[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about buying this set since it has ink pens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
I'm thinking about buying this set since it has ink pens AND a pencil. Are there any other sets that are better or similar? Any with markers?
>>
>>2309776
>buying anything descibed as "manga"
>>
File: Przechwytywanie.png (173 KB, 936x462) Image search: [Google]
Przechwytywanie.png
173 KB, 936x462
>>2309776
>brush pen included
I wonder about it's quality - your kit is only 1$ more expensive than Pentel Arts Pocket Brush Pen (which is recommended by Robertson)
>>
>>2309776
those "pens" are often just thin tip markers, your better off buying a really nice fountain pen like most mangakas use. If you don't want to smudge the ink try using a a cloth clove with the fingers (besides the pink) cut out.
>>
>>2309799

>immediately dismissing art supplies because of how they're marketed

pic related is a fantastic fucking pen and look at the trash they plastered on the packaging.
A large amount of really good art supplies are Japanese, and that usually results in them being marketed as anime/manga supplies.
>>
File: GFKP3BPA.png (2 MB, 1919x2560) Image search: [Google]
GFKP3BPA.png
2 MB, 1919x2560
>>2309965

Forgot the pic

It really does boggle my mind why they slapped that drawing of all things on it though. Like really.
>>
I prefer Faber Castell's PITT pens because I find the ink to be a little darker and a little more hardy.
>>
>>2309811
it's shit. Sakura brush pens are shit
>>
>>2309811

The Sakura brush pen is just a molded felt tip. The Pentel is an actual brush.
>>
>>2310843
that's probably because they use india ink in those and the sakuras use pigmented ink
>>
>>2309776
that manga pen is just repackaged the ArtLine pigment liner
>>
>>2312332

India ink is just being used another name for pigmented ink. It's not actual india ink which uses shellac.
>>
Probably too late to inquire about, but if you have an open stock store nearby that would probably be a bit more cost efficient.

>>2309966
The manga drawings on the Faber-Castell Pitt pens are a thing of beauty
>>
>>2314035
these are pretty bad anon. these things leak though the paper
>>
>>2314035
These are the worst liners I've ever used. The Sakura Microns are actually pretty decent and inexpensive.
>>
File: 78968.jpg (56 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
78968.jpg
56 KB, 600x400
>>2314040
I was just pointing out the drawings on the packages, I haven't used any FC product outside of Polychromos and some of their graphite pencils.

>>2314043
I'm starting to like their MicroPerm pens for small magnets I make for friends. Barely any smudging when applying a glaze/varnish on top compared to the Microns (even with a few hours of drying time).
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.