[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paris Catacombs Map - 14th District
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /hr/ - High Resolution

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: PLAN DU 14 COMPLET EN COULEUR.png (4 MB, 4650x7233) Image search: [Google]
PLAN DU 14 COMPLET EN COULEUR.png
4 MB, 4650x7233
Have this file (well, the .IFF version) since the 1st of March 1996, apparently.

Things may have changed since then.
>>
>>2657850
This is in the adult section for a reason, kid.
>>
>>2657856

Nobody complains about cars, planes, sci-fi ...etc...

Fuck off ... kid
>>
My oh my, where did you find this?
>>
>>2657893
Can't really remember...

Could be from binary news I used to browse an download from

or

LAN parties with some friends ... we used to have open shares and just browse, pick and drop files when we met.
>>
>>2657896
Okay... (Only raises further questions, but nevermind).

Don't suppose you have an english version?
>>
>>2657909

The source is unknown.
But looking at the bottom right corner it says revision 1.2 updated on the 23rd November 1996. Strange the file details tell me 1st of march... may be my PC at the time was with the wrong date/time.

Also, it seems to cover the 5th, 6th and 14th districts.

Produced by "La Fouine" ... The Weasel

No english version but here are a few accronyms.

PTT (Poste & Telecomunication) = Post boxes or Telecom boxes (used to be yellow could be grey)

RER is the Regional Train lines that are also underground when in paris

Trappe = Hatch
Puits = Wells
Escalier = Stairs
Echellons = Step Ladders

I'd recommend using street view and see if you can spot some accesses (cars may block the view)

Google translate should be good enough

I'd suspect may entrances may be sealed as they are dangerous places to go and given all the heighten security these days.
>>
>>2657931
Curiouser and curiouser. I heard that some parts of the catacombs have been around since like Roman times, looking at this I can believe it.

Does anyone live in this place?
>>
>>2657934
No just old tunnels and bone storage
Don't know if dating back to roman times but French revolution for sure

People try to explore, it's forbidden and dangerous
>>
>>2658005
Sounds scary as fuck. No wonder I first heard about reading WWZ.

Wait, why do they store bones in it?
>>
>>2658010
Cemetery overflow a couple hundred years ago
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris

you can visit legally small part of it

that map is non-public tunnels
>>
>>2658049
Yeah, the various skulls and crossbones told me as much.

Did it all just build up over time? Looks like three different generations have added to this at least.
>>
Actually, the underground of Paris is full of holes, some of them dating back from the Roman era. Catacombes, sewers, subway tunnels, electricity and gas tunnel accesses, plus some connecting building basements. All of it constructed and dug during the last two millenias.
>>
Love
......... is kinda crazy
with a
........... spooky little girl like you. >>2657934
>>
>>2657850
Holy fuck, makes me realize just how much of a cheese I live over...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.