[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you guys help me into Taoism? I've been reading the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Zhuangzi-Butterfly-Dream.jpg (42 KB, 384x296) Image search: [Google]
Zhuangzi-Butterfly-Dream.jpg
42 KB, 384x296
Can you guys help me into Taoism?

I've been reading the Tao Te Ching a bit and some of it speaks to me. The "Wu wei" concept particularly resonated.

I need some better interpretations and more viewpoints on it though.
>>
You need to do less
>>
Stop complicating all this, and watch the sunset
>>
>>936035
We cannot help explain it to you. Either you will figure it out or you won't. Step 1: stop searching for new info.
>>
>>936104
underrated post
>>
one of my favorite passages

The greatest Virtue is to follow Tao and Tao alone.
The Tao is elusive and intangible.
Oh it is intangible and elusive, and yet within is image.
Oh it is elusive and intangible, and yet within is form.
Oh it is dim and dark, and yet within is essence.
This essence is very real, and therein lies faith.
From the very beginning until now its name has never been forgotten.
Thus I perceive the creation.
How do I know the ways of creation?
Because of this.

>>
>>937152
孔德之容,唯道是从。
道之为物,唯恍唯惚。
忽兮恍兮,其中有象;
恍兮忽兮,其中有物。
窈兮冥兮,其中有精;
其精甚真,其中有信。
自古及今,其名不去,
以阅衆甫。
吾何以知衆甫之状哉?以此。
>>
>>937204
and what am i supposed to do with this?
>>
>>937209
What did we tell you before, friend?
>>
>>937209
it is the same passage but in the original
just showing you that the poetry and form is lost in translation
you know literary stuff
>>
>>937210
>>937216
thanks
*tips katana
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.