[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are plenty of boorus for weeb shit and anime But why hasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
There are plenty of boorus for weeb shit and anime
But why hasn't any one made a booru with traditional and realistic paintings yet
Drawings and paintings that are more tasteful that all that anime garbage
>>
>>2271295
Nobody in the current times has reached that level of draftsmanship or has even come close to achieving it despite the medium and all the tools we have on our disposal with digital.
>>
File: 4323213131.jpg (237 KB, 800x846) Image search: [Google]
4323213131.jpg
237 KB, 800x846
>>2271295
>>
>>2271310
damn, this is me. spot on.
>>
>>2271302
I wish I knew why this is. What's so different about the times back then when all the masters started popping up and now? We have so much more access to information and better technology. Do people just become too satisfied with successful mediocrity to progress further?
>>
>>2271310
Chuck seems like a faggot.
>>
>>2271339
there are masterful oil painters popping up all the time
>>
>>2271310
Except for the critique remark, this comes off like he's jealous of fine artists

>those elitists pricks with their sketchbooks everywhere, spending all their time improving and getting compliments on their work
>>
>>2271339
He's wrong. There is millions of artist and you don't even know their names because of language barrier. After 300 years some of them will become old masters.
>>
>>2271344
>>2271353
Oh that's a good point I didn't think of. It's not like every old master was commonly recognized during their time either.
>>
>>2271349
i really want to go out and skerch in muh sketchbook. i find it difficult to sketch unless muh sketchboOk is small; so people dont notice me
>>
>>2271295

does making a booru cost anything? i have like 40 gigs of traditional work, a lot of it ultra high res.

it's almost only impressionist painting
>>
>>2271688
no, go nuts
http://booru.org/create
>>
>>2271295
because "tasteful" people are computer illiterate. haha fuck off
>>
those boorus are called museums
>super high def
>fantastic bandwidth
>amazing interface
>no ads
the comments are still stupid as fuck, though
>>
>>2271339
Its simple really. We have photography now, therefore near no one sees the purpose of years upon years working to achieve realism and even fewer are willing to buy it. Sure when they see even semi-good art, they are amazed by it, but the time when it was largely seeked out is long gone
>>
>>2271759
their copy protection is really extreme
>>
>>2271295
>MY OPINIONS MATTER MORE THAN YOURS DO!
>>
>>2271295
the fact that even you wouldn't be interested in that because your post only means to hate on the mainstream love of anime in this board gives it no reason.
you could have tried to list up positive reasons to make one and be one of the rare individuals on ic who aren't salty, but no, you chose to be salty.

Let me give you a clue. Negative motivation may seem good but it won't work long-term. Remember Star Wars? it's the daaaark side of the force. People who ultimately do art to be "not average" will fail, because that's a weak reason to go at it, not enough to keep you going day by day.
If anything, try to ask yourself if your love for traditional and realistic paintings is genuine or you are just like those peoples who like classical music because it's so cool to be one of those people who like unpopular things.
>>
A more neutral response. Among several other factors. Most, if not all, of the Classic paintings were made at time when certain pigments were far more costly than others. One example would be the use of blue in the female's headband (original image.) Unlike our modern era where we have access to a full spectrum of colors. It is likely, to save money, the artist used certain less expensive colors (lots of yellows and browns) thus giving the painting a certain tone, which compared to modern pieces would appear to represent a different time in human history (i.e. more colorful).

Their work at the time was a means of representing some portion of a greater story, most prominently religion. Which historically has always been a popular commission.

As for tastefulness. The OP/image is (I presume) a mythical figure, a nymph, interacting with some other figure of religious significance of the time. It is unlikely you will find a modern artist painting people wearing togas and other Greek attire as it is not widely significant today.

Finally, to put it simply, artists have always operated on some form of commission. Although there are many attributes of Greek mythology/religion used in media today, the means by which we convey these stories has changed significantly. There are many artists who make great paintings in our modern era, but as the career of the artist goes, in order to support a lifestyle through artwork alone, one must go with what sells.
>>
>>2271310
>undies and socks dont stink

wow whoever made this was butthurt as hell.
Impossible to be a "real" artist while maintaining personal hygiene right?

#artstruggles #posers #fuckyouforrejectingmeFZD
>>
>>2274493
anime isn't arnt.
>>
>>2274467
>#fuckyouforrejectingmeFZD
Count yourself lucky. You dodged a bullet there.
I'd tell you to maybe do even a little bit of research on where you're going if you're just planning to burn over 50-70 grand like that.
>>
File: kinggainer04_082.jpg (95 KB, 728x1061) Image search: [Google]
kinggainer04_082.jpg
95 KB, 728x1061
>>2274493
While it's funny to poke fun at anime and say stuff like this, when you get people that actually know what they're doing within the anime field and have solid foundations that they're building from, you can get incredibly aesthetically pleasing work.
And it makes sense, the whole idea of anime work is to simplify life into shapes and rhythms that please the eye, that pushes beyond what you would get in more realistic centred art.

While it's not anywhere near the same level as masters, and it's almost an entirely different discipline, getting proficient in this sort of thing is still incredibly difficult, you need the same fundamentals, and a huge proficiency in draughtsmanship.
Anime art/animation gets a pretty bad rep, mostly from all the shitters who get into it.
But on the high level you have people like Yoh Yoshinari, who recently worked worked on LWA2 and it's keyframes and does fantastic animation.
You have studios like KyoAni who pump out consistently good animation with great aesthetics.
And drawing wise you can just take a look at things like the Atmosphere Sketchbooks.
Even manga/doujin artists like Nakumura Yoshihiro (with his doujin nick being Inoue Kiyoshirou)
I've always felt that there's a great deal to learn in terms of just draughtsmanship and shape design from some of these animu guys, since their job is literally just that, they focus on it, and do it with appealing aesthetics, which you can apply even to your own work as a painter.
>>
Has anyone ever fapped to the old masters' work? I'm kind of considering whacking one off to some Bouguereau now...
>>
>>2271310
I dont see anything wrong with this except the smugness... This guy must have been rejected by some fine arts students for friendship or something.
>>
>>2276000
Inoue has done of of the biggest stylistic shifts I've seen. Back in the day, he used to draw in a more detailed style that was popular in the late 90s and early 2000s, then he switched over to the style you see in your picture almost over night.
>>
>>2272458
aii
>>
>>2276000
"Anime" style doesn't exist. It's called manga style
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.