[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
krenz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
curious about /ic/'s opinion of him?
>>
literally hoo
>>
>>2289993
the usual of course! better than 97.42% of /ic/ :^)
>>
I like.
>>
>>2289998
krenz/crushart
>>
>>2290002
Did you take someone's criticism here so personally man? You go on every "celeb" thread posting this.
My hugs go to you man.
>>
>>2289998
Looking at the archive, pretty much this. He's sold work at comiket at least a couple of times though so I'm assuming he's more known among Eastern circles.

I think he's cool though,lots of cool studies and he seems to have a really good grasp on fundamentals, but this is through my pleb beginner lens.
>>
>>2290009
just keep denying little west man :^)
>>
>>2289993

really like his use of colors desu
rest is pretty generic animu
>>
>>2289993
There's not much to say really. he's pretty good. he's also an art teacher apparently. better than me for sure.
curse him
>>
>>2290150
>curse him
Why do people here always want to tear down others? Wouldn't it be better to learn from people better than you than to hate them?
>>
i like his technique and his color choices.
subject matter is whatever. i wonder if people bitched at mucha for only drawing pretty girls
>>
>>2290151
>always want to tear down others?
>rethoric swearing
another one bait the dust
>>
>>2290152
If he had lived in the internet age, probably
>>
samefaced anime shit. All anime looks the same to me and I've always hated it. always the same big eyes, upturned triangle nose, spiky hair, mechsuits-or-retardedfantasyarmor, waifish girls and androgynous boys, etc. etc. etc.

just not my thing
>>
>>2289993
He's one of my favorite artists because he doesn't really care about appeasing people's tastes. His fundamentals are incredibly strong and he shows good command of color. He could really do whatever he wants but he'd rather just paint cute girls and cool cities. I often find myself preferring his rough more than his finished pictures but that has been changing more recently as his personal style has been developing.

Check out his twitter for some of the studies he does. He also puts up some quick tips/process pictures from time to time.

https://twitter.com/KrenzCushart
>>
What the hell happened to /ic/ holy shit.
>>
>>2290383
ur mom
>>
>>2290179
It doesn't take a minute to look through his twitter or gallery and see that you are completely wrong in your prejudice of his skill
>>
>>2290383
I feel ya. This will probably be the last year I visit
>>
>>2290179
>All anime looks the same to me and I've always hated it.

kek
>>
>>2290017
ahmed pls, shouldn't you be off beheading your whore of a wife
>>
>>2290017
why are you posting on 4chan instead of raiding baguetteland right now?
>>
>>2289993
Reasonably competent, but is for the most part nondescript, which is worse than being bad.
>>
File: krenz.png (2 MB, 1034x800) Image search: [Google]
krenz.png
2 MB, 1034x800
do people really not know who krenz is
>>
File: photostudy.jpg (17 KB, 450x637) Image search: [Google]
photostudy.jpg
17 KB, 450x637
>>2290736

I only found out about him before this thread by seeing an artist I follow recommend him.

I like his colors and construction.
>>
>>2290152
In the late part of his career art critics were calling him a has-been for his subject matter and style
>>
>>2290748
that's interesting.
>>
>>2290748
Wasn't the late part of his career devoted to the Slav Epic?
>>
>>2290835
I'm talking about before he started on Slav Epic, when he was still doing more commercial stuff.
>>
oh boy he got a patreon now:
https://www.patreon.com/KrenzCushart?ty=h
>>
He's one of my short-term goalposts if that makes sense.
>>
>>2290918

What do you mean?
>>
>>2290928
hes not super impressive but still better than anon
>>
>>2290942

I would classify his skill level as high intermediate rather than advanced. I definitely think his work has a lot of appeal though.
>>
>>2290928
I like how he does anatomy. I think it's a happy middle ground between Hampton and Bridgman. It's something I would like to emulate for a while then move on soon.

I personally don't care for his painting though. I have other idols for that,
>>
I love his anatomy and value studies, and his process pictures. After a while his palettes get a little boring, but I like the technique. I'd probably buy a book from him if I found one.
>>
>>2290383
I don't know man, a feel like a few shitposters have arrived as of late, and this have just been going down hill fast with the damage a select few retards can do to a board this small.
>>
>>2291385
>>2290383

>waaaah people are disagreeing with me waaaah

go back to your safe space if you don't like it
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.