[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CGHUB IS DEAD, LONG LIVE CG+
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
cgplus.com
>>
>>2249753
CGHub's been dead a year and a half. What's different about this site from Artstation or Drawcrowd? Why should we care?
>>
>>2249753
if they have a sketchbook section will open an account n post, seems like the front page is also stuck on orgasm mode only the tip top are show every one else aint matter, f that,..,.,.
>>
>>2249763
>seems like the front page is also stuck on orgasm mode only the tip top are show every one else aint matter, f that,..,.,.

Dude what? That's what made cghub so fucking great in the first place. That their front page was always displaying work of much higher quality than you'd see on the frontpage of Deviantart, Artstation or CA.org. That's what I always loved about cghub, to just f5 the front page and find amazing new artists who I've never heard of before without having to wade through an ocean of shit to find them. Especially chinese artists who usually only post on their weird blogs.
>>
How neat is that.
>>
>>2249753

forums please!!! yes now i can whine infront of actual professionals about how shit everything is and how fucked artists are and always will be and they can all reply like

Oh no man, not me, I'm doing fantastic. I'm so unbelievably incredibly busy, jesus christ am I busy! I'm drowning in work, listen everyone how busy I am!!! I'm doing amazing guys! Everyone got that??? YES??? What you guys are even busier???? OH HELL NO I'M WAY MORE BUSY!!! Check out how active I am on social media! everyone has to know how busy I am that's why I post it on 12 different social media channels every 8 minutes. PLEASEHIREMEI'MACTUALLYBEHINDONMYMORGAGE

Yeah, fuck this 'industry'
>>
>>2249792
you've got issues, man.
>>
Looks promising. Got my name before it gets taken in case it becomes popular.
>>
>>2249753
>>2249775
artstations great tho
>>
>>2249792
link to the forum is at the top
>>
>>2249775
> find amazing new artists who I've never heard of before
Not that guy you're replying to, but both on cghub and artstation I kept/keep clicking on the same say 30 artists again and again. I stopped finding "new amazing artists" after a few month of browsing it. Same with artstation now.
Also CGhub gold awards were a joke with animu fanart and shit.
>>
>>2250023
This, after awhile you see the same people over and over again. It's definitely not a constant influx of new amazeballs people day after day. I mean christ 50% of that page is Rigneys stuff. (not literally)

>>2249763
Why would you want something that shows all the shit tier people? Like it or not if you want to make it in the games/entertainment industry and have any level of career longevity you need to be working your ass off to get as good as these guys, not stay on the DA shit tier. You need to be seeing this sort of work all the time to see where the top pros are going and what sort of basic styles and levels of finish are in demand, not ignoring it and pretending it's not there.
>>
>>2249812
it doesn't have a forum
>>
>>2250330
It's called the Anti-FengZhou technique
>>
>>2250330
I'm inclined to believe that's actually a good thing in this day and age. Everyone's pining for the glory days of CA.org, but they don't seem to get that was a long time ago, with a much smaller and more insular community, at a time when you could still give serious critique without DA/Tumbler toddlers and raging Dunning-Kruger egomaniacs crying that you're being mean to them.

I think you're honestly better off just getting a small circle of art buddies, 3-5 people you get along with, and having private hangouts, Skype sessions, etc to support and critique each other.
>>
>>2249759
Looks about the same to me too. Practically the same layout design. these websites are essentially a cool kids club
>>
>>2249753
i love the channels option
>>
>>2250341
>DA/Tumbler toddlers and raging Dunning-Kruger egomaniacs crying that you're being mean to them.

I'm reminded of snapesnogger, thanks for the amusing memory anon.
>>
>>2250023
I don't remember any bad animu art on cghub to be honest. Only fairly good ones and Kronprinz.
>>
File: website analytics comparsion.png (328 KB, 1477x3252) Image search: [Google]
website analytics comparsion.png
328 KB, 1477x3252
I'll admit from outside this looks promising.

However what you really want (besides the front page rubbing it in the hugboxy faggots' face how much they suck and need to improve) is a quality forum/other means of communication with fellow users. Any reviews on that part?

Also, I'm picking up some weird vibes from cg+ stats. Could this be astroturfed or was the domain bought and repurposed lately? And if it had old steady torrent of views as an Ukrainian website before changing hands why aren't solid numbers documented? I guess they might be disabled (which doesn't tell us anything) or they're recent enough that the machine didn't count them yet.

Look at this 2 hours in mspaint masterpiece to see what I'm talking about. I'm not a webdev or anything, but it's interesting.
>>
>>2250649

how the fuck is artstation rank 6,304 in the world? there's absolutely no way that that's accurate.
>>
>>2250649
Artstation as expected has great polish photobashers traffic and chinese demigods.
Drawcrowd's 16% of indian visitors sound fishy too though.
>>
>>2250664
>Artstation as expected has great polish photobashers traffic and chinese demigods.

That made me kek.
>>
artstation is the best, prove me wrong
>>
>>2250670
it has no forum
>>
>>2250649
cgplus is made by the same web developers who made cghub, and they are based in ukraine.
>>
>>2250939

Could someone relay me the story of how cghub went to shit? Were any of these guys responsible?

Never paid attention to this stuff untill now.
>>
>>2251029
the fact is that noone knows except the guy who owned cghub. these guys were just the developers, they had no power over anything. the owner just took the site down and basically said that it's not coming back and he's never gonna tell people why.

>No more CGHUB.

>Sad day. Project CGHUB is officially closed.

>The reason behind this extremely tough decision is personal and will remain private. It’s absolutely not connected with business or any kind of technical difficulties.
>>
>>2251037

Wasn't there some forum drama and vigorous "moderation" beforehand?

I recall people saying years ago cghub lost it's way.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.