[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have good tutorial on how to make something like this ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: mythos_golem_by_itsbxd-d7e7db6.png (632 KB, 783x898) Image search: [Google]
mythos_golem_by_itsbxd-d7e7db6.png
632 KB, 783x898
Anyone have good tutorial on how to make something like this ?
>>
>>2297894

but that doesn't even look goooooooooooooooood man
>>
>>2297894
what do you mean specifically 'like this'? Just learn how to paint
>>
>>2297894

Here is a short tutorial:

1. Transfer $100 to my paypal
2. The finished image will materalize itself into your inbox after a few days, as if by magic
>>
>>2297952
It's like magic!
>>
Is this supposed to be funny?
>>
>>2297894
dat value range ...ugh
>>
>>2298042
I like how amateurs always think that higher value range = better and low contrast value range = bad.

I bet if you were trying to "fix" this image, you'd turn the contrast up to eleven and add lots of sparkly highlights everywhere.
>>
>>2298046

I like how total scrubs always think others are amateurs.
>>
Just use zbrush and keyshot.

also git gud.
>>
>>2298055
I don't think you are an amateur, I KNOW you are an amateur, based on the stupid comment you made.
>>
>>2298065
I don't think you are a total scrub, I KNOW you are a total scrub, based on the stupid comment you made.
>>
>>2298065
>>2298066
I don't think you are both total scrubs, I KNOW you are both total scrubs, based on the stupid comments you made.
>>
>>2298046
Have you seen OP's image? No you haven't. That means it's bad. If you can't see the damn picture, it's bad.

To fix this image it needs some contrast.
>>
>>2298046
Yes
>>
>>2298065
>>2298066
post ur work we'll be the ones deciding who's who
>>
>>2298264
>complains about not seeing it
>doesn't even know how to calibrate a monitor
>>
>>2298290
Try hard.
>>
>>2297928
Digital painting using lots of brushes, probably.
>>
>>2298046
contrast can occur in low value environments, that being said contrast is how you see anything in the first place.
>>
>>2298046
This. Plebs have no appreciation for subtlety.
>>
>>2298046
I agree in general, but this image is just a tad too dark. For web, it's almost acceptable, but if you tried to print it, it would be black. Contrast in the darks could be bumped up just 5% or so.

It's a great image, actually.
>>
>>2298461
Fog was a thing until the creation of Superman for Nintendo 64, anon.
>>
Always look at your digital work at 50% monitor brightness. It may seem too dark, but thats generally what most people have it at. It's average. I maxed my brightness and the painting is pretty nice, but if I were to print it/ show some shmuck on their computer, it will look like trash. All I can see from the thumbnail is just red blotches. If you disagree then just keep painting dark shit that nobody can see. I don't give a fuck.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.