[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone give advice for someone just plain untalented? My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
Can someone give advice for someone just plain untalented? My drawing are just a result of work and nothing else and I can't get past my comfort zone. I have been drawing maybe for a year now and I can't at all compare to other artists here who have been drawing for the same time.
>>
>>2300394
Killing yourself. Today would be a good time.
>>
>>2300394
Show art
>>
oh man I love this talent meme
>>
>>2300394
So do you actually like creating art or just the idea of being an artist?
>>
>>2300425
Not OP, but I love the idea of being a broke, struggling artist living at home, totally NEET or at most za delivery at an inappropriate age.
>>
>>2300447
As one of those people, It's not all that glamourous. It's lonely and because you don't have money you can't go out and socialize that much. You could do commissions but you hate doing them because it detracts from mining the endless pits of your imagination. Also living on the cheap means your rented room is going to be shitty and full of bugs.
>>
>>2300394
The five reasons you suck and will continue to suck:

(This goes for any anon who is trying to get gud)

1. You let others do your thinking for you. The first lesson in art is learning how to see like an artist in your own right. Having others do that for you is retarded.

2. You learn from ignorant sources. Any artist can rehash what was taught to them, but it takes a special kind of artist to know the deeper lessons. The internet is full of hustlers that dont know the first thing about art.

3. You're ignorant of the history. Any one who doesnt know the history of thier craft has no business of doing it let alone teaching it. The sticky is a great example of such a problem.

4. You have poor taste. If you cant tell shit from shinola how the hell are you going to know if you're on the right track with your own art?

5. You're not geniunely a good person. You're not emotionally healthy enough to be creative. Art isnt just the techinques and methods.
>>
>>2300425
I love art I'm just bad at advancing.
>>
>>2300394
When I look back at this post it really made me seem like an autistic NEET from /rnk/. Should've pressented my self better.
>>
>>2300412
>implying talent isnt the most important thing
I love this meme too!!!!!
>>
>>2300394
>I have been drawing maybe for a year now and I can't at all compare to other artists here who have been drawing for the same time.
And you've improved more than some other people in the same timeframe and even surpassed others who've been drawing longer. That's life, faggot. Work even harder if it concerns you, or maybe do yourself a favor and take the pressure off yourself. There's no rush.
>>
>>2300394
Literally post your work, OP. You're probably just practicing the wrong things or stressing out too much. You won't learn as well if you are stressed.
>>
File: fried chicken nigger meme.jpg (12 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
fried chicken nigger meme.jpg
12 KB, 183x275
>>2300394
>boohoo I'm a whiny faggot and my art sucks
upgrade your tech bra, welcome to the future.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8 KB, 362x217) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8 KB, 362x217
just draw whatever literally comes to mind, I'm in your same spot, in a mix between drawing the insane shit in my head and just practicing forms, if you only practice forms and perspective and such it gets boring
>>
>>2300394
don't worry people lie a lot, even on anonymous boards
>>
>>2300394
>>2305620
>>2301466

don't post here OP, it doesn't matter how you compare to people, it's what you do

this board will want to see you fail, so it will most likely discourage you at every step

>>2300447
>>2301096
> being a broke, struggling artist

It's awful, isolated and penniless up against a closed off industry. It becomes a viscous circle as the poverty prevents new work or better working environments until you're a shut away hermit. Then most likely after a very long time of it the lifestyle will be making you sick and unhappy as well.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.