[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does people still consider George Orwell an anti-authoritarian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: orwell3.jpg (63 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
orwell3.jpg
63 KB, 615x409
Why does people still consider George Orwell an anti-authoritarian and anti-totalitarian leader when he only criticized the Soviet Union because they persecuted fellow leftists in the late 1930s? I mean, he was silent during forced collectivization and dekulakization, when millions of innocent people were sent to gulags or shot, but once Stalin turned against the perpretators of such crimes during the Great Purge, suddenly he spoke out against the authoritarianism of the Soviet Union?

Also, he was ok with the POUM and Spanish anarchists shooting Catholics, the bourgeoisie and other "class enemies". It seens like the "anti-authoritarian left" is only anti-authoritarian when the authoritarianism of leftist regimes are directed against left-wing victims. People like George Orwell never cared when innocent kulaks and priests are murdered, so he shouldn't be a symbol of anti-authoritarianism.
>>
His views changed over time, he didn't believe in keeping a static opinion, open minded i guess. He wasnt actually very old either.
>>
>>993578
Did he ever criticized dekulakization, though? I don't remember a single left-wing intellectual who did it.
>>
> It seens like the "anti-authoritarian left" is only anti-authoritarian when the authoritarianism of leftist regimes are directed against left-wing victims.
Well, yeah. That's what makes them left-wing.
>>
>>993590
/thread
>>
>>993588
They did, in that it wasn't going fast enough, which is the only legitimate criticism.
>>
>>993571

>Also, he was ok with the POUM and Spanish anarchists shooting Catholics, the bourgeoisie and other "class enemies".

Only if you are a completely classcucked liberal would you think this is in any shape or form wrong, or even worse a Catholic pedo lover.
>>
>>993615
>>993625
Typical bloodthirsty leftists.
>>
>>993571Just passing by to remind people that anarcho-communism is an oxymoron.
>>
>>993643

If you are an illiterate moron
>>
>>993643
I don't think you know what communism is.
>>
>>993643
t. clapper
>>
>>993650
>i-it's possible for the means of production to be owned by the w-workers, I swear!
>>
>>993629
>please no bully )':

yet you never ever complain at the privileges of the parasites being perpetually held in place by force.

Get pinched you flea.
>>
File: 1460408433316.jpg (126 KB, 770x504) Image search: [Google]
1460408433316.jpg
126 KB, 770x504
>>993662

>My boss has the god given right to the means of production, we cant trust that to us mere plebs!
>>
>>993625
>>993696
>>>/leftypol/
>>
>>993645
>>993650
>Councils are a select group of people deciding in the name of everybody but somehow they are not a state.
>Militias enforce communism on everybody by... well, you guessed it... force, but somehow that's still anarchism.
>If you are a rightist or perceived rightist, a catholic or want to have property, you can get shot or get your property taken away by the sta..., I mean councils, but somehow it's all a democratic utopia and a wonderful example of anarchism.
>>993659
What's a clapper?
>>
>>993803
>select group of people
Lost me there, me lad.
>>
>>993811
I meant select as in few.
>>
>>993571
I'm pretty sure in Homage to Catalonia he goes on about how its horrible that theyre shooting priests and such
>>
>>993696
The only thing I'm complaining about in this thread is why people like George Orwell (and you) get recognition as "anti-authoritarian".
>>
>>993705
Am I talking about 'white privilege'? No, fuckwit, I'm talk about the distinct legal privilege they have to make you do what ever the fuck they want and you don't for 8 hours a day because you have perverted classcuck fantasies about the infinitesimal chance you might have of doing the to some other asshole in afterli-i mean future.

But whatever, slut, keep biting the towel and daddy will reward you one day.
>>
File: blairletter.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1315) Image search: [Google]
blairletter.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1315
>>
>>993859

Why wouldn´t he?

Fighting authoritarians seems pretty anti-authoritarian to me.
>>
>>993787
>NOT THE MOXY
>>
If your only argument for Orwell being an authoritarian is "he didn't criticize x openly," I remain unconvinced.
>>
>>993859
>Orwell (and you)
What? I don't agree with Orwell. Read again, I debunked Orwell's "muh communism is not authoritarian" bullshit.
>>
File: cam faggot.jpg (40 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
cam faggot.jpg
40 KB, 480x640
>>993696
>privileges
>>
>>993787
>>993705
>I don't know what big business subsidies are, how they arrived from markets cooperating to influence federal government, and why they're bad for right-wing free market ideology.
>>
>>993950
>federal

Ameriblob pls go
>>
>>993893
>>993912
Have a reserve army of poorfags who have to be kept desperate enough to do whatever you want by the price of commodities which you also control is, yes, a privilege, and one which in all probability you never have in your lifetime but don't let that stop you from your noble path of self-sacrifice to preserve it for those that do :^)
>>
>>993696

privileges like "owning things" and "not being sent to a work camp" and "staying alive"
>>
>>993762
>all people are just as qualified to own the means of production
WEW
>>
>>993980

Thats why we would own them in common silly, so no single retard can control them privately.
>>
>>993954
quality counterpoint
>>
>>994004
>a large amount of unqualified people is better than one very qualified person
LAD
>>
>>993976
...and work camps are where grain speculators who exert power over the prices for everyone else through their hoarding belong.
>>
>>993880
>communists calling other people utopian
You shits have absolutely no self-awareness, I swear.
>>
>>994012

>Me and my co-workers cant possibly run this business we operate every single day without some parasites skimming of the profits

>My boss is rich, therefore he is smart.

A true classcuck
>>
>>994035
If "me and my co-workers" are burger flippers than absolutely not, faggot. And that "parasite" manages and directs the company. Never even implied that richness equals smartness either, but it's definitely ideal that my bosses are smarter than me.

Keep believing that all people are equal though, it's cute.
>>
>having a boss is horrible i can complain to the government about if he gets abusive is horrible and oppressive
>having a worker's council representative supervising me against whom i can't say anything because he is a representative of the worker's federation and besides it's socially unacceptable to do anything about this anyway is true freedom

And communists call other people cucks. They really think that if you remove all social barriers you will have an horizontal society, instead of just getting the most charismatic at the top again.

I would rather have a nerdy boss who is in position only because he is the son of the company owner and who can't do anything than a charismatic "worker's representative" who is also ruthless
>>
>>994035
>I know, entry level manual laborers will run everything
>clearly administration and management is just a scam, which is why corporations spend a huge amount of their own profits on administration and management
>put this philosophy into practice
>new administrative caste emerges with significantly more arbitrary power
>>
>>994012
>everyone who owns the means of production is highly qualified
medium wew
>>
>>994743
>people who own the means of production are not on average significantly more qualified than the average menial worker
>>
>>993625
Yes, kill the Nuns who teach children how to read at the local Sunday school because "muh idealogy."

Don't whine when capitalists spearheaded by the U.S. kill you over that same idealogy :^)
>>
>>994076
It's hilarious how ignorant commies are about how economics works beyond their fantasies.
>Don't understand how corporate politics works beyond the absolute basics.
>Don't understand why profit matters in a business.
>Think that innovation magically exists via one person coming up with an idea with no resources or investment at their disposal.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.