[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Good people who just got carried away.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: MadMaxRobespierre.jpg (135 KB, 800x1014) Image search: [Google]
MadMaxRobespierre.jpg
135 KB, 800x1014
>>
>>942114
There's no "good" and "bad" when we're dealing with the Revolution, --- only plebeian instincts in power, and their result.
>>
>>942114
I get aroused every time I think about that slimy fuck getting killed, screaming in agony
>>
>>942128
I get aroused thinking about that one aristocrat bitch who pathetically begged for just one more moment of life as she was dragged to the guillotine.
>>
>>942133
She did literally nothing wrong. She was a good Christian who is now in paradise while Robespierre is writing in the pits of hell.
>>
File: muhalesia.jpg (136 KB, 550x380) Image search: [Google]
muhalesia.jpg
136 KB, 550x380
>>
>>942147
>implying robespierre wasn't a latter day christ-figure who wished to root out wickedness in the high places and proclaim freedom to the captives
>>
He literally did nothing wrong.

Terror is the only way to lead the people to virtue.

You want to live in the Republic of Virtue, right anons?
>>
>>942114
Robespierre did absolutely nothing wrong.
>>
>>942165
>>942171
Reminder that republics, democracy, and """""""""""""""""""""""""""freedom""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" have no virtue
>>
>>942173
Reactionary tards to the guillotine.
>>
>>942161
>root out wickedness
>have nuns executed for refusing to take off their habits and renounce their Catholic faith
>have innocent people executed merely for once being aristocrats

sounds just like Jesus!!
>>
all fucking nobles must fucking hang
>>
>>942179
>>942175
>dude totally nothing lmao XD
Back to /reddit/
>>
>>942165
The Terror wasn't his fault. It was already in full swing before he even held any kind of position that enabled it because the Girondins were the ones who legislated it all into existence as part of their crackpot conspiracy theories re: Austria and the Habsburgs. This was worsened by the war they fucking started which set the attitude in the streets when the French were in full retreat at the beginning phases of the war. Jacques Pierre Bristol was an incompetent, crazy fuckwad who started most of it, and Danton would've escalated the terror had he had the chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGvbEOSFle0
>>
File: 129958-004-C9B8B89D.jpg (18 KB, 343x450) Image search: [Google]
129958-004-C9B8B89D.jpg
18 KB, 343x450
>>
File: 1453512647376.jpg (21 KB, 335x437) Image search: [Google]
1453512647376.jpg
21 KB, 335x437
>>
File: enver.jpg (25 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
enver.jpg
25 KB, 250x355
>>
File: Kaiser.jpg (224 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
Kaiser.jpg
224 KB, 500x661
>"Come on, just one more battleship..."
>>
Terror was crucial in preserving the revolution desu. Sure some innocent people might have been killed but you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet.
>>
>>942176
More to do with his literal Incorruptibility than anything else
>>
>>942128
>Robespierre tried to kill himself with a pistol but managed only to shatter his lower jaw,[73] although some eyewitnesses[74] claimed that Robespierre was shot by Charles-André Merda.
>For the remainder of the night, Robespierre was moved to a table in the room of the Committee of Public Safety where he awaited execution. He lay on the table bleeding profusely until a doctor was brought in to attempt to stop the bleeding from his jaw.
>When clearing Robespierre's neck, the executioner tore off the bandage that was holding his shattered jaw in place, causing Robespierre to produce an agonized scream until the fall of the blade silenced him.[76]

Holy fuck I never knew this. Fucking hell this is brutal.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.