[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>find an tumblr that belongs to a not well known, but pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1392809449350.png (46 KB, 292x383) Image search: [Google]
1392809449350.png
46 KB, 292x383
>find an tumblr that belongs to a not well known, but pretty good artist
>the tumblr randomly disappears
>most likely from being deleted by the owner
why do ppl do this
>>
>>2273749
Nobody likes it when you find out their work and you start sucking their dick when they're purposely trying to not get attention from your hugbox mentality.
>>
>>2273756
How on earth did you get all of that from my post. No one does that shit to nobodies on tumblr unless they are pandering to a fandom.
>>
>>2273749
It's possible they also changed their blogname. Do you have a link a former post of theirs, in your likes for example? Is the username still the same?
>>
>>2273769
I thought about that as well, but I followed them so I should have still be able to access their blog if thats the case. And besides, their account name has "deactivated" beside it so im pretty sure they deleted it
>>
>>2273772
>their account name has "deactivated" beside it
Yeah unfortunately that's a delete then. Sometimes they do come back though, but that's a bummer. Yeah I don't know why they do that either, I mean why not just close asks and the inbox and leave the blog up even if they don't want to post any more
>>
Some people think starting fresh is a way to make up for past mistakes. For an artist, it makes sense because they think of these blogs as part of themselves.

For everyone else, it's just really annoying to chase down an artist multiple times. Unless they go from SFW to NSFW or vice versa, their fans dont change so overall it's a pointless thing.

>tfw when I'm following somone who deleted 6 times between their SFW and NSFW

And probably 7 now since I haven't checked lately. The fact that I can chase someone through that many screennames shows how little actually changes in content, skill, or style.
>>
Well, they probably just got tired of tumblr. I had an artist friend of mine delete her tumblr this past summer because she felt like having a tumblr wasn't benefitting her in any way, career-wise or craft-wise. Also, tumblr often distracted her, so she wanted to cut that out.
>>
>>2273916
>>2274035
these and probably harassment

there are many artists I knew of who get constantly harassed because he/she drew fanart of a show/source material that hardcore tumblrites are diehard fans of but they hate that artists's fan art of them because it doesn't ring right with them (e.g. skin color)
>>
I keep deleting mine because I get embarrassed and can't handle the thought of people looking at it anymore. Sorry anon.
>>
for no reason at all, some people feel too pressured to sustain an art blog. especially if noone is giving their art any attention. better to just pretend it ever excited.
>>
Because sometimes, some tumblr artists realize that fandom pandering illustration isn't actually art and that they've been whoring out their skills for patreon money instead of developing as artists.
>>
>>2274051
the majority of the harassers are either trolls or dumb idiot kids tricked into thinking harassment is okay through binary morality, getting led around by the nose by said trolls

then again, teenagers are just fucked up in general, we wince at the thought of the type of person we were when we were 15 and we'll probably shudder at the thought of who were are now when we're 30 (or more than that i guess if you're already past your 20's)
>>
>>2273749
They fail to see any reason to keep such a thing when non one pays any attention to it. Ive deleted many art tumblrs I had. Never once had more than 12 unique followers that weren't bots each time and I had well over 200 drawings and doodles posted on each one. I made a tumblr to share my art with others and maybe meet some new friends, but I winded up just wasting time with that place more than anything.
>>
A couple of years ago I nuked my dA since i hadn't updated in a while, plus i wanted to start fresh. Some people got upset. Sorry : (
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.