[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good non-biased books on Andalusia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
What are some good non-biased books on Andalusia?
>>
>>966630
"Dogs of War" by James Reston Jr...though its written in the style of a fictional story it uses actual sources. More of an entertaining read though
>>
>>966630
That looks pretty cool
>>
>>966630
http://pastebin.com/WzdNxB71
>>
bamp
>>
>>966630
Moorish Spain by Richard Fletcher.
>>
>>969322
what makes it good
>>
>>970521
Depends what you're looking for. It's non-biased, like OP asked for, and historically very literate, Fletcher is a fine historian of medieval Spain. It is concise, only a couple hundred pages or so if I remember right, and reads very well: Fletcher is a good author. It gives a solid outline of the history of the Muslims in Spain, though admittedly it is mostly a political history. Still, it's the standard intro text to the period for the outsider/newcomer to the period.
>>
>>966630

>non-biased

fucking stop it
>>
>>971660
Is it actually possible to produce a work of any complexity without bias? One can be self-aware of one's position but I think bias is inherent in any work.
>>
>>971786
Okay, well, of course. I meant it much more casually than that. It's a well-balanced, scholarly work. Obviously the dude has his biases, but they're not egregious and, in my judgment, they don't detract from the quality of the book.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.