[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dynamic Sketching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
Why is the first exercise so hard to do digitally? I have no problem when I do it on paper but digitally it looks shit.
>>
>>2314692
What's so hard about drawing circles?
>>
>>2314699
I mean the bit where you have to draw over the lines. I always chicken scratch on them.
>>
>>2314700
the majority of times you people place the tablet to high and it makes your shoulders lock up causing extra strain, try to draw with the tablet on your lap maybe its that? if not that you are in the "wondering dessert man" stage and its just a matter of millage so you can get used to it.
>>
>>2314700

Well that depends on multiple things:
size of your brush
resolution/how zoomed in you are
desktop tablet or cintiq
your skill with eye to hand coordination with tablet
Really the exercises are to be done on pen and paper but other than the 'draw over your line' exercise the circles,arcs and waves can be done digitally.
>>
>>2314711
How can I improve my eye to hand coordination with a tablet?
>>
>>2314724

put it down and pick up some pen and paper.
>>
>>2314724
By using the tablet.

Mileage, motherfucker.
>>
>>2314692
dynamic sketching is a joke. It's basically technical sketching, they replace the first word with "dynamic" to make it sound cool and appeal to gamergate boomers. they garble the whole thing with sensless hatching and hastey lines.

the sad thing though is how dumb-down it is compared to old school technical sketching, like what is taught to architects and engineers. Geometric construction is completely over-looked and replaced with monotonous circles and pretensious line exercises. it's also laughable to see people talk about it as if it's a unique science, trying hard to distance themselves from the artistry.

Why do all dynamic sketch kids draw exactly a like? Because they cant design on thier own and have piss poor taste.
>>
>>2314822
It sounds like someone could not hold the pen 90 degrees.
>>
>>2314692
Because you fucking suck. Thanks for shitting up/ic/ even more, pleb.
>>
>>2314827
you sound like you spend hours drawing pokemon characters in perspective
>>
>>2314867

Wow how did you...know that? You're creeping me out right now.
>>
>>2314822
Why are noobies like you always so fucking aggressive and angry?
>>
>>2314938

This. The amount of angry virgin kids in this board is awful.
>>
>>2314692
>Digital as a beginner

Why do people keep doing this?
>>
>>2314822
Chill out faggot

>gamergate boomers
Haha what?
>>
Post your art
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.