[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ ian_Civil_War hehehe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Civil_War

heheheheheh "bearly"
>>
File: solzhenitsyn.jpg (466 KB, 722x463) Image search: [Google]
solzhenitsyn.jpg
466 KB, 722x463
>Russian Civil War

You mean the Jewish-Russian War.
>>
>>956742
whats the deal with being retarded, pal?
>>
File: 1417362953424.gif (486 KB, 238x155) Image search: [Google]
1417362953424.gif
486 KB, 238x155
>>956753

>the greatest human slaughter of all time

inb4 muh 60 gorillion, muh mao
>>
>>956742
Why wast the idea of democracy every thrown around in russia? They went straight from Monarchy to Commie without even trying democracy.

>inb4 muh duma
>>
>>956808

You can't go from being a literal empire ruling over several hundred ethnic minorities who would all declare independence the moment they were given a chance to a democracy m8
>>
>>956742
>>956753

russkies love conspiratorial thinking. that's why their tame media can feed them all sorts of convoluted nonsense and they'll believe it.
>>
>>956833
>>956833
I guess this is true, but for the average ethnic russian in Moscow wouldent have letting the other minorities break away and form their own nations while having a democratic country be better than being a communist shit hole? I mean advantage did Tuva bring the average peasant?
>>
>>956808
Democracy isn't exclusive from monarchy and communism
>>
>>956753
>driven by ethnic hatred

[citation needed]

I'm not even a Communist but Solzhenitsyn was a retarded faggot.
>>
>>956841
>convoluted nonsense

You just described marxism
>>
>>956842

>I guess this is true, but for the average ethnic russian in Moscow wouldent have letting the other minorities break away and form their own nations while having a democratic country be better than being a communist shit hole?

Except this is exactly what happened when the USSR tried Glasnost / Perestroika. Everyone declared independence almost immediately. And Russia quickly lost its mantel as being the only world superpower strong enough to challenge the US - and still hasn't regained this title because of their mistake.
>>
>>956869
Standards of living probably would have improved if two bad things hadn't happened in a row.

If all of the state run industries hadn't been seized by oligarchs that went on to dominate the modern politics of Russia.

If Putin hadn't taken over just as the economy was recovering.
>>
>>956871

m8 Putin is the one widely recognized as being the REASON why Russia's economy recovered after the absolute disaster that was Yelstin and the period of "liberalization"
>>
>>956851
Lenin is on record calling ethnic Russians stupid shits.
>>
>>956877
Not him, but their economy only recovered because oil prices shot up. Putin just rode the wave.
>>
>>956886
100% bourgeoisie propaganda
>>
>>956888

like hitler, putin is credited with an economic recovery he actually helped to retard and sabotage
>>
>>956877
Not really.

If you don't believe me, look at what happened to Estonia during the same time period.

>hint: It's actually wealthier than Russia now, despite having no oil
>>
File: 20140722_oilprice1.jpg (537 KB, 1653x1162) Image search: [Google]
20140722_oilprice1.jpg
537 KB, 1653x1162
>>956888
>>956901

you fkin wot m8'
r u avin a gigle?
>>
>>956893
If Maxim Gorky is a bourgeoise to you. According to him Lenin said all Russians are retards and those who aren't must have Jewish blood.
>>
File: t5962c3_clip_image008.gif (12 KB, 552x274) Image search: [Google]
t5962c3_clip_image008.gif
12 KB, 552x274
>>956904
>>
>>956904
>until 2011
>>
>>956926

Except Russia's economy recovered from the collapse of the USSR long before 2003's massive oil spike you know.
>>
File: he fell for the Putin meme.png (47 KB, 1277x625) Image search: [Google]
he fell for the Putin meme.png
47 KB, 1277x625
>>956904
You see how the country next door, with no oil actually outperformed Russia?
>>
>>956938
So did literally everyone in the region.

The recovery in Russia has been much slower and more uneven than the recovery in places whose governments do things other than organized crime.
>>
>>956911

proofs?
>>
File: 1407272875644.jpg (9 KB, 258x225) Image search: [Google]
1407272875644.jpg
9 KB, 258x225
>>956939

>GDP per capita of the world's largest country VS one of the world's smallest countries
>>
>>956949
>one of the world's smallest countries

Eh, bottom quartile.

>he thinks it's normal to have a country break up, and then the parts of the country without oil outperform the ones with oil economically
>he thinks this pattern doesn't hold true for every country in Eastern Europe that managed to free themselves from the toxic influence of the FSB
>>
>>956938
M8 an oil spike happened in the late 90s after several years of prices tanking. They had to devalue the ruble in '98.
>>
>>956956

Maybe I should word it differently

>gdp PER CAPITA of the world's largest country VS one of the world's smallest countries

You should know why per capita stats are generally shit in regards to comparing anything other than extremely similar circumstances. Outliers fuck it all up.
>>
>>956960

>M8 an oil spike happened in the late 90s after several years of prices tanking

The spike caused by Kuwait was negligible and only caused oil to spike by an extra 10 dollars
>>
Russian growth rates are so closely tied to oil prices it's not even funny. Go ask /biz/.

Basically, collapse of the USSR, Russian rebound in 1999, current reserve crisis, that shit has nothing to do with Gorbatschev, Yeltsin or Putin. It's all that fucking oil.
>>
File: lec10_8oil.gif (16 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
lec10_8oil.gif
16 KB, 500x309
>>
>>956961
>he thinks that there isn't such a thing as Gini coefficient
>he thinks that GDP per capita isn't the single best general purpose economic indicator
>he thinks it's a coincidence that Poland, East Germany, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and pretty much everyone outside of the immediate Soviet sphere of influence or the Balkans improved dramatically once they threw off their shit governments, embraced democracy, and fled into the NATO/EU sphere of influence

Face it.

Putin a shit.

"Strong leader" is a meme.

FSB is cancer.
>>
>>956974
>>956971

Nothing here even remotely matches up since you're the one saying that the 1999 rebound coincided with the lowest period of oil prices in recent times.
>>
>>956978
Look at the tank in 98.
>>
>>956976

>satellite states become better off when they declare independence from their former empire and are no longer satellite states

Yeah no shit.
>>
>>956980

That graph is of oil prices...Not Russia's GDP
>>
>>956982
See, and Russia could have had that too.

But they managed to drag defeat from the gaping jaws of victory.
>>
>>956886
So? There was no mass murder of Russians because they were Russians in the USSR.

Lenin's personal prejudices are irrelevant.
>>
>>956753
Lol what, where do you live?

Stalin is pretty well known to be a genocidal dictator here in Ontario
>>
>>956985
Yes. Russia's rebound started in 1999, coinciding with Putin assuming office.
>>
>>956989

>See, and Russia could have had that too.

Do you not know what the definition of "empire" is?
The USSR was very much just a continuation of the Russian Empire under a new political ideology
>>
>>956993
There was no mass murder of Russians because they were Russian during the nazi invasion.

Hitler's personal prejudices are irrelevant.
>>
>>957002

>There was no mass murder of Russians because they were Russian during the nazi invasion.

/pol/ plez go
>>
>>957009
If your IQ wasn't under 1000 you'd realize I was just applying the same retarded logic as you to demonstrate how wrong you are.

Apparently I overestimated your intelligence.
>>
>>957020

Not the same anon so I thought you were being serious. Carry on.
>>
>>957000
>he thinks that empires are economically viable when all of the high income jobs are in services and repression/political unrest does hideous things to a high income economy

Hint, there's a reason that all of the countries on the planet that have a GDP per capita above 20 grand a year and aren't oil rich are democracies.

It's virtually impossible to maintain economic stability, high levels of education, and trade links and prevent capital flight if you're stuck in 18th century enlightened despotism bullshit.

Hence why the goons in charge of Taiwan, Korea, and Singapore made sure to make some gestures to keep the masses happy.
>>
>>957046

Except here's one word that pretty much invalidates everything you just said:

China.
>>
>>957046
Singapore nigger.
>>
>>956911
Not the guy you were talking to but can you give me a citation so that I can use it for my purposes?
>>
>>957053
China isn't a high income country though.

They're pretty poor.

South Korea and Taiwan were also dictatorships during the early stages of their economic development.

Once you get into the 15-20k range, democratic institutions become necessary for a lot of different functions.

It's hard to have a state repression apparatus going on when all of the potential economic growth comes from a college educated workforce. They'll either change the system, or just leave.

Besides, corrupt institutions scare off foreign investment and fuck with domestic economics.

Finally, you become a political liability.

If they're pumping and dumping you for cheap resources or manufacturing jobs, it doesn't matter, but with a really developed economy, you really can't afford to be a pariah state. Too much shit you need from other countries.

Russia is currently suffering from the confluence of all of these factors.

Corrupt institutions smothering business (look up the ease of doing business index if you don't believe me) capital flight, brain drain, and terrible foreign relations.

These things smother economies.
>>
>>957066
There's a reason even those guys have a parliament, don't rig their elections, and let opposition people into their seats.

Once you become rich, the proper means for state repression are hidden constitutional/political mechanics, business ties, and the very sparing use of legal mechanisms to attack your opponents financially.
>>
>>957077
Albert Lindemann: Antisemitism before the Holocaust

Can't be arsed to look the page up.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.