[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Italy rebuild friendly relationships with nations that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: pizza_trad_pepperoni.png (437 KB, 1538x776) Image search: [Google]
pizza_trad_pepperoni.png
437 KB, 1538x776
How did Italy rebuild friendly relationships with nations that were her enemies after ww2?

Germany (became an enemy after the Armistice)
France
Greece
Russia
etc
>>
>>963425
Uneducated opinion, but probably easy since the italian people came out having swapped sides and the german gov't(s) was different too.
>>
>>963428
You're saying the the italian people hanging Mussolini themselves helped?
Why did the italians hang Mussolini while the Germans had no mass revolt?
>>
>>963437
They didn't have allied forces to help the uprising I guess.
>>
>>963445
Well there were the Soviets.
>>
>>963425
They got let off because most of the population was never really into the war effort. Also killing your own Axis Fascist leader will get you into the good books. I imagine if the Germans strung up Hitler they'd have been let off a little more.
>>
>>963456
In Italy? If they were there, I'm afraid that's a gap in my knowledge, but no one wanted to work with the soviets when Americans were the alternative as far as I know.
>>
>>963437
The Germans were much more behind Hitler than the Italians were behind Mussolini
>>
>>963463
No I'm saying the soviets were part of the allied forces and they were in/near germany like the americans were in italy.
>>
>>963470
Oh oh oh oh oh. My bad. The situations were completely different between the two. General Winter was preparing for some rape while Uncle Sam was gearing up for marriages and leaving cherished American babies in Italy until daddy could bring the whole family together.
>>
File: enrico-berlinguer1.jpg (53 KB, 561x434) Image search: [Google]
enrico-berlinguer1.jpg
53 KB, 561x434
>>963463
>no one wanted to work with the soviets when Americans were the alternative as far as I know.
Shut up.

Commies wrote the constitution and Italy managed to have the greatest commie party on the western side of the Berlin Wall.
>>
>>963425
It probably helped that unlike Hitler, Mussolini had exceptionally good relationships with the international community up until he gassed Ethiopia.
>>
>>963521
You realized you literally posted someone who wanted to be commie but not soviet right? The PCI was the second party in the nation, but there was a lot of factionalism within it, and a good half of the adherents didn't want to be with the soviets.
The PCI was successful because it was much much more moderate than most other commie parties.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.