[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to say, the most depressing thing about my art, aside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /i/ - Oekaki

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
I have to say, the most depressing thing about my art, aside from it being terrible, is just how nobody cares enough to actually critique it. I could take compliments even insults and critique, but nothing bums me out more than when people just don't care at all.
>>
Post it. I'll critique you.
>>
File: 2312312312.jpg (325 KB, 1729x1889) Image search: [Google]
2312312312.jpg
325 KB, 1729x1889
>>456286
You don't make art for critics or attention: you do it because you want to see Louise Belcher and Millie Frock conjoined and laugh I mean..fun
>>
File: IMG_20151004_100234.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151004_100234.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
Well, heres a more recent sketch I did
>>
>>456286
Go on /ic/ then?
>>
>>456312
That's actually pretty good.
>>
File: IMG_20151004_100315.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151004_100315.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
Another one
>>
>>456312
>>456347
I see what you're doing wrong now.
You're not drawing girls with big titties and ass.
>>
>>456348
I often give myself the same talk. That's why I say I'm not that great.
>>
Well here's a tip.

The drawing itself is not enough if it has no purpose other than existing.
>>
>>456354
That kinda takes the wind out of my sails, but its pretty good advice nonetheless.
>>
>>456354
This.

I am also a beginner and not a single person ever commented on my stuff yet.

My problem is, on top of getting things wrong, I simply don't draw anything interesting. I don't draw a scene, or a story, I draw some figure or some object.

Nobody cares about seeing a figure or an object in 2015, with the internet.

That's about it.
>>
Go to /ic/ but youre probably bargaining more than you asked for.
>>
>>456312
>>456347

those are sketches, don't go to /ic/ for a critique, not many of them is going to be honest, they're kind of dicks. then there are the ones that will tell you to study loomis (something you should totally do, for fun)

i like cartoons, what i realised is that the most you practice anatomy and drawing from life, the easier is to design your own original characters, and even develop a style. from your drawings it looks like you invest time on your stuff, work on that.

again don't go to /ic/ for a critique on sketches, it's just a downer. and stop seeking attention.
>>
>>456377
Noted. Haven't been here long and didn't know the protocol.
>>
>>456347
I like the shading you've done on the face, but the fact that you haven't done it anywhere else means it looks out of place - kinda like the dude's head isn't really attached to his body. I mean, this is way better than anything i could do, but it's just my thoughts. Also, the arm on the left looks a bit weird, specifically the folds on the inside of his elbow. It looks like his upper arm is in front, but his forearm is pointing forwards, which doesn't make sense.
>>
>>456286>>456347
>>456312
You're not making an animation so put more detail and shadows.
>>
File: tegaki.png (5 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
5 KB, 400x400
>>456377
/ic/ is probably the most honest board that exists. Without it everybody could be a special little snowflake and I don't want to live in a world like that. Rate my finger.
>>
>>456286
I like your sketches OP. Keep at it and post some more another time I wouldn't mind seeing more.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.