[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it fair to say that Egypt was the true heir to Alexander out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Is it fair to say that Egypt was the true heir to Alexander out of the successor kingdoms, and a true Hellenic nation?
>>
>>946563
I think using the term "egypt" is a broad term.

Ptolemaic Kingdom within Egypt adapted it's native customs and it's Hellenic culture for 300 years.
>>
File: NEVEREVER.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
NEVEREVER.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
Fuck off normie Egypt is NOT HELLENIC.
>>
>>946563
No, it was obviously Macedonia.
>>
There is a country called Macedonia, you know?
>>
>>946563
>not Epirus
>>
>>946597
>>946612
>irrelevant shithole
>not even the most powerful in their region
>>
>>946563
So hol' up...so you be sayin'...WE WUZ GREEKS N' SHIED?
>>
How are inbred gyppolovers the heirs of Alexander? Seleukus had a good claim due to his city building and good relations with the natives. Alexander wished to mix the Greek and eastern worlds and the Seleukid dynasty descended from the marriage of the Macedonian Seleukus and his eastern wife Apamea.
>>
>>946734
>Joke
>Your head

People like you are the reason this board's a shithole.
>>
>>946563
I think its fair to say Ptolemaic Egypt was the most baller of the successor kingdoms
>>
>>946563
Yes, that's fair.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.