[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doing Commissions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: commissions.png (212 KB, 1095x776) Image search: [Google]
commissions.png
212 KB, 1095x776
I'm trying to start doing commissions, but I have no idea where to start. I have no online presence and don't have any social media accounts, art-related or otherwise. Where do I go to start conning people into buying my shit? Where do YOU go?
>>
If OP pic is your art, then you are way too much of a beginner to start thinking about things like this. Also this is an 18+ board
>>
>>2286316
Deviantart
Tumblr
HentaiFoundry
Furaffinity
Twitter
Picarto
Livestream
Twitch?
Patreon

you NEED at least one of more social media for it to be easier for people to reach you and for them to be able to see all your prices and when you stream art etc.

you can always make a non social media site but i'm afraid your success rate might be limited that way
>>
>>2286320
Not sure if it's ops art but it's a joke obviously, it shows that commisioners or consumers in general usually have no standards and are willing to pay large sums for shit (sometimes literal)

you're right this is a 18+ board maybe when you are of age you can join like the rest
>>
>>2286316

Lol forget about it and go panhandling. You need quite a bit of skills to make any remotely significant amount of money doing art comissions.
>>
>>2286321
Is there any standard of practice for listing commissions on those places? I fear that just making a new account and listing prices and examples will just lead to being neglected since I'd be some nobody with literally zero connections.
>>
>>2286329
Everyone is a nobody at 1st anon, just follow the rules and guidlines for each site

I know FA has a separate link in profiles just for commission info ( most people tend to ignore it anyway and instead put it on the main profile page )

I doesn't really mater, you might want to at least put of a smallish gallery or your works so people can see the style and coloring and decide if you're what they want

Make sure to make a lot of pictures of what you're best at drawing and your interest since that usually helps potential customers know what you're willing to draw (you can also make listing of things you prefer NOT to draw)

good luck
>>
>>2286329

dude put your art out there first, post min 3 drawings a week, comment on other peoples work even if you think it's shit. use multiple platforms >>2286321 until you get maybe 100 followers, don't even bother putting out commission prices, just put somewhere 'commissions open'.

i recommend deviant art, tumblr and twitter for this.

tip for twitter, don't ONLY post about art, sell your personality and life too. i'd say 20-40% of your posts should be drawings.
>>
>>2286327
its a retarded joke that is funny if you have the mentality of a 5 year old.
>>
>>2286337
>tip for twitter, don't ONLY post about art, sell your personality and life too. i'd say 20-40% of your posts should be drawings.

Are you sure, anon? Blogging about my life makes me feel dirty.

Not OP btw
>>
>>2286337
>>2286329
Here's another tip: Draw fan art. If you're on twitter and you draw a popular artist fan art chances are they will retweet it, giving you more followers. Same goes for tumblr except you don't need to dick ride specific artists. tags go a long way. This is basic shit though, I'm sure you had that much figured out.
>>
>>2286345

yeah personality is a huge factor in what makes people successful. most youtube artists/tutorial makers are shit and would never have made it if they were only posting their art. their personality is a big factor, their voice and hearing there is a real person behind the art that you can relate to.

also use hashtags like crazy. i always thought how stupid they were until i added a couple and got way more feedback. search for #drawing and see what tags other people are using.

submit to accounts like @sketch_dailies on twitter

oh yeah instagram is pretty good, and try setting up a site with wordpress or something as a place to always link people back from all your social media sites.

it's worth spending a week setting all of this stuff up.

you can never start this stuff too soon by the way. if you show that you're trying to improve in what you post, people like to follow along with that too. trust me once you get into the hang of posting stuff and interacting with your followers/the community, you'll wish you started sooner.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.