[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I add to this Kaiju to make him more interesting? Only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /i/ - Oekaki

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 6
File: Kunisaurus.png (16 KB, 1095x549) Image search: [Google]
Kunisaurus.png
16 KB, 1095x549
What can I add to this Kaiju to make him more interesting?

Only biological additions, no mech or tech stuff plz
>>
File: barney.png (8 KB, 498x309) Image search: [Google]
barney.png
8 KB, 498x309
>the will to not skip arm day
>fur coat around the neck
>spooky eyes
>some unnecessary but really cool details

basically make it more like an actual monster rather than fucking barney
>>
File: Kunisaurus-Revised.png (20 KB, 945x549) Image search: [Google]
Kunisaurus-Revised.png
20 KB, 945x549
>>459284
Super sand

this one was okay

need other ideas
>>
File: 1446688581295s.jpg (10 KB, 250x125) Image search: [Google]
1446688581295s.jpg
10 KB, 250x125
>>459282
this.
>>
>>459288
You still got it wrong.

If you want it to look like an actual "kaiju", you have to lose the big tumors behind the eyes and make the head more natural to suit them. Also, the arms still look like noodles. Try making the lines more curvy rather than straight when you make the biceps.
>>
File: KAIJU.png (188 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
KAIJU.png
188 KB, 700x700
Make the eyes/face small and expressive. They are where the audience's eyes will be drawn to, if they are focused onto a smaller area, the kaiju will seem even larger.

Arms should be bulkier, but bulk comes at a price. They need to be big enough to carry their own weight, but not so big that they're too heavy to lift.

Gravity is also why a posture change is in order. Like Godzilla, a triangular shape is ideal, with very large legs can can carry all that weight. The base of the character is large, the top is small, so it doesn't have to fight gravity to balance. A slouching or t-rex shaped kaiju will find it incredibly difficult to move without falling over. You might argue the tail should be larger to act as a counter-balance, but that's just more unnecessary weight.

Added details are nice, but should be conservative and hug the body as much as possible, again for weight issues. I added weird alien tubes down the back, and some armor-like exoskeleton onto the torso. I also added a 'beard' of rocky tumors to the face, to give it a fierce look.

Also down the side of the creature, I added multiple sets of gills to the torso. A creature this size would need to take in incredible amounts of oxygen to function (assuming this is in earth's atmosphere, and it breathed oxygen.
>>
File: 1446688581295.png (23 KB, 1095x549) Image search: [Google]
1446688581295.png
23 KB, 1095x549
I know you said no accessories but consider giving him a hat.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.