[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Over the last 2 or so months I've been making this comic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17
File: 1.jpg (655 KB, 1072x1556) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
655 KB, 1072x1556
Over the last 2 or so months I've been making this comic. When I started this I had absolutely no direction and almost no experience with storyboarding; I just spewed some shit out in my sketchbook when I was feeling terrible. Ever since then I've occasionally been making some more strips and I feel like I've improved drastically and I'd like some feedback and to see some other people's work.

1/8, hopefully more to come
>>
File: 2.jpg (518 KB, 637x1000) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
518 KB, 637x1000
>>2297676
>>
File: 3.jpg (2 MB, 2061x1640) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
2 MB, 2061x1640
>>2297677
>>
File: 4.jpg (2 MB, 2061x1629) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2 MB, 2061x1629
>>2297679
>>
File: 5.jpg (2 MB, 2061x1629) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
2 MB, 2061x1629
>>2297682
>>
File: 6.jpg (3 MB, 2056x1628) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
3 MB, 2056x1628
>>2297683
>>
File: 7.jpg (1 MB, 1022x1990) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
1 MB, 1022x1990
>>2297685
>>
File: 8.jpg (1 MB, 1200x959) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
1 MB, 1200x959
>>2297687
>>
It's actually pretty nice. The later pages have some good storytelling/layout
>>
this is pretty snazzy, do you have a tumblr or something I can follow you on?
>>
File: 1421026804387.gif (709 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1421026804387.gif
709 KB, 250x141
>>2297676
Not to suck your dick like literally everyone else, but I like this shit alot. Please keep making more. Also like >>2297706 said, plz post link
>>
Yeah these are nice. It looks refined. Even though the art is simple it looks like you've put a lot of time into this particular style and it works
>>
File: raw.jpg (317 KB, 1018x1400) Image search: [Google]
raw.jpg
317 KB, 1018x1400
cool comic dude

btw how do you edit your Scan to make it look more presentable?

heres a page of mine RAW, no PP
>>
>>2297768
When did this came out? dude i love your comics
>>
Thanks so much guys!

Tumbly and DA:

http://zoncanator.tumblr.com/
http://zoncanator.deviantart.com/

>>2297768

I scan mine in and then adjust the levels and that's pretty much it. The only one that I edited was the #7 and all I did was bump the last two panels from another page in my sketchbook underneath the rest of the comic.
>>
>>2297768

Do you eventually prentend to release them in physical format?

Even with lulu and amazon you can even print on demand and get your own ISBN number for the comic...
>>
>>2297676
What the fuck is wrong with /ic/?? Are most of you from tumblr or something. These are bad. These are the kind of comics a 17 year old teenage girl would make to post on her blog. There is one thing going on with the plot and it's Loll s0 ranDum!!! :DDD
Fuck off OP.
>>
File: 546.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
546.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>2298099
>>
>>2298099

>>/b/
>>
>>2298099
read your Scott McCloud before you spout off

these are amateur, but not at all bad

remember OP, it's either going to be clearly ambiguous, or merely strange, not much in between
>>
>>2298099
Have to agree with this guy.

These aren't that good, nothing particularly interesting here. Very similar to a lot of forgettable indie comics. This whole thread seems like one anon and his friends just trying to pump up some subpar work.

If IC actually thinks this is good and warrants this level of hugboxing than advice from this board truly is useless.
>>
>>2298099
>>2298189

wwaahhhh people like things I don't like
>>
OP

These aren't half bad.
You've set up a good atmosphere to take it wherever you want to.

It's a good start, and I'd love to see where you take it.
>>
>>2297676
i love these, but it looks like you drew them too small because you lack skill to do them bigger or with thinner lines. feel free to prove me wrong

it works really well as 'amateur art', something that might do well on tumblr if the comics had better punchlines, because it has appeal, even though a lot of the fundamentals missing from these.

keep going OP
>>
>>2298189
>>2298099
What are you even talking about? 4 people said "it's kinda cool" before you had your autistic little tantrum.
>>
It seems to me like you try to convey a deep message of some sort, without knowing yourself what that message is. It's a nice thought, but it gets a little too incoherent. I think some more planning ahead would do you good, because you're touching on some (maybe) interesting subjects that don't get justice when presented in this fashion. I also really dislike the "kill yourself" stuff in the beginning because to me it just seems forced. But hey, it gets better from then on so thats some progress. Also, please don't make this into pic related!
>>
edgy
>>
It's really cool, and I think you've made quite a progress. The compositions are interesting and I've enjoyed reading these - definitely keep going.
Story-wise, it's a bit all over the place, but I don't mind it because you said you've made these for yourself without giving it a lot of thought.
>>
I remember when u first posted these i really like them i cant explain it but its just nice. With the right art style this could become really cool mb ill try redrawing ur stuff some other time...
>>
>>2297676
I like your comics OP. Interesting to see how many responses are critical of the story/lack of story/randomness of it - Since you said you just started drawing shit and didn't have a goal in mind or anything, I think it's not that important if it seems like you're trying to be "2deep4u" or whatever. It seems clear that you're making some real progress and also probably putting more time and effort into these as you continue to make them, the later pages especially are very nice. I especially like your approach to simplifying things (just using angles for hands and feet, a horizon line w/ a big cloud and two little dots for the figures, etc.) - I haven't made too many comics of my own (at least not yet) but the little experience I do have definitely made me think about how I could be working "smarter, not harder". I think one of the most important things with comics/sequential art or whatever is the ability to convey things clearly to the reader/viewer in each panel in an economic way that still looks visually appealing, and in my opinion you're definitely getting somewhere with that. Sure, the story could use some work, but that didn't really seem to be the point here, so whatever.

Someone already mentioned Scott McCloud, might be worth a read if you haven't already. I'd also suggest "Writing Words and Drawing Pictures" - from what I remember it covers a lot of the basic concepts that McCloud's books have, but also has more info about materials, techniques for lettering, making your own graphite paper, using a light box, etc.

Anyway, the most important thing is that you're producing something and that you feel like you're making progress and learning new shit. Kudos for having the confidence to share. Keep it up!
>>
Reminds me of rice boy
>>
>>2298092

Doubt it, but who knows.

>>2298189

ooooook

>>2298217

>drew them too small because you lack skill to do them bigger or with thinner lines.

I mean I could put a ton of time into these and give them a ton of detail and polish but it would take way longer and this only a couple comics in my sketchbook. That being said, I'm not amazing at drawing, but more effort will definitely be put forth.

>>2298207
>>2298224
>>2298255
>>2298312
>>2298275

Thanks for the feedback!

>>2298320

Looks pretty interesting, will read. Also Scott McCloud
>>
>>2297768
sauce?
>>
>>2298594

Here you go:

http://gijinka.blogspot.cl/
>>
>>2298664
...the fuck.
I... those... ????...
What kind of fucking comic is this?
>>
>>2297682
I love this so much.
that feel when you wish you did this instead.
please do more.
>>
>>2298753
The webcomic of some autistic /pol/tard.
>>
File: 1443930635882.jpg (883 KB, 1286x900) Image search: [Google]
1443930635882.jpg
883 KB, 1286x900
love your stuff man

keep em comming
>>
>>2298664
aha kudos at making me laugh at outright racism you silly nazi
>>
>>2297676

these are amazing!
>>
File: 9.jpg (1 MB, 1300x1027) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
1 MB, 1300x1027
>>2297688
>>
>>2300748
fucking love it. do you have the story planed out or do you come up with it on the spot?
>>
>>2300758

I have a general idea of what's going on with the plot but nothing specific planned out beyond a couple pages. I'll probably sit down and try to figure out some semblance of a structure for this thing, I feel like it's really gaining some momentum.
>>
>>2297768
MAKE THE POL DRAWTHREAD PLS
>>
>>2297676
I do love your art style and what direction is taking, the start's a bit shitty but now I see potential into it, I'd look into remaking the first part to make it have more sense, page 5 and onwards I am in love with.

Keep it up.
>>
File: Crazy3.jpg (81 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Crazy3.jpg
81 KB, 1024x576
>>2300748

Justin Roiland called: He wants his character back
>>
File: rickmortyface.jpg (304 KB, 1000x877) Image search: [Google]
rickmortyface.jpg
304 KB, 1000x877
>>2300788
pls
>>
>>2298217
Says the 'artiste'

Go live some and don't stop drawing op.
>>
I fucking love your art style dude
>>
OP I like it but at least half of the text ie "where am i? in a hole" could be cut
>>
>>2297676
This is weird, I like it. I think you may have even inspired me to draw a comic I've been mulling over for a while.
>>
I'd love to see more. That art style and tone of the strips, I love it.
>>
>>2298320
Do you know where I can find torrent of that?
>>
>>2297676
>I feel like I've improved drastically
For tumblr standards, maybe. you're good enough to go work on cartoon network.
wanna some feedback? its fucking terrible man, like someone else said in the thread this kind of stuff is like some pretend alternative comic of a 16 years old kid thinking "its interesting because it makes no sense", like the comics we did on /b/ ten years ago. with the difference that ten years ago it had sense, because no one had tried making something like the insect abduction comic or soapfoot before.
but hear me out: continue with this shit. I'm sure your intentions are genuine, and even if you're an incredible shitty artist you maybe can make something interesting out of this. just do't even think for a second you improved someway
its a trap. the moment you think "now its better" is the moment its potential dies
>>
>>2300767
Dude it's pretty wicked.
But I'm scared for when this really starts to get moving.

Keep the atmosphere. Keep the unknown still present. Don't plateau. Don't let it become dull....because once it does, the technical skill won't be there to catch it and it'll fail completely.
>>
>>2302178
>its a trap. the moment you think "now its better" is the moment its potential dies

Haha, you're a fucking idiot. The defeatist "you have to hate everything you do in order to get better" /ic/ crap doesn't work. Only by recognizing your flaws AND strengths can you get better and develop much needed confidence.

The last page OP posted is definitely showing a lot more promise than the first one. That doesn't mean it's anywhere near good yet, but it IS better than it was before and if you want to make it as an artist, you need to train your eyes to recognize not just mistakes but also improvement, no matter how subtle.
>>
>>2302178

>you're good enough to go work on cartoon network
>it's fucking terrible

make up your mind faggot
>>
>>2302238
That was the thing that bothered me - I was wondering how by making pages of comics can he not get better?
>>
>>2297768
Are you a real comic artist? I swear i've seen this exact style somewhere.
>>
/ic/ turned into a hug box?
>>
>>2302288
Yes, you better leave this board immediately, otherwise all these positive comments will turn you to dust.
>>
>>2302288
All boards have turned into a hugbox
>>
new page when?
>>
>>2302288
>>2302296

4chan is a say whatever you want site, not a treat everyone like shit arbitrarily site. Go fuck yourself, you secret seal clubbing Canadian faggot.

I like it OP. I'm not going to pick it apart, because I'm an amateur critic and wouldn't know what I'm supposed to be looking for, but I like it.
>>
>>2305343
>4chan is a say whatever you want site, not a treat everyone like shit arbitrarily site.

This is something I wish more people on this board understood.
Retards whine about hugboxes the second anyone praises a fucking thing.
>>
>>2305343
>4chan is a say whatever you want site
No, there are still rules and it's moderated, not saying that's a bad thing but you shouldn't think this is some kind of bastion of free speech where we can all say whatever we want to say
>>
File: sketches.jpg (895 KB, 752x1200) Image search: [Google]
sketches.jpg
895 KB, 752x1200
>>2304660

Soon! Busy as fuck with all my final projects for the semester. Hopefully I can pump out a fair few over my break.
>>
>>2305576
nice! you are getting better all the time! just be sure not to half ass things, like the floor, the lines are just bad, they shouldnt be curved like that and shoudl follow the same 1 vanishing point instead
>>
What happend to the other memecat comic? the one with huge ass and no face?
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.