[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are they worth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
I have these pendants I have been painting and I need to sell some to buy more supplies (the saga of the artist). But I have no idea how much to price them for or where would be best to sell them. I am in the US and open to ideas.
>>
The wave & mountain pendants you have on your instagram are better executed than this one OP, so maybe not the best example piece if you're looking to sell.

Your best bet is to look on Etsy to see how people price their charms & pendants, and price yourself accordingly 2bh
https://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=painted+pendant
Keep material costs in mind too, but don't do it so much as to where you undersell yourself.

Another thing is quality control. Don't just use a bunch of cheap ass craft paint on some shitty key ring and call it good to sell for example.
>>
Thank you for the advice. And thank you for the link. This will help quite a bit.

As to which of my pendants are better then others, that just goes to show how varied people's tastes can be. I thought this was the best, and I am my own worst critic. But that just means I need to broaden my horizons and paint different things if I want to attract a wide audience, I guess.
>>
>>2598564
desu it's just the clouds that really throw off the overall pendant; seems to be that they are more pronounced and popping off the object. The cliffs are actually the best part of that BECAUSE of that 3D aspect, so maybe it has to do with the opacity of the clouds? The sun also has its issues, but minor ones regarding blending out. OP do you do "thumbnails" (sketching out small images) on canvas/paper before you attempt to paint on the metal?

Painting small scale on actual objects is a hassle, so best of luck with this if you keep doing these for money.
>>
File: Dear lord.jpg (76 KB, 642x720) Image search: [Google]
Dear lord.jpg
76 KB, 642x720
>>2598321
> those nails
>>
That makes alot of sense. To be honest, all of my art is a result of my attempting to pull off several other things and failing repeatedly till something semi-interesting comes out. They will all be encased in resin eventually too.

As for my nails.. yeah... they are a little ridiculous right now. and desperately need to be repainted >.>
>>
Dont be a pussy op rack your art supplies like me
>>
/cgl/'s Artist Alley or Question threads are probably more helpful for this. They talk about and do a lot more merch than /ic/ does.
>>
ok, coo. I will check there as well :)
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.