[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here interested in taxidermy? Post pics of your work,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
Anyone else here interested in taxidermy? Post pics of your work, references, guides, etc. Also, where do you guys find your specimens? I live in Arizona so it's pretty barren. I'm limited to mostly rodents and rabbits because I can buy them as feed for reptiles.
Pic related is a rabbit of mine.
>>
Bump for intrest
>>
>>2270028
jesus Christ..i bet you stuck bad dragon pussies on these dead bodies.
>>
I have pet rats, when they die I want to put wires through their bones to have a little skelly rat to keep me company.
Dunno if I'd be able to do it without breaking down and crying tho, they're my only friends ._.
>>
taxidermy is the art of sociopaths and psychopaths
>>
>>2270058
we can be your friends, anon
>>
>>2270070
So is drawing and painting.
Look at Hitler.
>>
>>2270028
reported for animal cruelty
if only you had taken him to the dentist he could have lived another 3 years
>>
>>2270599
>Implying Hitler was a sociopath

Hitler was a genius, as a matter of fact Bibi even said that Hitler did not want to exterminate the Jews but merely relocate them,
>>
>>2270603
LOL
>>
>>2270058
Why get rats then? They're adorable and awesome but they have such a short life spans. You're just setting yourself up for constant heartbreak. ;-;
>>
>>2270028
How did you get into this? I would be interested in learning this, seems so interesting. Is it an expensive hobby?
>>
>>2270604
Let's not do this. I just want to talk about stuffin dead shit.
>>
>>2271874
if you know anyone who works as a roadkill collector sometimes they find pretty in tact bodies and you can buy off them or maybe they'll even give it to you. Sometimes people's pets have babies and some are stillborn or any sort of wildlife people whose animals die. Many ways to get bodies. It's just sometimes hard to find some that are "fresh" and in a good enough state. Skilled taxidermists can work with imperfect corpses though.
>>
>>2271897
sorry didn't mean to imply that a stillborn would be great to use, but I've seen some sets done of animals with dead babies next to them in a "feeding" or "resting" pose and stuff that looked cool. Not very versatile though.
>>
>>2271880
Go to /b/
>>
>>2270604
>relocate them
Yeah, he was fucking alchemist.
Turning jews from matter to gas state.
>>
>>2270080
Not him, but you bunch are terrible friends. Le meme parrots, le shitposters, le drama queens, le queers, le underage and just plain dumbfuck dunning-Krugers.
>>
I'm from Kentucky, 21, F and I love taxidermy.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
In Kentucky we have coyotes. I mainly pick up road kill.
>>
>>2271433
Because I haven't had a pet die on me in a while and I wasn't thinking straight.

Plus they're so awesome, it's kinda worth it in a way.
>>
File: 1446707202095.png (2 MB, 1996x2036) Image search: [Google]
1446707202095.png
2 MB, 1996x2036
>>2270028
Got this from /k/
>>
>>2270028
>>2276827

What do you guys use to remove the asshole and colon?
>>
>>2270028
I used to taxidermize fish. It's hard to continue since I have no garage now. I'm waiting until I get a house to start up again.

>>2276662
Same here, but in Maine.

>>2276663
Beautiful. Have you tried fitting it around a coyote-sized mannequin? Are you just tanning the fur?
>>
Not a taxidermist, more interested bone articulation.

If you keep any of the bones after the taxidermy process gimme gimme gimme.
>>
>>2277149
My dick.
It works.
>>
>>2277415
Either you have a barbed feline penis or you are giving anal sex a whole new meaning.
>>
File: redneck-fails-14.jpg (224 KB, 550x551) Image search: [Google]
redneck-fails-14.jpg
224 KB, 550x551
This looks pretty cool
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.