[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this? Was he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1455382592156.jpg (44 KB, 840x354) Image search: [Google]
1455382592156.jpg
44 KB, 840x354
What did he mean by this?
Was he right?
>>
>>940015
For the most part.

Example: Communism was created to be a utopia of pure equality and no poverty.

Result?: Millions dead
>>
>>942195
Communism on paper works (as with almost any ideology). Communism was meant to be for the working class, they would vote to have individuals represent them in the government. Eventually the state would "wither away" once the state became self sufficient. Communism in the pragmatic sense never work because certain individuals would use it as a means to rally the masses behind them to establish an autocracy.
>>
>>942213
exactly, every utopian dream needs to be imposed on others which sends people down a dark path
>>
>>940015
Think of what can be said as the law of binary opposition, or there are always two sides to an argument. One man's utopia is another man's dystopia. In another sense, humanity's attempts to create a better version of itself, always has a cost. There must must be some sacrifice. To make a $600 iphone requires what is essentially slave labour to build it.
>>
He meant that the HRE was hell.
>>
>>942195
>>942213
>>942222
>I have an entry level understanding of history and politics
>>
>>942367
Enlighten me with your profound knowledge.
>>
File: Smug Frog.png (281 KB, 495x597) Image search: [Google]
Smug Frog.png
281 KB, 495x597
>>942353
The what?
>>
>tfw some of his last words in a deranged state were
>Hegel.....
>The Absolute
>>
File: HRE.jpg (4 MB, 3840x3840) Image search: [Google]
HRE.jpg
4 MB, 3840x3840
>>942387
>>
>>942736
aesthetically pleasing autism tbf
>>
>>940015

What a dull thing to say, might as well something like water is wet and fire is hot. Humans are not going to stop making Earth their heaven anytime soon, Mr Armchair philosopher.
>>
File: 1450844031731.jpg (260 KB, 452x572) Image search: [Google]
1450844031731.jpg
260 KB, 452x572
>>942425
I guess you could say these guys were a bunch of Absolute madmen
>>
>>942387

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HRE

Pick your poison
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.