[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any colorblind artists here? How do you choose your colors?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
Any colorblind artists here?
How do you choose your colors?
What techniques do you use to blend?
Any advice to color properly?
>>
>>2270067
daniel warren is color blind he has good advice for people like you and i heard rumors about him having special color wheels and brushes but i'm just an anonymous faggot so good luck..i'm sorry you cant see colors.
>>
>>2270067
Im colorblind, tend not to use colors but that may just be why I wont get very far..
>>
File: protanopeballoon.jpg (141 KB, 468x229) Image search: [Google]
protanopeballoon.jpg
141 KB, 468x229
>>2270071
Thanks, I'll look into his stuff.
And for the record, colorblindness isn't always shades of grey; I for one am protanopic, so my vision looks like this. It ranges from mild to severe, but even at my level, picking out tones, especially for skin is nearly impossible. But colors still are beautiful, and I wish I could use them. Hopefully Warren helps me out
>>
>>2270079
So for you those two pictures look exactly the same?
>>
>>2270093
nearly exactly, colorblindness really is interesting the more you look into it, and you see how prevalent it actually is
>>
>>2270079
Holy shit, are you only able to see blue/yellow/grey then? There are some extremely intense reds, pinks, purples and greens in that image. Even some of the blues that are more greenish are lost in the left image.
>>
>>2270164
it would be sad, but I don't know what normal is, so outside of picking colors, it doesn't affect my daily life. I've heard that my vision is a "brown-blue-green" mess for others
>>
>>2270079
>mfw i cant see the difference
y-you cant full me they are the same image!
>>
File: Van-Gogh-color-blind_correct.jpg (399 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
Van-Gogh-color-blind_correct.jpg
399 KB, 600x476
>>2270176
This is what about 8% of men see, to varying degrees
>>
File: pizza.jpg (54 KB, 412x627) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
54 KB, 412x627
>>2270079

Fun fact: deuteranopia is actually superior to normal vision, you are able to understand cool/warm colors much much better, and you can see the clear separation of cool green/warm green which is something no normal human can do, just paint with desaturated harmonious tones, color is not too implrtant anyways, you can use your super vision to your advantage.

In fact people like you were hired during WWII for their superhuman abilities to see through camouflage, I'm not even making this up.
>>
>>2270067
Im colorblind just go with what you think looks right and read the name of colors and youll figure it out
if your really having issues just dont use colors and shade
>>
File: 1394907710831.jpg (113 KB, 933x610) Image search: [Google]
1394907710831.jpg
113 KB, 933x610
This russian colorblindness test is p accurate.

The eyes are really the window to the soul!
>>
Pointless the Thread.
>>
>>2270292
>you can see the clear separation of cool green/warm green which is something no normal human can do

I'm not colour blind and I can do that.
>>
File: 1445332636644.png (83 KB, 790x773) Image search: [Google]
1445332636644.png
83 KB, 790x773
>>2270308
how do you see circle 5
>tfw cant see circle five
>>
>>2270319
gay scum die
>>
>>2270308
What but i like girls thsi test is non-legit
>>
>>2270320
i just want to know what is wrong with my eyeballs
>>
>>2270308

I'm at least bisexual so I don't give a shit if I don't see 5, but is it a troll image or does anyone actually see a number? I'm guessing troll image.
>>
>>2270308
>>
>>2270336
>I'm guessing troll image.
was wondering that myself
although ive heard a small portion of the population can see even more spectra
>>
>>2270292
except I'm protanopic, so fuck me
>>
>>2270336
is troll image men.
>>
>>2270308
guess im bi then
>>
>>2270368
>>2270417
There's a number in there.
>>
>>2270079
Blue and green shall never be seen has a completely different meaning to you.
How do you choose you colour combinatios?
>>
>>2270308
you cunt.
Had me image searching for legitimacy.
Well played.
>>
>>2270067
>>2270079

There's plenty of colourblind artists, just paint what you see and what looks right, and never ever ever use it as an excuse for having shitty art like Dan does.
>>
I'm having a huge issue blending colours and applying them to planes. It's been stumping me consistently. They always end up really muddy.

Any tips? Should I just go back to black and white for a while?
>>
>>2270079
Is this a troll picture? Who the fuck do they think they're fucking with?
>haha we made u think u got vision problems :^)
LMAO
>>
>>2273742
No, those two are different

get checked anon
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.