[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
- Conceptart and CG died, CA is filled with asslicking posters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1447709933886.jpg (135 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447709933886.jpg
135 KB, 768x1024
- Conceptart and CG died, CA is filled with asslicking posters
- crimzon and permanoob are dead
- 4chan is filled with butthurt failures and pointless trolls and attention whores and talentless 15yrs old future faillures
- tumblr is filled with cunts sjw and degenerates
- facebook is asslicking gay culture
- Art station, DA are good but only to post your final work, not your 'sketchbook'

Where can I go to upload a sketchbook like we used to do back in the time in CA? (old anons will know what I mean) I added a few anons to skype and so far it's the best I got right now but I am looking for something better.

Thanks & I dont care about your stupid opinion on life you are talentless future welfare cocksucker and burger flipper, just tell me where to go or fuck off my thread.
>>
Sauce on the cat
>>
>>2288082
Post it here so we can laugh at it.
>>
File: 1432163223829.jpg (15 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
1432163223829.jpg
15 KB, 604x438
>>2288082
>Imblying we'd tell you where our secret club is so you can ruin it for the rest of us.

Get back to your asslicking on facebook faggot.
>>
have you tried /trash/?
>>
File: 1390827859594.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1390827859594.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
You'd just go there and bitch anyway.
>>
I know CA slowly died because Jason Manley is a complete fucktard, but why exactly did CGHUB die?
>>
>>2288104

nobody knows. the guy who owned it just shut it down and declined to offer any explanation why.

http://cgplus.com/ is supposed to be the new CGHub, but it's pretty slow compared to how CGHub was.
>>
>>2288082
>Where can I go to upload a sketchbook like we used to do back in the time in CA?

There's nowhere, anon. Forum culture is dead, a relic of a bygone age of the Internet. This is the age of social media.

I actually sort of like Tumblr for sketchbooks. You can avoid the SJW shit if you are judicious about which people you subscribe to: I have a strict policy that I unfollow anyone who uses the phrase "toxic masculinity" in any context, for instance. It's not as good as CA was, but nothing is ever going to be that great again, most likely. Olde CA was a rare confluence of factors, a perfect storm.
>>
Twitter might work but you'd need a following and some hashtag to get your work noticed.

Maybe something like #sketch or #Art
>>
While I wouldn't mind creating a platform for sketchbook dumping, it's not very difficult and I have a lot of code I could reuse, but I honestly don't see the point.
I'm not sure what exactly it is you want out of this place you're saying you miss, but if it's discussion/pointers from others, looking through other's sketchbooks and finding shit you like etc, you're pretty much describing how tumblr works (minus discussion). It's the biggest platform and it more or less does what you want it to - the filled with sjw and degenerates doesn't really make sense since you choose what people you see on the site. You got instagram as well, it's just smaller.

What is it you're missing in the currently available options? Because if community is the only thing you're bitching about (from the sounds of your complaints anyways) you're shit outa luck, as there's no real non-nazi-circlejerk way of dealing with that. Even if I or someone else were to create someplace for /ic/ specifically it'd be pretty slow and give no real reason for anyone to switch over to it or bother with it compared to the exposure you can get on tumblr.
>>
CGTalk is still around go there.
>>
>>2288198
Why not try? I know plenty of people who'd be interested in starting a new community not to mention most of the anons here would be on there in a second.
>>
>>2288082
try some facebook groups???
>>
>>2288250
Didn't really think there would be an audience for it, as I wrote it would be kind of a nieche compared to just using tumblr, deviantart or whatever else. If you got some backup for what you're saying and you're up for something like this, maybe air the idea with whatever interested people you know (I assume you're talking about the skype/da group).

If the idea really is something that wouldn't be dead in the water email me at [email protected] with a spec of the site in mind - features, general purpose, etc and I'll start fiddling with it. I have a general idea and I'll probably start something anyways without any direction from you or anyone else as I don't expect much, if any, to come, as this would be for myself as practice. Right now I'm going to bed, though. Don't expect anything from this, but if enough interest is shown I'm game.
>>
>>2288090
you don't wanna eat that, too fatty
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>>2288082
>>
>>2288276
not that guy but i think the niche thing is a plus if anything. the big sites have their own pros and cons but they are overloaded and it's hard to feel a sense of a tight knit community, which might be possible with a new forum.

there was a guy a while back who said he was making something (drawthread.com i believe) but he seems to have disappeared. lots of anons were interested when he pitched the idea.

and forums being dead as a medium, i'm not sure. sycra's forums (http://www.sycra.net/forum) are pretty active by current standards. and old school forums like SA are still going strong (but it was made way back so i guess not a fair comparison)

and anons on /ic/ are interested in a forum, i'm pretty sure of that because we have smiliar threads like this several times a month.
>>
>>2288276
I'd jump ship in a heartbeat nigga.

A niche community is exactly what we need.
>>
How about http://www.theartposse.net and https://cubebrush.com/forums/
?
>>
I don't really want to see peoples' studies and quick sketches, it's boring. And I can't be bothered to post mine anywhere. Looking through the sketchbooks over at cgplus, people tend to just dump mounds of shit. Probably just looking for asspats, and thats what most of the comments are. Useless. A place to go for good crits on finished work would be nice. But even there you're probably better off trying to get crits from some select artists whose judgement you trust.
>>
>>2288174
>Teacher talking about debating in class
>asks me where I have seen debates take place
>I say the Internet (because I didn't want to say image boards).
>He immediately asks me if I mean social media
>"N-no, I meant forums and s-such."
>A few students snicker at me, I feel embarrassed for some reason

I do wish that the age of forums would come back, though. Fucking normies with their social media.
>>
>>2291908
>not just saying "Art websites"

baka senpai
>>
http://www.theartposse.net is coming in strong right now
>>
>>2291917
He asked me to specify Internet, a website is still very broad desu, senpai.
>>
>>2288082
>Thanks & I dont care about your stupid opinion on life you are talentless future welfare cocksucker and burger flipper, just tell me where to go or fuck off my thread.

Work on keeping down your autism, kid. Even if there was some super secret, amazing art community around, no one would ever tell you about it because no one would want a person as unpleasant as you there. No matter where you go, you automatically make that community worse by being there.
>>
>>2291923
Going to art school makes you realize why normies never make it, they're so uninquisitive and can't disassociate their work from themselves.
>>
>>2291908
>image boards
>debate
THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY SENPAI!1

SEIG HEIL! SEIG HEIL! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Art Posse is a pretty new one.

It'll never live up to CA or Crimson Daggers, or even Permanoobs - but it's there.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.