[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me how to draw don't give me any of that Loomis bullshit,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1444184081965.jpg (71 KB, 371x426) Image search: [Google]
1444184081965.jpg
71 KB, 371x426
tell me how to draw

don't give me any of that Loomis bullshit, I want the truth

you can play dumb all you want but I know you can't keep your secrets forever
>>
1. Get a pencil and paper

2. After having selected a subject, begin making marks on the paper using your pencil.

3. Continue making marks on the paper until the marks resemble the chosen subject.

4. Repeat until the desired results are achieved. Refresh the materials whenever needed.

Congratulations: you are drawing!
>>
>>2248826
>don't give me any of that Loomis bullshit, I want the truth

The truth of the matter is that you need more Loomis.
>>
>>2248830
This
>>
>>2248826
There's no other way.
Read all the Loomis books and don't forget to do the exercises.
>>
>>2248830

this is the best possible answer
>>
paging anti-loomis ranger !!
>>
see with your eyes...

not your dick
>>
>>2249037
You're never going to make it.
>>
>>2249037
i believe in you as opposed to the other anon
>>
>>2248830
This guy nailed it.

There's isn't any trick or secret to drawing. Practice making pretty marks on paper.
>>
>>2248830
I think the problem with most beginners is that it actually takes effort to draw, but everyone just assumes it's the easiest shit in the world. So when they fail the first thing, they think it's impossible. Even failing a 50th time, you still need to keep at it.
>>
>>2249037

This

You draw with your dick.
>>
>>2249131
explains why all my drawings look like shit despite learning the tools. my arm('never the wrist, anon!') can't do all these lines and shapes
>>
All the time you spend looking for a shortcut is time you could spend practicing.

That is why you fail.
>>
i hear spending hours on 4chan really helps you draw better
>>
>>2249156
I just ran out of ink. What do?
>>
>>2248826

Do it and enjoy doing it, that's the only way.

Find something that piques your interest and just draw and keep drawing until you get bored of it, and when you get bored of it find more to draw.
>>
>>2249725
If it's anything like a fountain pen, just dip the tip in ink and squeeze the bulb to fill the reservoir. Make sure not to use ink for dip pens such as metallic, gall or india ink as this will clog the nib.
>>
File: ss+(2015-09-16+at+09.45.48).jpg (40 KB, 397x679) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-09-16+at+09.45.48).jpg
40 KB, 397x679
>>2249770
>get a load a this guy, never refilled a dick before
>>
>>2248960
There are litarly no good artists that didn't read it?
shit
>>
>>2249869
That's right. There were no good artists before Loomis. His books are holy works.
Now go and draw balls for craniums!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.