[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Otto von Bismark was the best politician ever >Turns all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: jerry.jpg (38 KB, 352x480) Image search: [Google]
jerry.jpg
38 KB, 352x480
>Otto von Bismark was the best politician ever
>Turns all of europe against him with his blatant war mongering
>Loses the colony game without trying

This guy is a bigger meme then churchill
>>
>>957360
>describing a historical figure in 3 greentext

Your post is an even bigger meme than he was
>>
>>957360
>Turns all of Europe against him with his blatant war mongering
Fought several years just to unify Germany then established a balance of power in Europe that existed until Wilhelm 2 joined the aggressive grab for colonies. He was actually pretty based, but his system of alliances could attribute to the bigger problem of WW1 (which was a direct result of Wilhelm 2's war mongering, not Bismarck's).
>Loses the colony game without trying
Why play it?
>>
>>957360
>then
>>
>>957372
>Change 'years' to 'wars' my bad.
>>
>>957372
Yeah it was wilhelm's fault for building ships, it wasn't the invasion of denmark, austria, and france that made every one except turks and hasburgs side against germany

infact the 2nd kaiser riech was brought down by this balance of power you're talking about and its existence was an insult to it and peace
>>
File: ww1.png (245 KB, 444x638) Image search: [Google]
ww1.png
245 KB, 444x638
>germans
>>
>>957395
Never implied it worked. Germany was doomed for a world war from the start since collective security wasn't a thing yet and the balance of power radically shifted as France became a second rate power.
Willhelm's shit policies and further aggression essentially broke the camel's back.
I still don't think it's fair to denounce Bismarck though, as he was a cutthroat politician that unified Italy-tier states into one of the strongest European countries and indirectly laid the groundwork for the battle against German Communism.
>>
File: poohisnotimpressed.jpg (13 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
poohisnotimpressed.jpg
13 KB, 320x287
>>957360
Germans. I fucking hate germans. They are the most disgusting people who every lived in Europe. They are just a bunch of barbarians.

I feel a storm of angry naziboos coming soon.
>>
>>957447
I hates Germans and Poles equally.
>>
>>957447
>the most disgusting people who ever lived in Europe
>just a bunch of barbarians

I think you mean the Irish, family.
>>
File: Rundgemälde_Europa_1849.jpg (604 KB, 1574x1209) Image search: [Google]
Rundgemälde_Europa_1849.jpg
604 KB, 1574x1209
>>957438
Prussia already controlled all the german states before he even came to power, he didn't do any thing except invade a bunch of people and call it unification

Lets pretend austria moves to invade the balkans and prussia hasn't declared war on any one for 100 years, would any one really given a shit? The germans invaded people on their way to invade people, you would have to be insane to not oppose them
>>
File: 1446002143701.png (98 KB, 302x187) Image search: [Google]
1446002143701.png
98 KB, 302x187
>>957447
Frenchy please go
>>
>>957447
triggered slav detected
>>
>>957447
>t. butthurt Frenchie/Pollack
/his/ needs some flags.
>>
>>957573
This, but only for Frenchies and Polacks. The rest of us will stay anonymous.
>>
>>957360
That wasn't him you dingus, that was Willy

Get your shit straight
>>
>>957447
Sincerely, buttsuicided wallon
>>
>>957360
>This guy is a bigger meme then churchill
No one is a bigger meme than Churchill

He gets 1000 documentaries a year and a shout out at the 2012 olympics and literally 99% of historians hate him and think he fucked everything up

He was a shitty Military commander (Gallipoli), he completely fucked up the Middle East in his career from Egypt to Iran (Along with a few other diplomats like Sykes and Eisenhower), he only came to prominence in WWII because the Conservatives and Liberals united for Chamberlain fucked shit up, he didn't really enact any domestic policies or command any troops he just existed and even in WWII the UK was a less a factor than the US and USSR.

Bismarck at least led to the creation of Germany and fermented and protected the German Bourgeoisie so they could make profits internationally while not being invaded by the UK which had a more ingrained and wealthier bourgeoisie.
>>
>>957604
>He was a shitty Military commander (Gallipoli)
Wasn't this a bungle up outside of his direct influence? He told them to hurry the fuck up, but the admirals didn't listen. I'd pin this on them.
>>
>>957888
That's my understanding. He basically told them not to worry about losing all their old, obsolete battleships and just charge through, but the admirals all got sentimental about the ships that many had served on as junior officers and tried to protect them instead. This slowed down the operation, causing the disaster we all know.
>>
>>957395
>Yeah it was wilhelm's fault for building ships
Actually it was. There's a difference between building ships and building a navy largest enough to potentially challenge British naval supremacy.

>it wasn't the invasion of denmark, austria, and france that made every one except turks and hasburgs side against germany
Read up on the Alliance of the Three Emperors please, Russia was more than willing to work with Germany until it went to France after Willy screwed the pooch.

>was brought down by this balance of power you're talking about and its existence was an insult to it and peace
And the alternative was what exactly? Somehow gaining dominance on the continent before WWI? Good luck.
>>
>>957888
>>957951
The flaw was that he wanted his troops to go up a steep hill where the ottomans were. Even without the battleships it was a fucked mission
>>
>>957360
>Hes up there
>No he didnt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_of_Berlin
>The congress where he ended the prejudices that Germany was agressive
http://ibatpv.org/projects/germany/2ndreich/bismarckian_alliance_system.htm
>Only the French

>Well you could call Elsas-Lothringen a colony :^)
>>
>>957360
I really wonder how things would have turned out for Germany if Frederick III had ruled longer.
>>
>>957579
>>957535
>implying germanboos aren't even more of a pain in the ass
>>
>>958959
>>
>>958959
I never see these alleged Germanboos shit up France or (lol) Poland threads.

Pierres and Wladislaws really ought to be range-banned from /his/.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.