[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone Can Learn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /i/ - Oekaki

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: IsItPossible.jpg (219 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IsItPossible.jpg
219 KB, 1600x1200
I cannot draw a stick figure that doesn't look lopsided and ruined. I have NO skill. Zero.

I hear from everyone who CAN make decent art that it's "just a matter of practice" and that "everyone can learn."

Is that REALLY true? Or is this a lie that people who are talented tell people who are not?
>>
File: 1454131681860.jpg (117 KB, 531x788) Image search: [Google]
1454131681860.jpg
117 KB, 531x788
>>466607
i still draw like shit compared to others here but i always keep trying. i recently started drawing on a tablet, and man, do i suck at it.
i'll link you some of my attempts at digital.
>>466530
>>466453
>>466537
>>
>>466609
in conclusion yes you can improve with practice
>>
>>466609
You're saying you draw like shit but post examples of a thousand times better than a lopsided stick figure?

Gah! You are an artist, and my suspicion that non-artists can't really find a place to begin if THAT is where you're beginning.
>>
>>466610
How does someone even begin? Assuming I'm starting from zero, where I can't actually draw anything including a straight line or a decently curved line... what do?
>>
File: 2531978-starfy10.jpg (34 KB, 521x252) Image search: [Google]
2531978-starfy10.jpg
34 KB, 521x252
>>466618
the easiest place to start is with simple shapes and characters. for example, characters like kirby, starlow, starfy. basically start with characters with simple shapes that can easily be done. then just keep practicing with different angles and positions. once you get used to drawing the characters and shapes, try doing them by memory, and once you get the hang of it. this is all coming from my former Drawing 1 class teacher from college.
>>
>>466619
wow for some reason part of the last sentence went missing
adding to the last part, it was supposed to say to start drawing more detailed shapes like rocks and try drawing household objects like chairs, books, bottles etc.
>>
>>466609
>that last one
Teach me baby
>>
File: ze eel.png (172 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
ze eel.png
172 KB, 1024x1024
>>466657
>>
>>466607

It's a matter of LOOKING and SEEING what you're looking at, not using your memory to draw something... use scrap, or Google images, or your own photos or magazines or whatever as reference. Sometimes you can actually build a little model out of a shoebox or whatever to check out how a scene might look. Buy a "manequin", one of those wooden human models you can bend as necessary to check out a pose. Use references... and practice a lot.
>>
>>466676
imo the wooden models arent worth getting unless the have magnetic appendages. the cheap ones have a sping for each appendage and they dont bend that far like a realistic human figure. sometimes i even use those Figma brand figures. they bend a lot better than wooden mannequins. this is coming from someone who owns 2 mannequins and a wooden hand
>>
>>466678
>wooden hand
Your country's healthcare must really suck.
>>
>>466710
The country I used to live, very.

Now, I don't even know. Havent been to a hospital in around 2 and a half years.
>>
>>466618
/ic/ has some nice resources in their sticky.

But generally, practice, practice, practice and more practice.
>>
>>466663
That confused eel is a cutie.
>>
>>466607
Here's /ic/'s guide: http://hubpages.com/art/how-to-draw-learn

and here are some free books: http://alexhays.com/loomis/
>>
File: 1455934090242-977866429.jpg (597 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1455934090242-977866429.jpg
597 KB, 2048x1152
>>466607
Just draw weird shit for fun thats what i do
>>
>>466757
>>
>>466607
>draw shitty animu pictures in notebook
>have qt girls doing commentary on the notes I was taking in class
>do this for many years from middle school through to the end of college
>actually harder to learn now since I have disgustingly bad drawing habits from it
JUST
>>
>>466963
I know this feel.

>be me
>be into cars
>start drawing cars at a pretty young age
>draw out from a single point/line instead of plotting out the general shape first
>do this with literally everything now
Took some serious effort to get rid of that habit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.