[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my painting. Used acrylic paint, tried to paint with a kind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151107_170714.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151107_170714.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Rate my painting. Used acrylic paint, tried to paint with a kind of knife, failed miserably. This is the first one I did entirely out of my mind and my 3rd painting ever. Any mature criticism is welcome.
>>
Boring
>>
>>
>>2278631
it's acrylic so it dries pretty quicky. Oil stays pretty sticky for a while before it dries especially if using alkyds or other mediums.
>>
>>2278639
oh my sweet summer child

they mean read the sticky of /ic/, it has information on art fundamentals which is the best place for you to start

at this stage theres no point critiquing because it all comes back to you having no solid fundamentals yet.

try posting your work in the beginners thread next time, you'll get better responses and less hate.
>>
>>2278620
use less paint
>>
>>2278692
yeah i felt that, as i said, tried the knife painting technique, fucked up
>>
>>2278749
serious question, do you feel you have a good enough grasp on painting with brushes so you can branch out into other techniques?
>>
>>2278751
not. at. all. practicing with pencil before painting actually, proportions, shades, values, etc, but really just wanted to try it out
>>
You used too much paint on the knife for SURE.
>>
>>2278620
you can't do what bob does with acrylics, op.
>>
>>2278814
Says who?
I get good results using an acrylic thinner
>>
>>2278620
you should mix the right colours before you start painting. it looks very easy when Bob does it, but it takes a lot of practice and understanding of colour and values.
for example, your sky is too blue to look natural. it should consist of mostly white and a little blue and grey added in there. maybe even a brownish colour, depending on the landscape and time of day you want to depict.
the mountains are a weird flesh colour and seem much too light compared to the rest.
the trees look pretty decent, colour-wise. the application of the paint seems a little amateurish though. also they end too abruptly in the grass. the grass is much too green, and unnaturally bright compared to the trees.
i see your attempt to paint a pond in the corner, but this makes the painting just too busy. you could use the space to get some nice variations on your greens down and maybe expand the woods a little more.

also, the composition is very strict and boring. there is a mountain dead in the center. one dark band of trees and a blue blue sky surrounding it. too clichee. maybe prepare some sketches of how you want it to turn out on the canvas. sketches can also include colour variations and a palette to choose from when you are ready to put it on canvas.

please continue painting and copying from painters who inspire you. it's a fast way to learn
>>
>>2278843
thanks alot mate, appreciate it
>>
>>2278639
Kekekek
>>
Blocky and unvaried. Light source isn't considered properly. Terrible water.

D- at least you tried.
>>
File: morning-haze.jpg (454 KB, 1000x422) Image search: [Google]
morning-haze.jpg
454 KB, 1000x422
>>2278620
atmospheric perspective, senpai
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.