[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I develop my own style from a variety of influences without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
How do I develop my own style from a variety of influences without blatantly copying?
>>
>>2304596
If you take from multiple influences then you will automatically have your own style. It's only blatant copying when you take from only a single source.
>>
style just happens on its own
>>
>>2304789
not for me apparently, i keep getting halfway through a piece then getting annoyed at the fact it's an obvious rip off of whatever artist i'm really into at the time
>>
>>2304596
The way i do it is copy people styles. literally open them in photoshop and try to recreate what they did. Do this enough and you will internalise their styles and when you try to draw your own it will be a unique mix of all the styles you had studied previously.
>>
>>2304883
that sounds kinda cool thanks i'll try that
>>
>>2304883
this is absolutely correct
>>
>>2305010
some examples?
>>
>>2304878
stop being into other art

get influenced by life
>>
>>2305051
art is part of life
>>
>>2305057
lol well i mean the parts of life that aren't art, you know, most of it.
>>
>>2305051
bad advice. find inspiration from both everyday life and art history. draw from life and do master studies. both will benefit you.
>>
>>2304878

It probably isn't as obvious to everyone else as it is to you unless you're literally copying their art.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.