>>
File: artgerm-ipad-procreate[1].jpg (22 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
artgerm-ipad-procreate[1].jpg
22 KB, 500x281
Artgerm did a review http://www.parkablogs.com/content/artgerms-review-of-ipad-pro-and-apple-pencil

I also remember tehmeh saying he didnt like his companion (could be getting it wrong tho), something about the screen and battery?
>>
>>2316477
More longevity than the iPad pro fa.m
>>
>>2316450
>for drawing fun
Depends on your skill level and your needs. Personally, I don't use 80% of the features in PS, and if you are just drawing for fun then I feel procreate will get you 90% there.

You are also getting an iPad so if you already live in the iOS ecosystem then it makes for a nice upgrade. Otherwise expect some thrashing.

The battery life, portability, multitouch, and multitasking are solid. The lack of file management outside of procreate and limited apps that support multitasking is unfortunate.
>>
From what I've seen, the utility of the iPad begins and ends as a tablet that doubles as a portable sketchbook. If you want a computer tablet, and the pen is kind of an afterthought, you'll probably get good value from the $100 you spend on the pencil.
If you specifically want a drawing device, just go with the cintiq. The iPad doesn't really seem worth the money as a drawing device alone, and it wasn't designed as one.
>>
>>2316488

> 7 minutes in and the review have not even started

Oh you silly chink
>>
File: came.png (256 KB, 919x288) Image search: [Google]
came.png
256 KB, 919x288
>>2316450
>>
But the Wacom weighs 3 pounds, has mediocre battery life, and is limited as a tablet.

The hybrid is garbage and was quickly discontinued.

If you need a dedicated drawing device ofcourse Wacom is he obvious choice for everyone else Apple had made a killer device.
>>
>>2316887
I didn't mean I was getting both; I'm deciding which of the two to get.
Is it right to say that if you learn how to paint digitally in one program, you can easily transfer those skills into another?

>>2316944
Not familiar with this guy; is he highly regarded?

>>2316976
Agreed the Hybrid was crap, not considering it.
I realise the Companion is bulky and won't be impressing any normies. I'm also considering the Surface Pro 4 which is sleeker, but I've been thinking that since my main aim is to learn digital painting, the SP4 might be too expensive considering that drawing with the NTrig stylus still has issues.
>>
>>2317061
>easily transfer those skills into another
I believe this to be true in a more general way. I had a high aversion to digital with the intuous, but the pencil makes it much less painful for me to start a digital drawing. Because I was avoiding digital, I was very slowly learning things like values, lighting, color theory, and rendering. Now my workflow allows me to more quickly gain more mileage in these areas.

I have to learn color theory in one way or another, and this knowledge would be applicable to any medium.
>>
>>2316450
if you get a gen 1 companion, be prepared to constantly get it replaced.

also you have to pay for shipping unless you talk to a manager.
>>
While we are on the subject, is the galaxy note 10.1 2014 decent for drawing? I have a friend looking to sell one lightly used for a reasonable price. I have used the shield tablet prior, and while art apps like layer paint a d sketchbook are pretty good, the hardware I used sucked.
>>
Since this is the subject, I would like to know what tablet and what app I should get. I'm looking for something really cheap I'm sure this will be relevant: I don't care for pen pressure.
>>
>>2317290
Get bamboo and MS Paint
>>
>>2317269
I was hoping that by buying a refurbished model, all the faulty parts will have been fixed, right?
>>
>>2317238
This is what I was hoping to hear, and is exactly why I'm considering the iPP.

Either way, the most important thing for me to do is just pick something, deal with whatever flaws it has, and just start painting
>>
File: image.jpg (588 KB, 2259x1871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
588 KB, 2259x1871
>>2317355
I just got mine a few hours ago it's pretty fun!

Good points: it's very accurate and feels good to draw with once I got used to it. Sketching feels good but not in all apps ( I didn't like procreate till I edited the pressure curve)
I'm pretty meh at drawing and sketching but I put some draws I did with it. It's much better than my old galaxy note and feels similar to the cintiq I tried last year (the colors are much better though)

Bad points: it's very very slippery, I couldn't get used to it till around an hour . No hardware shortcuts for color picker or changing brushes.
The iPad is very glitchy with multitasking and it's full of garbage features like if you ever wanna transfer anything you will hate yourself. its capable of doing more but it's crippled by dumb stuff that makes no sense ( mouse support is the thing I need most )

I like it because I find it very fun to doodle with and I don't have to worry about battery much. I wish I could get a surface pro to play with as well but I just upgraded my laptop so I'll wait a little

hth
>>
>>2316477
Can you not use such triggering language please
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.