[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
catholic england
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 0002324.jpg (111 KB, 640x463) Image search: [Google]
0002324.jpg
111 KB, 640x463
How would the world be different if henry viii never broke from the one church and abandoned his concubine Anne.
>>
Then James 2nd and Charles would have ruled England quicker
>>
Skip Anglicanism and go straight to Lutheranism, because they don't want to pay indulgences - which are basically taxes - to Rome, or even jumping on the Geneva bandwagon.

Puritans end in America regardless.

The only question is how much less frequently would the Brits kill one another.
>>
Sir Thomas more banned protestant books. So the heresy of Lutheranism would not take on hold in england. England would remain catholic, new england would be catholic.
>>
>>978619
>because they don't want to pay indulgences - which are basically taxes - to Rome
>Indulgences
don't you mean tithes?
>>
File: image.jpg (565 KB, 800x818) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
565 KB, 800x818
>>978619
>indulgences
>taxes
Get thee behind me Satan
>>
>>978707
>>978978
That's how Luther's sponsors viewed them anyway.

The Brits would have followed their example.
>>
That's incorrect. There was no major clerical corruption problem in england like what was present in continental Europe. England did not truly become Protestant until Elizabeth came to power and protestant anti catholic propaganda gave rise to Puritanism.
>>
File: 1460315742118.png (575 KB, 720x402) Image search: [Google]
1460315742118.png
575 KB, 720x402
>>978619
>Didn't want to pay indulgences
>>
>muh fayth alone
>muh scripture alone
>I'm my own religion
>whore of Babylon
>muh pope is Antichrist
>>
>>979057
It's the reason the nobles in Germany protected Martin "the Pope does well" Luther and ultimately converted to Lutheranism.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.