[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has excessive altruism toward groups of foreigners in a civilization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Oldie.gif (441 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
Oldie.gif
441 KB, 500x279
Has excessive altruism toward groups of foreigners in a civilization ever been a determinant factor in the collapse of said civilization?
>>
How is it altruistic if it's benefiting the economy?
>>
>>1119250
Benefiting the economy =/= Benefiting the people of a nation
>>
>>1119276
>Premodern states.
>Nations
See, this is why it was even more possible back then.
>Be Nation state
>Acquire shitload of foreigners
>MUH-MUH CULTURE
>Citizens do have a point.

>Be Empire/Kingdom/Hegemony.
>Acquire foreigners.
>Good. More subjects.
>>
This thread is /pol/-bait. Report and move on.
>>
>>1119299
I'm tired of you fucking morons. I'm just asking a question, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>1119308
No, OP. It hasn't. You don't have to be afraid of muslims anymore.
>>
>>1119316
Where did I mention Muslims, you oversensitive cunt? I'm asking in general.
>>
>>1119276
So what you're saying is that multinational states have never succeeded
>>
>>1119234
Well, once climate change really gets going we're going to find out.
>>
>>1119234
You could argue this sort of happened with the Roman empire and, to an extent, Austria-Hungary, the first inviting a bunch of tribes to settle their land, the second giving special rights to a minority, which led to all the other minorities being pissed.

If this is /pol/ bait, well, it remains to be seen.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.