[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
War crimes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 236x354
/his/
What army has commited the biggest number of war crimes in human history?
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 335x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 335x439
Ottoman army
>This is the only logical answer
>>
Either the Nazis or the Japanese

>inb4 butthurt /pol/tards start spamming Dresden pics
>>
>>964461
The Mongols then the Waffen SS in a very distant second
>>
>>964461
We talking war crimes that break conventions or just plain atrocities against civilians?
>>
>>964473
>not Mongols
>>
>>964485
How could the Mongols commit war crimes if there were no laws in place?
>>
>>964481
t. hans "slavcrusher" krebs
>>
>>964497
This. They were atrocities, but not war crimes
>>
>>964481
Yeah, that was their crime before the war. Their crimes during the war were numerous and include starting the war to begin with.
>>
File: 97880386.jpg (94 KB, 422x408) Image search: [Google]
97880386.jpg
94 KB, 422x408
IN BATTLE THERE IS NO LAW
>>
>>964491
>>964497
>>964501
Op here
By "war crimes" I mean attrocities commited against the Civilian population and prisoners, before and after there were war laws
>>
>>964497
Considering he said "in human history" I assumed he was using a loose definition but you bring up a good point.
>>
>>964461
Japanese imo. guess you could say nazi.

japs killed 8mil chinamen during ww2. Nazi gas chambers were brutal, but i'll go with the japs.

eat nukes bitch
>>
>>964535
>japs killed 8mil chinamen during ww2
nothing compared to the 27 million soviets killed desu
>>
>>964507
It was poland who started the war by attacking a german radio station on the border.
>>
>>964566
Even if the Gleiwitz incident was a legit attack by Poland, it would not have been justified for Germany to invade Poland and occupy it with the intention of colonization. A response is only just if it is proportional to the initial attack. Germany's war on Poland was criminal regardless of the cassus belli, and therefore the Allies were just in declaring war on Germany.
>>
the idea of war crimes is stupid
if you believe they are real then you should think war itself is a crime
>>
>>964619
You realize that waging a non-defensive war is considered a war crime, right?
>>
File: Danzig massacre of Poles.png (158 KB, 315x750) Image search: [Google]
Danzig massacre of Poles.png
158 KB, 315x750
>>964566
>It was poland who started the war by attacking a german radio station on the border.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarn%C3%B3w_rail_station_bomb_attack
We dindu nuffin. It was german dressed as a Pole.

Fuck germans, they always do this. Genocide is their tradition.
>>
>>964461
Ukraine and Germany
>>
>>964622
Its called the right of conquest, jews just got butthurt after ww2 and made it a crime

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_conquest
>>
>>964553
>thinking that half-retarded ruskie mongoloids getting thrown into a meat grinder makes the nazis worse than japs
>ignoring the the biological experiments japs did that were even worse than the nazis'
>>
>>964647
>jews just got butthurt after ww2 and made it a crime
>got butthurt after Germany was defeated
>made conquest illegal right before they got a state of their own through conquest leading to never ending international drama

???
>>
>>964719
And today anon learns not to trust the jews
>>
File: typical kraut.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
typical kraut.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>964566
>It was poland who started the war by attacking a german radio station on the border.
>>
>>964461
> war
> crime
>>
>>964719
Jews =/= the nation of Israel m8
>>
>>964726
I learned that /pol/fag ideas are not internally consistent.
>>
>>964742
>ad hominem
try again
>>
>Implying there is such a thing as "crime" in war

>Implying War Crime isnt a paradox
>>
>>964783
I am a scottish catholic oil rig worker m8. Stop trying to meme your way out of the accusation.
>>
>>964481
Someone explain this source to me.
>>
>>964829
I am. You cling to ad hominem and memes like a man lost at sea. Quick frantically scrolls through your "Jews cause all the problems in the world" folder for more memes to disprove me.
>>
>>964884
Cmon mate let's discuss What's fallacious about it? You said I was Jewish. I am not. Thats all there is to it.
>>
>>964461
ff I had to guess I'd say Mongols. The shit they did not even the Nazis tried. And unlike the Nazis Mongols got away with it, for several CENTURIES. They spent three days just murdering some million people in Baghdad, they're burn, pillage and depopulate entire regions, they'd kill everyone in a village or a city on a whim or slightest whiff of disobedience. They were insane. Directly or indirectly they caused the deaths of tens of millions of people, up to 60 million people (Chinese census before the establishment of Yuan dynasty counted 120 million people while the first census after counted 60 million people, but it's unknown how many immigrated and how many were missed because of substantially worse bureaucracy.

Other than them, Arabs, definitely, the Nazis, Americans (Hitler based his extermination of Slavs and Germanic expansion east on American expansion west at the expense of Natives).

Spanish weren't even that terrible, they did genocide something like 90% of the population of Central and South America and pretty much 100% of the native population of the islands but they didn't actually mean to. They needed workers, the last thing they wanted to do was genocide workers. The whole slavery was basically their attempt to fix the labor shortage in the New World.
>>
>>964927
You have never addressed the point I made which remains that the actions of a political nation is not representative of a ethnic/religious group.
How am I asserting my identity? I never mentioned it until you made a false accusation. It makes me think that you realise you cannot argue with the point I am making and are attempting to muddy the water. (should I sign off with a edgy word to add some impact to my point like you do?)
>>
>>964969
>placing Americans above Spanish

shit taste, desu
>>
>>964504
This.

>I will murder you, but I will murder you according to a code of chivalry :^)

They are still dead in the end.
>>
>>965019
Is war crimes not about drawing a line between professional soliders killing other professional soliders who both have the option of surrender and the rape and murder of unarmed non combatants?
>>
>>964829

fucking leave, /his/ doesnt want your shit
>>
>>964884
>>964896

>he can't even spell the name right.

Litterally fucking maymays.
>>
>>965055
are there specific provisions for jewish people in racial surveys?
>>
>>965055
That is not what I am saying at all. I am saying for example the crimes of the nazi state cannot be used to hate all German people. Of course all nazis In Germany were Germans but that does not mean all Germans are nazis.
>>
>>965055
And please stop with jidf meme. If I try to prove who I am you will criticise me for making an argument for authority if I don't you will claim I am a jidf stooge.
>>
>>965081
>the crimes of the nazi state cannot be used to hate all German people
And yet they were. Indeed, the Germans still labor under the yoke of their Nazi past. Wasn't it just a few years ago that Greece demanded more reparations to pay for their collapsing economy? How many German women were raped by Soviet apes? Even in allied controlled areas, summary executions were not uncommon.
>>
>>965085
Yes. That's what we call check mate.
>>
>>965096
yes, thats what happens when you start a giant fucking war based on your delusions of racial superiority your retarded /pol/ack. You get your shit stomped in hard.
>>965099
the only thing worthwhile about this post was the dubs.
>>
>>965074
"Other".

That's not to say the categories of "White", "Black", "Hispanic", "Asian", etc, aren't just retarded sociologist political dribble of course, so the point is moot, the survey is inherently flawed, but still.
>>
>>>>965096
Please carry that logic on to Jewish. "Jewish people still live under the yoke of crimes of the Jewish state. How many Jews have been killed by terrorists as a result of these this"
If you think it is unjust that Germans have been badly treated (I agree that those examples you have provided are unjust) as "payback" for the actions of there nation state then surely you would agree no ethnic or religious group should be victimised as a result of the actions of their nation?
>>
>>965108
>You can't blame all Jews because Israel does bad things
>Every German is responsible for the bad things the Nazi government did
Do you not see the flaw in your beliefs, or are you meming?
>>
>>965099
I make a point. You ignore it. You post a meme and make a ad hominem attack. The point remains. How is this check mate?
>>
>>965134

>comparing a religion/ethnicity scattered across many nations around the globe, to citizens of a specific country
>>
>>964581
The greatest war crime of all time was indiscriminate civilian bombings and executions of unarmed men and women not just in Germany, but throughout Europe. Its was especially common with surrendering wehrmacht or SS units and japanese soldiers. So common you see it on tv and in movies and nobody bats an eye. Then someone grumbles something about it being okay because duh nahtsees or muh bataan. Many like to conveniently forget that the US and the other "allies"(like the first go around the war was a fight of traditional friends who had been traditional enemies) had been engaging in provocative acts against the Axis amongst whom had been trying for peace with these very nations for years. Japans oil was practically cut off, right inthe middle of a war with China. The consequences would have been defeat for Japan. In what (still is) was German clay, namely the part of West Prussia called the Danzig corridor, and the city itself, poles of both the army and civilian population were committing atrocities against the German minorities. This is well documented, that along with the involvement of the NKVD and other jews, mostly polish. You can only handle some assholes shit for so long, you know? Then comes the war and resistance.
Anyways it doesnt really matter if this particular set of rear ends have quite a fancy with brutality, in the end you have the results. Christian Europe, especially Germany, burnt to the ground and obliterated. Japan was much the same. Maybe you can, but I just cant let myself think the allies were anything other than murderers and rapist. Thieves.
>>
>>965134
Alright faggot, what do the Calcutta jews have to do with Israel's foreign policy?
>>
>>965148

>so common nobody bats an eye
>he's talking about that one episode of Bandages of Brothers where they drive past the German soldiers being shot and only the replacement reacts
>implying that is meant to be about "hurrr fuck the Germans kill them" and not to show how changed and jaded the others are
>>
>>965148

>NKVD
>Committing atrocities in Danzig
>Well documented

Wew lad
>>
>>965168
Jew propaganda, but you missed my point. Its there. Funny though, band of brothers left out the Rhine meadows camps
>>
>>965108
Well I guess you're not a very self examined person are you
>>
>>965133
Actually,I don't believe in justice in war. To me, whether the German people deserved to suffer after the war is irrelevant. I consider death and human misery to be necessary components if war.

As for the Jew, it seems to me that he is a special case. Treating the Jew as just any other ethnic or religious group out of a blind adherence to radical egalitarianism is not indicated. No more than we should treat Muslims as just any other religion to the point we let them kill us.
>>
>>965142
Because you don't understand Aristotelian rhetoric.
>>
>>964461
1. Capitalist armies
2. the Axis
<powergap>
3. pre-modern armies
>>
>>965245
Explain it to me then.
>>
>>964461
Like that could actually be considered war crimes due to the legality or what would be considered war crimes today?
If the latter, probably the Persians or the Ottomans. If the former, probably the U.S. Army, followed closely by the PLAC.
>>
>>965187

>it's there
>even though it doesn't mean what I want it to mean
>>
>>965148
When the United States Marines retook midway, they found piles of amputated body parts. The Japanese had stripped the Marines they captured and looked for their iconic eagle globe and anchor tattoos. Whatever they had the tattoo on, the nips severed with their katanas.

After that, the Marines never gave any quarter or mercy to the Japanese.
>>
>>964500
I'm not even kidding but that picture looks horribly like shoped.

The legs of the middle body seem to awfully blend with the picture. Also isn't the body all in all too large? Just compare feet to the soldiers.
>>
>>965249
Okay. I don't have to actually address your points or form my own arguments if I just trap you in impossible situations where nothing you say has any impact.

God it's like you never spent your mandatory three years of newfagging on /b/.
>>
>>965263
Maybe, but why bother to shop war dead in a war where 25 million or so period were killed?
>>
>>964566

>When /pol/ leaves its containment tank.
>>
>>965264
Kek
>>
>>964474
The regular Wehrmacht wasn't renowned for committing many atrocities. Rommel actually made sure that prisoners of war were treated well.

It was the Waffen SS who were horrible bastards.
>>
>>965257
>When the United States Marines retook midway
>retook midway
um, what
>>
>>965286
it was down to each officer to condemn, sanction or encourage their men in taking part of the atrocities
volunteering was a thing for the einsatzgruppes

besides, many Heer divisions were on anti partisan duty, which commited just as many crimes

its delusional to think the wehrmacht dindonuffin
>>
>>965330
I'm not saying they didn't commit one or two war crimes, every army in WWII did. My point was that they didn't have a reputation for rape and pillage.
>>
>>965286

>le wehrmacht were the good nazis maymay
>>
>>964566
someone dropped this meme in a /v/ thread. I came back to /his/ disgusted at the state of the site and was glad there existed a place where enlightened, sourced, and non propagandized (outside of jokes) discourse could be had. Then you just had to JUST.
>>
>>965264
Diogonesian Shitdiscoursing
>>
>>964969
>Hitler based his extermination of Slavs and Germanic expansion east on American expansion west at the expense of Natives

so he let civilian miners and farmers invade Russia first?
>>
>>965244
>I don't believe in injustice in war.
Really? I find that remarkable that you are saying that it a fight on a battlefield between professional soliders is the same as the rape and murder of unarmed non combatants.
You would have an extremely difficult job explaining this to a raped civilian who watched their family being murdered by thugs in uniform.
Death and misery is inevitable in war but do you not think we (humanity) should do every single thing we can to minimise this? Should the thugs who rape and terrorise not be held responsible when the shooting stops? Should the officers who ordered the burning of homes not be jailed?
>>
>>965255
> continued point missing
> not getting that its accepted that unarmed germans were executed after surrendering
> but what about their feeluns anon, cant you see that they are all jaded and sad? ; (
Nah go fuck yourself
>>
>>965364
It is all very depressing desu.
>>
>>965244
Why are Jews a special case?
>>
>>964461

in recent history , its between the US and USSR
>>
>>965244
>Actually,I don't believe in justice in war.
This sounds like a moral shorthand to shrug off the burden of determining who was in the right or wrong.
>>
>>964481
>it is somehow a bad thing that the British didn't want a corrupt economic system that benefited them instead of a corrupt economic system that benefited a different country
>>
>>965389

>soldiers were executed after thy surrendered
>this litterally only ever happened to German soldiers
>those evil allied bastards
>>
>>965286
The Wehrmacht committed tons of atrocities

Wehraboos please leave
>>
>>965032
No that's not edgy enough

Every war should be total war

If any Iraqi or Afghan civilian gets raped or killed by US or European forces it's not our fault it's Iraq and Afghanistan's fault for not surrendering :^)
>>
>>965423
Not just germans, many others. It was all
axis soldiers that applied. This happened to the allies to a bit I guess
>>
>>965431
>Every war should be total war
No, every war should be by proxy for the benefit of the state you live in.
>>
>>965436

>a bit
>>
>>965445
Comparitively? Yes
Fuck the allies, USA especially
>>
>>965452

>Nazi Germany issues general orders litterally saying to not take certain soldiers prisoner and shoot them on the spot
>not in response to a particular event or during a particular battle, but just in general
>No, it's the Allies who are evil
>>
>>965502
The soviet union was not party to the Geneva convention.
The German response to the USSR was exactly that. A response.
Further, the way the western allied soldiers were treated only helps to prove this. German soldiers were fighting stalin and bolshevism, not russians in particular
>>
>>965523
You should die
>>
>>965524

>Implying there's a bit in the Geneva and Hague Conventions that say "all of this only applies to citizens of countries that are also signatories"
>implying that the rest of the Allies weren't signatories anyway
>>
>>965372
The Greeks were brilliant people.
>>
>>964461
cia and japanes.....
>>
>>965374
No, fuck them. Vae victus. We should not work to reduce the suffering caused by war, we should make it more terrible. That way we crush our enemies more quickly and expose our own warriors to less harm. That way, our enemies will think twice rather than fight us.
>>
>>965569
Your enemy follows the same reasoning.
Millions suffer and die.
No one is punished.
>>
>>965403
That's a great question, but I'm not sure anyone can answer that. Why was the Jew expelled out of literally every European nation except Scotland at one time or another? Why had the Jew bred hostility against him everywhere he has ever gone? What about him made such diverse cultures as the ancient Babylonians and Nazi Germans come to the same conclusion regarding the Jew despite having nothing whatsoever in common with one another? I don't know why the Jew is a special case. But reading history clearly shows that he is.
>>
>>965415
War isn't about right and wrong. It's about who's stronger.
>>
File: 1460179054798.png (602 KB, 532x1763) Image search: [Google]
1460179054798.png
602 KB, 532x1763
>>965536
you're either a troll or retarded
>hurrrrr durrrrr
>hurrrrr durrrrr
>hurrrrr durrrrr
inb4
>I was merely pretending
>>
Here's my top 5 without reading the thread. Excluding premodern armies because I don't really give a fuck about shit that happened a thousand years ago:

1) Nazis (I don't really care whether or not you make a big distinction between SS and Wehrmacht, they're all guilty of war crimes, the Allies dindu nuttin and your opinion is bad)

2) The Force Publique of the Congo Free State (muh 10 million)

3) Imperial Japs

4) Yugoslav People's Army (post-breakup)

5) The sum of """armies"""" like the Lord's Resistance Army (optional #KONY2016).
>>
>>965581
>Cyrus the great delivers them from babylon and rebuilds the temple with this
Babylonians were assholes anyway.
>>
>>965583
No, war CAN be about right and wrong and it's often DECIDED by who's stronger.
>>
>>965431
W-we should have wars without killing, guys. What are you, edgy teens?
>>
>>965581
Is it not due to the fact that moneylending and usury was banned in the Bible and Jews were pushed into this industry and did very well creating a vast sense of anger by non Jews at this successful "other"?
Does it not boil down to that they were always a visible 'other' and as such could be targeted and blamed for all of life's problems ?
>>
>>965536
This
>>
>>965580
The enemy follows whatever reasoning the enemy wants. He is ideologically opposed to me anyway. That's why he is the enemy. If I am constrained, but the enemy is unconstrained, he has a tremendous advantage.

We tried fighting touchy feely wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. They turned into the longest wars in our history. And we get blamed for the casualties just as much as we would have if we just went and nuked every city. Do the Russians get blamed for indeterminate bombing? Nope, they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>965618

>Do the Russians get blamed for indeterminate bombing?

Yes.
>>
>>965553
Germany only did that with the Soviet union, the other allies were treated pretty well. However, the same kindness was not quite reciprocated from the allies was it? Werent they signatories..?
>>
>>965593
You don't know what war is.
>>
>>965625

>only did that with the Soviet union

Lel
>>
>>965618
The Russians killed a million and lost in Afghanistan.
>>
>>965629
>a state of armed conflict between groups
Condescend the definition to me then.
>>
>>965600
No, that's a middle school understanding. If that were so, then no other middleman minorities could have successfully integrated, whereas what we see with every other middleman minority is that discrimination may occur at first, but generally within a single generation assimilation occurs.

Your attribution of money lending as the cause of resentment is similarly spurious. The Jews were not the money lenders to the Romans, Babylonians, Egyptians, Philistines, or Canaanites. Yet those people, too, had the same sorts of opinions of the Jew that Europeans had.
>>
>>965622
Who blames them? Cuckolded Europeans who won't do shit, and will do whatever Putin tells them to do anyway? Please. The Russians don't give a fuck and neither should we.
>>
>>965618
Do you think if we kill more people in Iraq and Afghanistan things will change? The Russians killed a million in Afghanistan and lost. Wars are won or lost for reasons that go far beyond the brutality of the soldiers. We could talk all day about why Afghanistan has been able to beat so many empires throughout history. This current war is a massive quagmire with a huge amount of mission creep. I am sorry if the fact it is "touchy feely" but the fact remains that less innocent civilians have died as a result of the restraint we have placed on our forces and I am immensely proud of this.
>>
>>965639
So?
>>
>>965654
Perhaps it's there unwillingness to fully integrate then? I wouldn't condemn the der juden for that.
>>
>>965667
The point being they were brutal and unconstrained but they still lost. The result is the same but more people died
>>
>>965649
War is the application of violence to instill our will upon the enemy. It's got nothing to do with right and wrong, only power.
>>
>>965654
What other middlemen minorities do you refer to?

My point is they were a visible "other" and people blamed them for problems when things went bad.
>>
>>965673
I don't see how that breaks from the way I framed it. The steps that lead to war, it's motivations...CAN...be related to rights and wrongs and in the motion of a war it is often decided by the strongest side.

Perhaps the distinction between motivation for war and "war" wasn't made clear enough, but it's often rolled together without dispute.
>>
>>965654
>The Jews were not the money lenders to the Romans, Babylonians, Egyptians, Philistines, or Canaanites. Yet those people, too, had the same sorts of opinions of the Jew that Europeans had.
This is an easy statement to dismiss. Source it or gtfo.
>>
>>965666
There have been over half a million "innocent" civilians killed in Iraq alone. Mostly by other Iraqis ethnically cleansing one another. If we had been more forceful we could have killed more people more brutally early on to prevent so many being killed later.

Really the problem with Iraq is that we did not treat the Iraqis the way we did the Nazis. We killed every mother fucker with a Nazi ideology. If the had an SS blood group tattoo, they were shot where they stood. We crushed them utterly and destroyed their ideology. That's why there are no Nazis today (no, /pol/ doesn't count).

Incidentally your ideology is a large papart if why we were unsuccessful in Iraq. You have been indoctrinated to view our enemies with beneficence, and to view your own military with hatred and suspicion. You're parroting leftist talking points. If war is about ideological commitment of a people, you are weak and they are strong. What wonder they succeed.
>>
>>965668
That's certainly a part of it, but there's much more.
>>
>>965581
>Why was the Jew expelled out of literally every European nation except Scotland at one time or another?
State Religions/Established Churches
>Why had the Jew bred hostility against him everywhere he has ever gone?
Jews have been a minority in any setting since the diaspora. Find a minority that people like, I dare you.
>What about him made such diverse cultures as the ancient Babylonians and Nazi Germans come to the same conclusion regarding the Jew despite having nothing whatsoever in common with one another?
[citation required]
>>
>>965672
They were brutal, but not unconstrained. For instance the Soviets could have killed every single man woman and child in the entire nation. As Tacitus said, make a desert and call it peace.
>>
>>965682
For instance, the Chinese in southeast Asia. The Lebanese in south America. The Syrians in Africa. They fall into the same typical roles, and face resentment, but they don't get oppressed, expelled, and genocided.

Oh I'm quite aware of your point, so-called. It just requires a facile and ideologically motivated reading of history that quite frankly is revisionist and not in keeping with the facts. You have just bought in to the American liberal noble lie.
>>
>>965738
>. It just requires a facile and ideologically motivated reading of history that quite frankly is revisionist and not in keeping with the facts.
and your facts are shrinking a complex set of interactions over millenia into a simple pill that is red in color and goes
>DA JOOS ARE EBIL
>>
>>965686
Well, you can interpret things any way you want. That doesn't really change the things themselves though, does it? Just how you think of them.

I think right, whatever you want to define that to mean, is completely irrelevant. It won't help you win. If you lose, what you think is right doesn't matter. If you win, you'll write history to show that your position was right no matter what. If the confederates had won we would all think abolition is evil and slavery is a positive good.
>>
>>965688
What? You want me to source that the Jew wasn't moneylender to the Roman Empire? Setting aside that's demanding I prove a negative, is your head up your ass?
>>
>>965702
Who could we have killed earlier that would have stopped further sectarian violence?
The nazis were a political party which is easy to identify and kill. We targeted the baath part in post war Iraq in the same way. It is the deep religious and ethic differences between the peoples of Iraq which were suppressed under saddam that came bubbling to the surface and have caused so much death.

The Russians believed strongly in their cause in Afghanistan and still failed.
I don't see how my beliefs would change the outcome of a deeply flawed invasion.

I value human life and want to minimise human suffering in war. It just doesn't boil down to "I hate the troops" I work with ex soliders. Some are good. Some are bad.

I don't not think you can win wars simply by killing more and in more vicious ways than your enemy. It's so much more complicated than that.
>>
>>965710
>Find a minority that people like, I dare you.
Asian Americans. I'll accept your "you're right" in your next post.

>[citation required]
The bible.
>>
>>965754
No you retard, I want you to prove that the attitudes of the Romans, Babylonians, Philistines and Canaanites towards the Jews are all the same.
>>
>>965764
oh wow, its another bible belter
>>
>>965748
Once is bad fortune. Twice is coincidence. Three times is a pattern.

For the Jew it was every. Single. Time.
>>
>>965751
>Just how you think of them.
No, winners writing the victor is a meme in any conflict where enough information exists to get an account of both sides motivations and apply hindsight.

Warring is tied to the motivations when it is discussed. Winning is important for the people in the battle, the 5 w's are important for people looking back on it.

>you'll write history
Just like the Romans wrote the history of the rape of sabine. Completely whitewashed themselves of it. Everyone says the romans were in the right.
>>
>>965770
So you are applying folksy wisdom to social, political and cultural changes.
>>
>>965768
The Babylonians and Egyptians conquered and enslaved the Jew. The Philistines and Canaanites were conquered and genocided by the Jew.

The Romans conquered and tried to victimize the Jew, fought three wars against him, and wound up saying "fuck it, you had your chance, now we're just going to kill ALL you fuckers."
>>
>>965764
>the bible
wew lad. How about you at least begin with some actual passages?

>Asian Americans
I think you'll find that Americans dislike Asians a lot more than Jews. After all, we never put Jews in internment camps.
>>
>>965780
Hey! That's not a source.

Even if it was, it doesn't show similar attitudes towards Jews, just similar actions towards Jews, which was your initial argument.
>>
>>965789
>was your initial argument.
Sorry, which was NOT your initial argument.
>>
>>965756
That's just it. Nazism is an ideology to which the Germans were committed. After the war it had to be purgedfor us to win. What's the ideology motivating the Iraqis?

Why, Islam, of course.

We should have killed the Muslims, leveled every mosque, and burned every koran.

Or lacking that, we should probably have just stayed committed to the Sunni awakening and not engaged in a precipitous withdrawal that caused the Shiite retribution and created the Islamic State.

Of course your don't understand, because you don't understand war. The Muslim is completely committed to jihad. No matter what happens, the Muslim will blame the bad in America and the good on Muslims. You are committed to hating your country. No matter what happens you will blame the bad on America and the good on whatever communist you can find. Thus the Muslim will always fight, and you will cause us to always run as soon as possible.
>>
>>964461
Any eastern steppe barbarian tribe ranging from huns to turkmen. May them always be weak.
>>
>>965756
>It's so much more complicated than that
Have you ever even read von Clausewitz?
>>
>>964969
>Spanish weren't even that terrible, they did genocide something like 90% of the population of Central and South America and pretty much 100% of the native population of the islands
What's smallpox?
>>
>>965800
>a fat redarded american suddenly finds that the mooselimbs are out to get him
Kill yourself fat fuck.
40 years ago the Muslim was your ally against the godless communist. Your american freedom bankrolled wahabism into becoming the frankenstein's monster it is today.
>>
>>965775
I've never met anyone other than feminists who argue that the rape of the Sabine women was wrong, and even they can be convinced it was empowering to women.

Essentially every war the Romans ever fought was unjust by our standards, and yet they invented the notion of just war which we use to be judgemental about them!

And if you want to call things memes I would suggest that you remember Lincoln was so hated he was literally shot. Then we built a temple to deify him.
>>
>>965800

Winning a war that shouldn't have been started to begin with isn't worth genocide.
>>
>>965779
Okay. So how many times does it have to happen before you realize that there's causation there? I mean, that's the essence of a repeatable experiment.
>>
>>965823
>and yet they invented the notion of just war which we use to be judgemental about them!
I thought this was the work of christians in a dying/dead western empire.

Something of Hippo and t. Aquinas
>>
>>965789
Wait, you're right. I'm so sorry, forgive me. The Philistines actually loved the Jews. When their land was getting stolen by them in the name of the Jewish war god. Which is why philistine in modern English means cultured sophisticate.
>>
>>965828
Yes, it was causation when the romans propped up a client state for the jews for a long ass time
It was a fluke when the persians allowed the jews to return back and rebuild their temple
>>
>>965828

>minority that won't integrate, has a very inclusive culture (keeps to themselves, don't proselytize, don't attempt to fight back)
>obtains positions that provide a lot of capital because they're the only literate ones
>does things characteristic of bankers everywhere (shady business practices, usury, etc.)
>gets scapegoated because they're wealthy and easy to fuck over

All pogroms throughout history have been an attempt by the ruling class to fuck over the bourgeoise (who at the time were almost exclusively Jewish) in response to economic or social unrest. Unity against an identifiable, easily hated person (your landlord, the bank, rich people) In the interest of maintaining/solidifying the ruling class' grasp on power.

Give me one counter-example.
>>
niggers in africa obviously

>inb4 nazis

top kek
>>
>>965822
Ah. Anti Americanism meme. Don't be silly, Ahmed. Israel is our greatest ally.
>>
>>965869
You americans clapped when Wahabism spread throughout the middle east because hey, they worship god right?
You deserve what happened to you.
>>
>>965824
Who said genocide? We just kill the Muslims. The ones who want to stop worshipping moehammed can live.
>>
>>965838
>...Yet those people, too, had the same sorts of opinions of the Jew that Europeans had.
This is what you said. Two people holding a generally negative opinion of something is not "the same sort of opinion." In order to prove your statement, you would have to show that philistines believed Jews were some variation of miserly, money-grubbing, untrustworthy, weak, etc. Otherwise your claims have no base in reality, and they're just the typically psychotic ramblings of a /pol/tard.
>>
>>965837
It originally came from the Roman pagan religion. Their gods only let them fight wars that were good. So they invented flimsy pretexts whenever they wanted to conquer something. Cassus belli.
>>
>>965828
I think you'll find that it hard to show that the way that Jews are treated is in some way endemic to Jews, and not how every group of outsiders is treated by all societies.
>>
>>965872

If religion is part of a culture, then yes removing someone's cultural identity (especially in the case of Islam where it's as much as a way of life as a religion) and killing anyone who doesn't comply is genocide.

Just listen to yourself dude. Do you realize how autistic you're sounding? You sound like a "Le Dark Enlightenment" edgelord.
>>
>>965855
>Give me one counter-example.
The third Roman Jewish war aka Bar Kokhba revolt.
>>
>>965872
Who said genocide, we just kill the Americans, the ones who call it Armoured Rugby instead of Football can live
>>
>>965887
Not a pogrom.
>>
Mongols
Waffen SS
Red Army
U.S. Army
Ottomans
>>
>>965887

Ah yes, a nationalist revolt perfectly characterizes the perfidious nature of the grubby Jew.

You may have provided a counter example but you've done nothing to disprove my point, nor prove yours correct.
>>
>>965871
And they deserve what we'll do to them when we get really mad. They pricked us and we invade three of their countries and toppled more.
>>
>>965900
Yes, all the billybobs losing their legs to IEDs agree.
>>
>>965897
looks about right
>>
>>965897
>U.S. Army
Assyrians*
>>
>>965910

Assyrians were fucking vicious, definitely more so than the Americans, but if we're taking the scale of atrocities into account they're probably dwarfed by the genocide of the Native Americans during the 1800s.
>>
>>965930
>genocide
SMALL POX
M
A
L
L

P
O
X
>>
>>965930
If we're talking scale then it'd have to be a major western colonial army. The Philippines and native Americans don't make up for centuries.
>>
>>965876
>Two people holding a generally negative opinion of something is not "the same sort of opinion."
Actually, that's exactly what it is.

>In order to prove your statement
No, you're just teasing more into it because you don't want it to be true, then you're trying to set some bar I can't meet.
>>
>>965942

I was talking more about stuff like Custer exterminating entire villages etc.

>>965944

This is probably true. Leopold's Congo is a good example but it's complicated by the fact it was mostly carried out by locals.
>>
>>965885
I think you'll find quite the opposite.
>>
>>965962
Entire villages of almost a hundred people!

Wow, what a genocide!
>>
>>965967

Yes, dumbfuck, by genocide I was referring solely to Custer's role in the Indian Wars.

All I'm saying is that the atrocities of the Indian Wars were probably on a grander scale overall than those of the Assyrians.
>>
>>965984
>probably on a grander scale
You would be wrong then.
>>
>>965960
Ok, then what point exactly are you trying to make? That a lot of people dislike Jews? This is a meaningless statement. A lot of people dislike dental floss for various reasons. That doesn't mean dental floss has a hidden agenda, and we shouldn't let people floss in our countries.
>>
>>965965
You're the one making the claims and then refusing to provide any sources other than 'muh bible', not me.
>>
>>965686
People don't colonize/invade a country for justice. They work in their own self-interest and pride. You invade someones land to collect taxes and resources, subjugate their population and put settlements there.
>>
>>965992
>Natives
>The South (they deserved it but whatever)
>Civilian bombings during WWII
>Indonesian killings of 1965–66
>Philippines
>Vietnam
>Iraq
>Tons of shit in Latin America

What did the Assyrians do exactly? I'm actually curious
>>
>>966184
>What did the Assyrians do exactly? I'm actually curious
Skinning people alive, regular killing to a man woman and child, weaponized cannabalism. Other stuff im sure as well.
>>
File: 241394081.jpg (715 KB, 3751x1695) Image search: [Google]
241394081.jpg
715 KB, 3751x1695
>>964461
Rape of Nanking was the worst in terms of brutality.
>>
>>966197
>patronized cannibalism
nice
>>
>>966206
those were clearly chinese soldiers
>>
>>966197
Being skinned alive has got to be the worst way to go. I couldn't even imagine.
>>
>>966184
>Natives
Trust me, you'd be wishing they did get rid of all the Comanches if they hadn't.
>The South
Literally no war crimes were committed in the civil war.
>Civilian bombings during WWII
Not war crimes, either.
>Indonesian killings
Not conducted by the US Army
>Philippines
The war crimes in the Philippines only resulted in the death of like, 20 people.
>Vietnam
Still, there were only a couple hundred incidents. Pretty good for an army operating in Asia desu.
>Iraq
Most of what you were referring to were technically not war crimes because of the definition of legal combatant.
>Tons of shit in Latin America
Not conducted by US army, again.
>>
>>964500
shoooooooooooooped
>>
capitalism
>>
>>965886
You can't genocide a culture. Those are two unrelated concepts.
>>
>>965894
No it was a fucking genocide. An actual genocide.
>>
Actually, I conclusively disproved your point by the criteria you set forth. Q.E.D.

Also, it's impossible to have a nationalist revolt before the invention of the nation state as a concept.
>>
>>965930
Didn't happen. Weren't very many Indians to begin with anyway.
>>
>>965998
Alright, how about a lot of people really dislike the Jew to the point that they are compelled to act in these similar patterns to stop the Jew time after time throughout history.
>>
>>966008
And you're the one crying like a Wikipedia Marxist.
>>
>>966693
For
>>965898
>>
File: dont-do-that.png (44 KB, 233x234) Image search: [Google]
dont-do-that.png
44 KB, 233x234
>there are people arguing unironically with someone using the term "the Jew"
>>
>>966721
>he doesn't accept historical convention
>on a history board.
>>
>>965649
goddammit, but i'd like to have everything he's carrying and that uniform
>>
>>964508
Go home clauswitz
>>
File: 1444307650530.png (85 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1444307650530.png
85 KB, 800x600
>>966275
>there were only a couple hundred incidents
>>
>>965286
The wehrmacht wasn't innocent
But they're not in the top list for atrocities

Mongols
Ottomans
Colonial Belgium
Waffen SS
Red Army during WWII
>>
>>966769
Oops
Put the Japanese after Belgium
>>
File: 1398174489741.gif (1 MB, 234x234) Image search: [Google]
1398174489741.gif
1 MB, 234x234
>it's a /pol/tard discusses history episode

inb4 fuck off Schlomo,Jidf etc.
>>
>>966275
Americans defending human rights abuses everyone... oh wait, I have to watch out or his military will waterboard me...
>>
File: 1459799237550.jpg (174 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1459799237550.jpg
174 KB, 500x600
>this thread
>>
1400 years of Muslim aggression = 250 million in total /140 million Africans
Hitler loved the Muslims
>>
File: OTTOMAN.png (276 KB, 1282x768) Image search: [Google]
OTTOMAN.png
276 KB, 1282x768
>>964473
>>
Timurid
>>
File: heavy_mongol_archer_by_sabiss.jpg (131 KB, 600x902) Image search: [Google]
heavy_mongol_archer_by_sabiss.jpg
131 KB, 600x902
>>964461

For history buffs it has to be the Mongols. Leaving aside the people they killed, destruction of irreplaceable cultural artifacts is also a war crime and they were the kings of that.
>>
>>964474

Depends on how you define war crimes. If you mean the standards at Nuremberg, then you should know that those were written by the Americans. They had a rule to determine what would be a war crime and what wouldn't. If it was something horrible that the Nazis did and that the Nazis could prove that the Allies had also done, then that wasn't a war crime. But if it was something horrible that the Nazis and the Allies had done, but no proof against the Allies could be mustered by the defense attorneys, then it was deemed a war crime.

War crimes didn't exist in any meaningful way prior to WWII, you're just choosing from countries in the 20th century onwards using standards that are heavily biased in favour of the Allies. The exercise is almost pointless.
>>
>>965148

Oh look, what was THE IJN YUUDACHI doing with a white sail on herself and attacking ships that thought she was surrendering?

WHAT'S THAT? NOT A WARCRIME AND THE US NAVY WERE NOT JUSTIFIED IN PUNISHING THE IJN BY ORDERING AMERICAN SHIPS TO NOT RESCUE ANY SHIPWRECKED IJN SAILORS, AKA THE "NO QUARTERS" ORDER?

Geneva conventions not justified in punishing even those who did not sign it? You fucking what m8.
>>
>>964473
>>967083
Not that I like t*rks but I truly do not understand the Balkan mentality, on one hand you cry like SJW's regarding all the attorcities done by turks but on the other hand you pride themselves how many turks you killed/removed even though in both cases majority of the deaths are civillians-pissant farmers. Both you and turks justify the deaths by associating them with rebellions or a goverment that they have took no part in it.

You are both SJW and Genocidal at the same time. Balkans is really a magical place.
>>
>>964784
>implying was isn't a crime
>implying the initial insanity somehow lessens the following
>>
File: 1446669143238.png (1 MB, 1530x1127) Image search: [Google]
1446669143238.png
1 MB, 1530x1127
>>965148
Pic
>>
>>965286
Bollocks, Rommel shot prisoners of war like any other desert general.
>>
>>964500
This pic is a fake, the soldier is a russian with a germanb helmet, look at the uniform and the boots
>>
>>964461
How do you "quantify" the number of war crimes?

n genocides?
n number of people killed?
n times rules of engagement were not followed?

Is there a moral difference between 5 million and 50 million innocent dead?
>>
>>964461
The mongols
>>
>>967640
It's called blood for blood, you should look it up sometimes.
>>
>>964535
40+ million*
>>
>>964735

so much this
>>
>>965716
Wait. Are you actually recommending that we obliterate entire populations just to have victory? Besides, killing their whole population wouldn't have been in the Soviet's strategic interests
>>
>>969568
Not just to have victory, but sure. Why not. Do that a few times and those bastards will learn not to fight us.
>>
>>967640
Turks are the invaders.
>>
>>964461

Just look at any army of Mohammeds followers.

https://www.politicalislam.com/tears-of-jihad/
>>
The Soviets.
>>
>>969623
I agree. Particularly during WWII... against their own people.
>>
>>966275

Never post here again. I hate being treated like a fucking retard because of tea party hicks like you.
>>
>>969748
> maybe if I pander to the political left they'll stop hating me for disagreeing with them.

No, you are the problem. I hate pukes like you who punch to their right worse even them the liberals.
>>
>>966700
The patterns aren't similar at all, though.
>>
>>969758

>pander to the political left
>implying that rednecks like you that suck the cocks of the neocon establishment aren't the problem

Idiots that like to deny the truth are making our nation go down the shitter, not the people that actually subscribe to the notion that maybe the Untied States isn't perfect and infallible.
>>
>>969748
The OP of the thread asked to list forces that committed the most war crimes. You chose the US Army. That's pretty much an objectively incorrect choice.
How does the American Army's treatment of Natives differ from that of the Spanish army in their colonies, or the French army in theirs?
Why criticize the American army so harshly for their participation in Middle East conflicts, but not the Iranian or Iraq Army, who certainly committed a broader array of war crimes? Similarly in Asia, what makes the US Army stand out and not a Vietnamese army or even North Korea? Why pick on the US Army for things that they never fired a shot in, like the Indonesian killings when other forces did similar things, like the Belgian advisors at the Rwandan genocide? Why blame the Army for things the CIA did, like start conflicts in Latin America, when the KGB and the DGI did the same shit?

The US Army never did anything particularly horrible that made them stand out compared to other armies of other nations. Asserting that they did is just Americanocentric and short-sighted. You're getting treated like a retard because you are one.
>>
>>969966

I'm not even the anon who listed the US army, friendo, personally I'd put them lower on the list, but that's nto what's important here.

What I'm taking issue with is his americanocentric (You should learn to use this word properly, it might help you when you reach high school) view of history that actively ignores the facts of several atrocities the US army WAS involved with.
>>
File: the so-called good guys.jpg (307 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
the so-called good guys.jpg
307 KB, 1600x1200
>>969966
>>
>>969979
>Centred on or overemphasizing the United States of America.

No, I used it correctly.

But you didn't, it needs to be capitalized.
>>
>>970014

Semantics. Nothing I said was Americanocentric.
>>
>>970086
Well, whoever said the US Army's war crimes ranked among the top of all forces of all time overemphasized the atrocities committed by the US Army, which is an Americanocentric view.

"Americanocentric" does not mean "Jingoistic"
>>
>>964461
probably us army killed a bunch of folks all over the world

hey usa world tour back 2back war champions lol

500,000 in a blink of an eye (the nukes)

also the rapes and shit all over the world agent orange rape shit still happens around the american bases

only good thing is usa is the winning guy so can do good propaganda
>>
>>964461
>>970159

it's the only country to have a flag with a killed confirmed lol

also want to add america isn't a bad guy every army has bad guys but it's just usa has probably been in more wars then most countries so has ended up doing more war crimes and horrible shit also with modren times and modern technology more get fucked up
>>
>>969895
But they are.
>>
>>969923
No, they hate America and want to blame it for every problem in the world so they can ultimately destroy it. But you licking their boots in the hope they'll accept you instead of treat you like shit is why people like the tea party can't effectively oppose them. We could have defunded osamacare if not for cronies like you.
>>
>>965286
This is genuinely the worst meme in history
Most Wermacht troops fought on the Eastern Front, where they committed atrocities by the truckload
In France, Rommel's men executed black prisoners when they found them
The whole "Wehrmacht was ok, only the SS was bad!" is a statement only a complete fucking retard would make
>>
>>970234
>Romans
>Disliked the Jews because they desired self-rule
>Allowed them to be nominally independent for a while, killed them.

>Spaniards
>Disliked Jews because they didn't like converting
>force-converted them

>Venetians
>Disliked Jews because they performed usury
>Made them live in a run-down steel forge.

>Nazis
>Disliked Jews because Bolshevism or some other reason that makes no sense whatsoever
>Concentrated half of them into forced labor camps, killed the other half

>England
>Didn't really dislike Jews that much, but Jews didn't fit into their feudal system
>Expelled them because the poor people were chimping out

These are similar? How? Both the reasons AND the end results are different.
>>
>>964508
>>>/boltthrowerconcert/
>>
>>964461
For some reason war rape and post-war rape always intrigued me. [spoiler]perhaps I might have rape tendencies [/spoiler]
What are some instances of War rape that intrigued you?
>>
>>966769
>werhmacht not on the toplist
>but the red army is

Gee, I wonder which side committed more civilian casualties.
>>
>>964461
Imperial Japan is definitely up there.
>>
>>965810
>bring a disease over involuntarily
>a war crime

Big difference between that and flinging plague corpses into cities like what the Mongols did.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.