[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you draw lines flat accross the face of a cube in 2 point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: vand.jpg (15 KB, 335x258) Image search: [Google]
vand.jpg
15 KB, 335x258
If you draw lines flat accross the face of a cube in 2 point perspective, how do you know what angles to draw them?
>>
>>2292797
Horizontal lines you draw on the faces of cubes, granted that you wish them to appear parallel to the horizontal edges should be treated the same way as the edges. The lines to the left of the forefront vertical edge should point to the left vanishing point, the right ones to the right vanishing point. The exact angles are to be determined by the distance between the two points and the placement of the cube between them. If you're looking for an equation to calculate this before putting pencil to paper, you ought to ask a nerdier board.
>>
>>2292803
It's art related though
>>
>>2292797

Nice pic, Vilppu was quite handsome in his youth
>>
>>2292813
>Vilppu
Is this bait? I hope so.
>>
>>2292801
I-I don't get it
>>
>>2292797
All parallel lines vanish to the same vanishing point. If the lines on your cube are parallel with the edges on your cube, they will vanish to your two VPs. If they're vertical (as in 2pt perspective has not vertical VP) then they don't vanish at all. Anything else vanishes to an inclined VP.
>>
>>2292797
This has all the answers about perspective, period
http://www.handprint.com/HP/WCL/tech10.html
>>
>>2292797
who is this fag and why should i care about him
>>
>>2292797
wow enzo
>>
>>2294799

It's Loomis son Jonathan Loomis who unfortunately died young in a tragic auto accident. The still image is from a rare vhs copy of a lecture he held at art center in the 80's just weeks before the accident. A young Craig Mullins can be seen in the audience taking notes
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.