[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
U guys think it's a good idea to study some Syd Mead to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_n2fd08gzt81tvet16o3_1280.jpg (381 KB, 1280x959) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2fd08gzt81tvet16o3_1280.jpg
381 KB, 1280x959
U guys think it's a good idea to study some Syd Mead to internalize his unbelievably accurate perspective and well simplified value structure?

Bc i just came across his work in my inspiration folder and I feel that itch that makes you want to analyze his stuff via copy
>>
File: 1443369562111.jpg (52 KB, 800x570) Image search: [Google]
1443369562111.jpg
52 KB, 800x570
>>2303565
He has a great gnomon tutorial explaining his entire process

Also just listening to him mfw

I've met him in person and he's a very sharp old man.
>>
>>2303568

Is he a homosexual? I've read on /ic/ he might be a homosexual. Which would crush my homophobe soul more than it already is after learning that leyen is confirmed homo and sargen is quite likely to have been homo.
>>
>>2303565
Judging by what you posted you seem to have some images of him I had no idea about?
Can you kindly post your sources?

I love his work, but mainly got the vehicles stuff.
I'd like to see more architecture etc
>>
>>2303584
I believe Syd is yes. The good news for you is that Sargent probably wasn't gay--the "evidence" for it is pretty flimsy. Bad news for you is both Leonardo and Michelangelo were gay.
>>
>>2303584
Stop being a faggot that cares about what faggots do. Problem solved.
>>
>>2303584
I think I know how this story ends...
>>
>>2303589

google for something like 'imgur syd mead album' or 'imgur syd mead collection', i'm sure you'll find it. then google for 'syd mead unknown flickr' or 'syd mead architectural renderings' and eventually you'll land at some syd mead obsessed guy who tracked down all the uncredited work syd did and put it on his flickr account. then do the same with ron cobb
>>
>>2303590

So we have

Leyen
Leonardo
Michaelangelo
Syd Mead

is there any hope for us tittieloving weirdos??
>>
>>2303682
There's probably a ton more gay artists. Statistically isn't something like 1 in 10 people gay? Now think how many famous artists there are and do the math. Keep in mind a lot of time in history was not kind to gays so they usually kept it secret.
>>
>>2303682
sorry anon you gotta suck dicks to make it in this profession
>>
>>2303693
3% of the US is non-heterosexual.
>>
>>2303565
Can somebody tell me why OP's image looks so old? I mean, why does it look like something done in the 80s? I'm guessing it has something to do with the yellow tonalities but I'm not sure.
>>
>>2304489
Because Syd Mead paints in gouache which was popular with illustrators from like 50's through 80s. It has a flat matte surface to it. Modern sci-fi is usually done digitally which means a lot more photographic elements, airbrushing, extreme values etc.

Also Syd was big in the 80's. He was responsible for the look of Blade Runner and other iconic films. So you might just be recognizing his artwork and associating it with a time when he was a bigger player.
>>
>>2304489
Looks like it was done in the 80s because it probably was. And Syd is old. Tight gouache rendering, nobody does those anymore. Generic scifi techy panels that serve no purpose, spatter texture, loopy design on far left column... CHROME... Syd puts chrome on fucking everything, and dated attire and haircuts.
>>
>>2303584
What the fuck, why does that matter?
>>
>>2304492

Yet no concept artist today can hold a candle to his work.
>>
>>2304509
Well, if you're a homophobe it matters, I imagine.

Imagine you're an arachnophobe and you find out Anders Zorn is a spider.
>>
>>2304578
>Imagine you're an arachnophobe and you find out Anders Zorn is a spider.
holy shit my sides
>>
>>2304578
>Imagine you're an arachnophobe and you find out Anders Zorn is a spider.

kek
>>
>>2303565
yes.
>>
>>2304578
haha
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.