[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ywn be a young idealist Leftist who goes to fight in Spain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: fack.png (79 KB, 229x274) Image search: [Google]
fack.png
79 KB, 229x274
>ywn be a young idealist Leftist who goes to fight in Spain for the Republicans
>>
>ywn be a old catholic Rightist who goes to fight in Spain for the Nationalists
>>
>>984918
iktf
But you can just go to Syria and fight with the Kurds or something if it's that big a deal.
>>
>>984950
I don't know if I've just read too much Hemingway but I have this very romantic view of the Spanish Civil War, don't have the same with Syria
>>
>Born too late to fight in Spain
>Born just in time to fight Islamists with the Kurds
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 1011x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 1011x482
>>984965
Both were shit.

But in one you get beheaded if you lose.
>>
>ywn grow increasingly disillusioned with both the Spanish people and leftism itself until a Stalinist falsely accuses you of collaborating with the fascists and shoots you
>>
>>984950
>But you can just go to Syria and fight with the Kurds or something if it's that big a deal.
Unless you're a vet, mercenary or you speak Kurmanje/Arabic you won't see any combat. You'll just be put on garrison duty somewhere shitty. Also IS are fucked so it doesn't really have the same impact. Yu'd basically just be roleplaying
>>
>>985017

but actually though, fuck stalin, he fucked over the republicans and if he hadnt gobbled eastern europe after the war, we might have had the leverage to force that goose stepper from power
>>
>>984918
If they didn't spend so much time with factionalism they would have put up a better fight.
>>
>>984950
Nah, they aren't taking any new recruits right now due to pressure from Iraq and Turkey, I tried to join up myself because iktf too

>>985027
This is not necessarily true. Some foreign recruits with no military experience have seen a lot of combat
>>
>>985381
Are they taking any volunteers with trade skills for building infrastructure?
>>
>>985381
>Some foreign recruits with no military experience have seen a lot of combat
If they joined back in 2014 when the YPG was in need of manpower. Nearly everyone who joined recently is doing garrison work or doing labour.
>>
>>985396
Yes actually, if you're still lurking look at the rojavaplan
http://rojavaplan.com/join.html These guys are not the fighters, but they needs killed people to make their experiment work

>>985420
Nope, there are some people that joined as recently as late 2015. I'm sure you're mostly right but it's not that cut and dry, and there's a large element of chance/ luck(?) involved aswell.
>>
>>985538
lol *skilled
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.