[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
9 years of drawing, he got worse. How is this even possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: sycra.jpg (47 KB, 591x394) Image search: [Google]
sycra.jpg
47 KB, 591x394
9 years of drawing, he got worse.

How is this even possible?
>>
>>2300004

Still better than what you could draw. Niggers been drawing long before you were learning pre-algebra loooooooool.
>>
I know who's a beginner :^)
>>
oh look it's this thread again
>>
>>2300004
>he got worse.

He didn't. True, it looks pretty bad, but if you don't see why the right one is objectively better drawn, then you are beyond hope.
>>
>>2300004
>DAE H8 SYCRA LOL?

It's like fucking reddit in here.
>>
At least Sycra can say he has been drawing all this time.
Unlike most of /ic/ that doesn't do shit then whines about why they aren't getting better.
>>
>worse

OP will eventually look back this thread and cringe. Try separating your dislike of a style from a honest evaluation of the underlying fundamentals.
>>
>>2300004
If you honestly think the left is better than the right you're shit at art and don't have an eye for draftsmanship.

Everything about the right is more clean and confidence. To hell if his style triggers you. No one gives a shit.
>>
File: Bait.png (14 KB, 220x300) Image search: [Google]
Bait.png
14 KB, 220x300
>>2300004
You've made this exact thread last week.
Why are you reposting this?
>>
>Different styles
>Worse

You know literally nothing about art.
>>
File: sadf.jpg (63 KB, 591x394) Image search: [Google]
sadf.jpg
63 KB, 591x394
>>2300004
>>
As disgusting as I find his pointy chin style. It's just better drawn. His process is also a lot better.
>>
>>2300320
You don't know what you're doing, stop.
>>
I really like his style (coming from someone who isn't into animu at all). his work on developing it payed off and i really don't see what the big deal is with hating on it.

seriously if he wasn't already well known you all would be asking for his blog with his latest stuff don't fucking lie
>>
>>2300347
he's right though...
>>
>>2300370

>seriously if he wasn't already well known you all would be asking for his blog with his latest stuff don't fucking lie

I really wouldn't and I enjoy his videos and think he's a skilled artist.
I find the pointy chins genuinely out of place and offputting, and if he posted here and wasn't well known I'd probably just as quickly say "it's good but what the fuck is with the chins?"
>>
>>2300375
No he isn't, his edit isn't even clean and it's just a simple line. None of you understand the basic principles of design: shape language, cohesiveness, and repetition. If you did, you would know why regardless of what real chins look like, it needs to be the way it is to work as a design and you wouldn't be trying to fuck with it. In fact if any of you understood anything beyond this tiny bubble of a board, you wouldn't constantly try to bash professional artists by scouring their work for the most minuscule of imperfections, thinking that means anything significant either about their work or your intelligence.
>>
>>2300396
jesus dude, calm the fuck down. the pointy chin sticks out in OP's design, even given the angular style. rounding it off fixes the distraction. there's no need to have an asperger's fit because you think otherwise.
>>
>>2300396

Regardless of how effective the edit is, there's a pretty large consensus on "the pointy chin design looks bad" and it doesn't fucking matter if he's professional, he can still make flawed or unappealing designs.
>>
>Gave up the 6th grade art class pencil shading shit and created a style that's fun and pleasing
If /ic/ had any sense, they'd do the same
>>
>>2300410

Almost everyone in this thread is saying the one on the right is better with the exception of the chin and then you all-or-nothing faggots all leap in.
>>
>>2300403
>fixes the distraction
No it doesn't. Again if you understood anything about design you'd realize having an outlying, non uniform shape actually creates a distraction that makes the whole style look incomplete and unintentional. The only reason you want it to look that way is because in your juvenile thoughts, only realism looks acceptable. In the world of commercial art, especially as competitive as it is now, adhering to reality, and sometimes even aesthetic appeal, is less valuable than creating visual interest, and again, you need to thoroughly visit design principles to achieve an interesting, signature look that looks intentional. Falling back on "u mad" when someone tries to inform you isn't going to get you anywhere as an artist, and neither is this thread.
>>
File: FranciscoHerrera-026HBblg_monst.jpg (406 KB, 880x1129) Image search: [Google]
FranciscoHerrera-026HBblg_monst.jpg
406 KB, 880x1129
>>2300396
You know, you can have angular shape language without going full retard, right?

Plus, good shape design is as much about consistency as it is about contrast. Straights vs occasional curves are what makes an angular design really look appealing. Nothing but angularity tends to look pretty amateur.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.