[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the word for someone who doesn't care about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 9781596437395.IN03.jpg (363 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
9781596437395.IN03.jpg
363 KB, 768x1024
What's the word for someone who doesn't care about religion?

It's not that I think a deity cannot exist, but if they do, they are some distant thing that doesn't bother me and that I don't bother with. I've always found prayers to be useless and a waste of time and that finding solutions for myself worked better since shit don't happen by itself. I've also always found religion in practice to be full of toxic BS that actively tries to make my life horrible shit, another reason why I've always rejected and avoided it. That's why I've always liked deities from pagan or fictional (redundant but you get my point) mythologies better, they're less intrusive and much more acceptable. Especially in the sexual sphere. Abrahamic religions truly are shit for a woman.
Tl;dr my belief of religious beings is pretty much distant remote things that may or may not be but should never interfere with my daily life. Does that still make me a atheist even though an atheist, by the word's definition, should be someone who thinks deities do not exist at all?
>>
>>963180
Apatheist; but since you made this thread, I assume you're an Atheist.
>>
>>963180

Religious indifference
>>
>>963180
>greek deity
>black
>>
>>963186
>blue eyes
>brown hair that's curly, not kinky
>tan skin

She's Mediterranean
>>
File: 185.jpg (40 KB, 531x800) Image search: [Google]
185.jpg
40 KB, 531x800
>>963186
It's called a tan.
>>
>>963180
"New-age moron"
>>
>>963182
Apatheist then, thank you.

>18th Century French philosopher Denis Diderot, when accused of being an atheist, replied that he simply did not care whether God existed or not

Same here desu.
>>
>>963190
That's too black for meditteranean
She's a product of the elusive wewuz
>>
>>963180
>an atheist, by the word's definition, should be someone who thinks deities do not exist at all?
That's a narrow definition. An atheist is, most inclusively, someone who simply thinks deities are unlikely, or someone who reacts to deity claims with skepticism.

If you know what a deity is, and you don't think that description is likely, it doesn't matter whether you "care" whether or not it actually exists. That's why apatheists are merely very non-militant atheists.
>>
>>963190
She's a black wewuz womyn with med features.
Still black.
>>
>>963238
>>963341
>caring about the racial representation of a fucking fictional being in an obscure comic

Go mewl somewhere else
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.