[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm fascinated by this event https://en.wikipedia.org/w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I'm fascinated by this event https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_of_the_Romanov_family

Could you show me some books on the matter? Feel free to discuss it among yourself.
>>
>>997921
It's basically the final result of Bernie Sanders philosophy.
>>
Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie
The Romanovs: the Final Chapter by Robert K. Massie
The Last Tsar: The Life and Death
The Resurrection of the Romanovs: Anastasia, Anna Anderson and the World's Greatest Mystery

Or if you're interested in the people themselves, Helen Azar has published several translations of most of the daughter's diaries, or rather the volumes that they didn't burn. Helen Rappaport has a new book called The Romanov Sisters but I'm not wild about some of her interpretations.
>>
>>997921
Should happen to his cousins in the UK and to all royal families in the world as well.
>>
>>999710
The two families are related? That's interesting.
>>
>>999710
This desu famalam
>>
>>999710
here's your (You) mr. edge
>>
>>999715
Interestingly they used Prince Philip's DNA to check if some Romanov pretenders were legit.
>>
Nicky kind of deserved to be dethroned but killing was totally a dick move from commies.
>>
>>999715
>The two families are related? That's interesting.

Every European royal family is the same family since they've married mostly each other for centuries. They are as inbred as an uncontacted tribe and have no particular genetic connection with the countries they variously rule over.
>>
>>999747
>implying they wouldn't have been used as figureheads by any opposing movement.
Hell, their descendants would be bitching about losing their place to this very day.
>>
>>999710
Always
>>
>>999779
>implying they wouldn't have been used as figureheads by any opposing movement.

Other members of the Romanov family survived. They weren't used as figureheads for any opposing movement.

The daughters and Alexandra had no claim to the Russian throne, and would have to jump through a lot of hoops in order to be considered heirs themselves or even for their children to be considered heirs. No opposing movement would have used them as a figurehead without one of them being a secure claim to the Russian throne, due to the necessity of having the support of local populations in any sort of movement to retake Russia under a monarchy. Think about the crowning Jane Grey, named in Edward's succession--yeah she was technically given the right by the current king, but the people didn't care that she was suddenly named heir, they cared that Henry VIII's daughter(s) were the first heirs, according to law.
>>
>>999810
Why wouldn't the royal family have right to the throne?
>>
>>999834
After Catherine the Great, the Russian secession laws were changed. The new laws made it very difficult for women to be considered a contender to the throne in their own right. For example, in order for Nicholas' oldest daughter to be considered an heir, all the legitimate male members of the family would have to be dead (so in this case, not just Nicholas and Alexei but uncles, cousins, nephews, etc, a good chunk of whom escaped Russia).

Male children of women could be considered heirs, but there was criteria for that as well. In order for any male children of the daughters to be considered heirs, they would have to marry a royal of an equivalent rank. So let's say they married a count, which is socially below a grand duchess, and had a son--that son would not be considered eligible for the Russian throne due to the unequal rank. Also the emperor's consort could not inherit the throne even if the criteria of all the male members being dead was met, so Alexandra would not be eligible.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.