[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the end of the Great Wall of China Why didn't the Mongols
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
>the end of the Great Wall of China

Why didn't the Mongols just go around it?
>>
Mongols and Spics cant swim
>>
Probably more guards over there or something
>>
>>983231

Are you fucking autistic? You're no Alexander, that's for sure
>>
>>983246

its actualy a reasonable question
>>
The wall wasn't just a wall, it was an alert system. You know how in Mulan they light the tower fires to send a signal that the Huns are coming? That was a real thing they did, so even if the Mongols went around the wall at the beach the Chinese army would organize a force to get them, ruining the element of surprise.
>>
>>983252

No, it really isn't.
>>
>>983231
It's a choke point. Trying to get 40.000 horsemen around that while the enemy is trying their best to kill you isn't going to work.
>>
>>983231

How do you think that they conquered China retard?
>>
sure just get on a horse and ride that motherfucker around the wall, through the waves. Now do it ten thousand more times and include supplies, siege equipment, etc.

the mongols were obviously too lazy
>>
I don't think they could figure that out, after all it was more than two thousand years ago and they didn't have the technological advancement to think of that OP.
>>
>>983374
They were let in when a guard rebelled against the sitting emperor, who himself just rebelled against the imperial family and began looting all of China.
>>
I dont see any sand on the other side. Maybe its a mile out to sea
>>
>>983287
Yes it fucking is you fucking retarded PIECE OF SHIT.
>>
>>983231
Mongols confirmed as scairt of water niggas.
>>
>>983231
The wall never was intended to serve as a deterrent to large scale military invasions.
>>
>>983231

Might as well ask why they didnt just put two big planks at an angle against the wall on both sides, and ride right over.
>>
>>983461
You actually brought up a good point.
>>
Pretty sure Mongols didn't really have a navy until they conquered China
>>
Wow OP confirmed for retarded.
The wall had holes everywhere
>>
>>983246
That actually sounds like something Alexander would do
>>
>Why didn't the Mongols just go around it?
They didn't have to. I know I'll sound like old-school /pol/ but the gates were opened because of race mixing (mutts aren't loyal) and Jewry (=treachery).

Otherwise, the wall would have held.
>>
>>984062

what the fuck does jewry and jews have to do with it
>>
>>983231
Because they took the elevator dummy
>>
>>983454
This.
>>
>>983231
Because the wall wasn't to stop the Mongols. It was to stop them on their way back over, while they were tired and carrying plenty of loot to be recovered by the well prepared soldiers now manning the walls, having been warned about the raiders during the raid.
>>
>>984086
General treachery and corruption (perhaps bribes) as he said
>>
>>984212
So you be saying it was not a wall to keep them out, but to keep them in?

That's something different for a change at least.
>>
It was a wall meant to stop the frequent raiding parties, not a full-fledged invasion (much rarer).
>>
>>983231
the water is pretty cold. also sharks maybe.
>>
>>983231
bottleneck
>>
So the wall was pretty dumb, right?
>>
>>984465
don't tell that to /pol/ though
>>
>>984293
>RAIDING PARTY

face it, you heard it too
>>
>>984511
>/pol/
the mexican wall would be a GREAT idea if they were invading horse warriors
>>
>>984465
>>984532

Works for Israel
Worked in Berlin
Worked in NI

I am sorry, Jose, but you go to go
>>
>>984550
You're right the berlin wall was a great idea and everyone loved it.
>>
>>984566
it was a necessity to keep the mexicans out of west berlin
>>
The wall was mostly ramparts, it wasn't impenetrable by any means.
>>
> Steppe nomads
> building a navy capable of moving tens of thousands horse archers
>>
File: 1453484179288.png (172 KB, 432x391) Image search: [Google]
1453484179288.png
172 KB, 432x391
>>984638
>navy
i think OP meant just walk around the wall there, you silly goose
>>
>>983238
This. Water >>>>>>>>>>> mongols
>>
>>983434
>>983252
>>983246
Elevate yourselves, please.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.