[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should the first twenty Medals of Honor, which were awarded for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 1446652949986.jpg (55 KB, 880x558) Image search: [Google]
1446652949986.jpg
55 KB, 880x558
Should the first twenty Medals of Honor, which were awarded for the massacre of women and children at Wounded Knee, be rescinded?
>>
>>953081
No, if Aryan supremacy has taught us anything, Vikings massacring hapless civilians is the peak of honor and a warrior culture.

I am proud America has carried on that proud tradition of slaying helpless people.
>>
We should keep it as a reminder of how far our attitudes have come

trying to smudge out the awful parts of our history harms us further
>>
No because this isn't Germany.
>>
>>953155
>>953175
Damn straight. Not even american but no one should just deny the reality of their past, or unilaterally judge the people of different era's as if they existed in the modern world
>>
>thinking Americans give two shits about those indian bastards

>thinking we wouldn't do it to them again for 40 medals of honor
>>
>>953193
Hell I'd go out and slaughter an Indian right now if you promised me a Medal of Honor.
>>
>>953081
Why is the medal of honor a Satanic star?
>>
>>953081

They were awarded to 6 Union raiders during the Civil War. If you ever saw the old film The General, then you know the story.

I don't give a shit about Indians or things that happened in the past. To put a Marxist spin on all this, though the history is important, rescinding those supposed award won't do anything to help the material circumstances of natives now. This is like the chimpout at Missou when they thought trying to get rid of that statue of Thomas Jefferson would really do anything. It's fuggin stupid.
>>
>>953185

Presentism is some shit and just shows that people are unwilling to judge without viewing things critically. It riles me up.
>>
File: San_Pellegrino_water.jpg (83 KB, 560x627) Image search: [Google]
San_Pellegrino_water.jpg
83 KB, 560x627
>>953265
Because you're a moron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM9G1YoiKUk
>>
>>953081
>Should long dead people be have their medals rescinded for doing nothing wrong
What reservation did you post this thread from OP
>>
>>953296
> This is like the chimpout at Missou when they thought trying to get rid of that statue of Thomas Jefferson would really do anything.
Actually it would, because it is in a public space. However, got 99.999% of people, you would have to look up this factoid about medals of honor.

On the other hand, they're dead, so who really gives a shit. It will still be in the books that they got a medal. They'll just have an asterisk or be moved to an appendix.

The real issue is when it takes away from the real issues.
>>
File: Uncle_Sam.jpg (16 KB, 285x425) Image search: [Google]
Uncle_Sam.jpg
16 KB, 285x425
>>953081
No. Fuck off.
>>
>>953081
Eh, there are only like, twenty Indians left, so I don't see why it matters so much to people.
>>
>>953336
the star on your bottle is not upside down
>>
File: justin-barnhill.jpg (87 KB, 884x1338) Image search: [Google]
justin-barnhill.jpg
87 KB, 884x1338
>killing women
>not worthy of a medal

Hi roastie.
>>
>>955504
You seem to be lost, reddit9k. Here, let me help:

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>955531
>>>/tumblr/

Roasties are not allowed on 4chan.
>>
Yes. Killing 25 of your own troops+unarmed women and children is nothing to be proud about.
Why are Americans so duplicitous about theyre history?
>>
>>955551
See >>955504
>>
>>955452
Good observation. You're still a moron.
>>
Nope
>>
>>955442
kek
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.