[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a tutorial for this particular style of coloring? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: P07889901.jpg (621 KB, 1200x1745) Image search: [Google]
P07889901.jpg
621 KB, 1200x1745
Is there a tutorial for this particular style of coloring? I swear this method is still a huge mystery for me.
>>
>>2546960

What do you mean? This illustration is very good use of lighting and volumes with a color palette limited to red side of color wheel (with occasional yellows and violets).

What is worth noting is that artist uses light everywhere: you have not only direct lighting on arms but also reflected one from bedsheets, you have light enhancing volumes on the face and even fucking mirror in the back.

It takes skill and quite a lot of it. I don't think you can see any tutorial that teaches you all of that except books on color and painting like Gurney one with velociraptor on the cover.
>>
>>2546960
holy fuck MY DIIIICCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
Sparse use of black in the figure. All the colors are warm. Limited palette of select colors inbetween yellow and a warm violet from a color wheel standpoint.

If you are working digitally you can probably get a similar effect by using a few color overlays.
>>
>>2546973
>>2547019
Warm palettes and Gurney, back to the research board then. Thanks for the tips, lads.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.