[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this how you should do a character concept for animation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 6020478.png (267 KB, 750x1280) Image search: [Google]
6020478.png
267 KB, 750x1280
Is this how you should do a character concept for animation?
I did a character based on myself. It looks like shit to me. What do /ic/?
>>
Context: I'm not going for realism, I just want to make shitty animations in flash
>>
>>2307999
learn to draw before you learn to animate
ie: read the sticky
>>
>>2308003
is this troll?

don't make your own thread. go to the beginner's thread.
>>
>>2308016
Sorry newfag
>>
>>2308018
What
>>
File: laughing jews.png (187 KB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
laughing jews.png
187 KB, 400x286
>>2307999
>>
>Anime eyes
>Black
INTO THE TRASH
>>
Wow, nice job on the construction lmao
>>
>>2308222
>sorry, I'm a newfag
is probably what he ment
>>
>>2308279
>lmao
what did he mean by this
>>
Am i going to get legitimate help, or just shitposting?
>>
>>2308332

You already did. This isn't a shitpost: >>2308007

You have no idea how to draw
>>
>>2308337
Oh.

I'm a fucking idiot.
Should I practice more with real people, or start back from scratch?
>>
>>2308348

Well you sort of are at scratch. Keep doing animation if that's what you like, but study a lot more than you are working on personal pieces at this stage. Honestly it's just mileage at this point, draw a lot, copy a lot, attempt life drawing. Do whatever you want but stop making shitty 'character concepts' without understanding how to draw a person
>>
>>2308348
Here use this image I made JUST for people like you who love to be spoodfed. Go buy the books on this list and join the beginner thread. This will keep you busy for the next 6 months and if and only if you take it seriously.
>>
File: get these books you loser.jpg (198 KB, 1920x1008) Image search: [Google]
get these books you loser.jpg
198 KB, 1920x1008
>>2308356
sage
>>
File: kasjdksadl.jpg (16 KB, 212x320) Image search: [Google]
kasjdksadl.jpg
16 KB, 212x320
>>2308357
This is a good image.
Also, the Art Spirit makes for a good read as well when it comes to the 'fear' subject.
>>
>>2308357
no 'drawing the head and hands'?
>>
>>2308384
The image isn't providing a full tutorial, but rather a "starter". Obviously there's going to be way more to research (such as more in-depth perspective, more anatomy work, more depths in drawing from life, stylizing etc). But those books should offer the key elements as to where to go.
>>
>>2308393
i thought that book was part of the 'starter kit' as well
>>
>>2308400

Man people can be so god damn stupid that they can't read nor think.
>(read the whole damn book first THEN pick and choose what to learn)
Meaning if you want to learn heads then go grab the head and hands book or another resource. I didn't want to jam all the books under the sun in 1 image because then you'd never finish anything.
>>
>>2308400
I mean, successful drawing is basically "part 1". From there, you'd continue reading up other Loomis books. Figure Drawing for all it's worth is a must read once you have a basic understanding of figure drawing.
>>
>>2307999
git gud
learn how pitch bibles work
learn principles of animation
>>
>>2307999

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. No.

First you need to LEARN HOW TO DRAW before you jump into animation. You need at least ten years of drawing practice and that's if you draw 24/7.
>>
>>2307999
bump for more advice
>>
draw four more rotated heads, two for each transition between the heads you already drew

this will force you to think about what the actual 3d shapes you're drawing are, rather than just drawing what you think a face looks like from front, profile and 3/4
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.