[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is why I grew to hate art. Put detail into the focus piece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: geralt.jpg (114 KB, 1095x730) Image search: [Google]
geralt.jpg
114 KB, 1095x730
This is why I grew to hate art.

Put detail into the focus piece then everything else not into focus has shit detail. Fuck everyone doing this.
>>
>>2309518
>I hate art because a small group of people paint in a way I don't like
oh boy
>>
>>2309543

>small group of people

get out from under that rock
>>
>>2309544
>thinking that a portion of the fantasy digital art community is a large part of the entire art industry
Who is living under the rock?
>>
Boo fucking hoo.
Do something about it instead of bitching on an imageboard, i you have something to prove then do it.
>>
Then you have no place in the industry. Detail vs no detail is a centuries-old concept and a very important tool when you have to deal with deadlines.
>>
File: guangjian-huang-set-you-free.jpg (250 KB, 1887x1060) Image search: [Google]
guangjian-huang-set-you-free.jpg
250 KB, 1887x1060
>>2309518
This image is fully detailed in every part, how do you like this one?
>you love this image
>its gayest painting ever created
>you are gayest man ever recorded
>>
>>2309518
>Not understanding how a focal point works

Anon, it's best you never watch anything animated ever, cause you're not going to like it.
>>
>>2309561

>m-muh industry!

kill yourself, not everyone is a loser like you and wants to work for peanuts so they can draw dragons and power armor
>>
>>2309518
Just photobash the background :^)
>>
>>2309582
Then why do you complain and whine about the work created by people in the industry who do get paid to draw dragons and power armor, you fucking retard?
>>
File: 1319656179233.jpg (418 KB, 590x594) Image search: [Google]
1319656179233.jpg
418 KB, 590x594
>>2309561
This. OP is a fucking moron. What he describes is one of the most basic and fundamental concepts of any representational art form that is not photorealism.
>>
>>2309581
>not understanding composition
>not understanding organic unity
It's best you stfu about anything visual art related
>>
>>2309598
Not him, but if you don't understand something as basic as implied detail and why it is being used, then you really should stop throwing around random words you don't understand either. It's clear as day that you have absolutely no clue about anything art related.

And just for the record, I think the image in question does a very poor job at utilizing this concept, but you aren't complaining about how this image does it badly, you are complaining about the very idea behind it, which is why you sound so unbelievably stupid.
>>
>>2309578
lol, the lighting and details are great, but shit, i don't know, i like weird and dark art, those ones with symbols and people in weird crazy positions
>>
>>2309605
It's clear as fuck you're bait. But I'll bite, if you can't into knowing what details to use and how to relate all parts into a organic unit then you're dumb like some vidya artist fanboy who talks shit on 4chin
>>
File: 5f9.png (31 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
5f9.png
31 KB, 625x626
>>2309661
>if you can't into knowing what details to use and how to relate all parts into a organic unit then you're dumb
Not even the guy you're replying to, but the original argument was that less details outside the main focus is bad in and of itself. Which is wrong. You're now changing the argument to the execution (knowing WHAT details to use) instead of the general principle.
>>
>>2309695
>Which is wrong

No it isn't, and you have shit taste.
>>
>>2310300
show your work.
>>
>>2309518
>I don't understand the very most basic concepts of composition, visual rhythm or focal points

maybe you hate art because you fucking suck at it
>>
>>2310309
>>
>>2310352
>The back isn't as rendered as the front
You fail. Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
>>
>>2309578

This is a shit painting. No amount of technique can fix this edgy weeaboo shit.
>>
>>2309582

Then why are you fucking bitching about commercial work you dipshit?
>>
>>2311126
>edgy
I see what you did there.
>>
Get off the internet so you don't see them.
>>
>>2310330
>>2310330
Came here to say this. The lack of detail in the background is a minimal problem compared to composition and rythm.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.