[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were states a mistake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1011px-German_Reich_1942.svg.png (277 KB, 1011x1024) Image search: [Google]
1011px-German_Reich_1942.svg.png
277 KB, 1011x1024
Were states a mistake?
>>
They made sense at the time.

Now they are becoming more and more irrelevant, interestingly.
>>
better than a patchwork of warlords
>>
File: What I Germany.png (225 KB, 780x408) Image search: [Google]
What I Germany.png
225 KB, 780x408
The German one was.
HRE for life!
>>
>>932711
nah, they're a step in human cultural evolution towards one world anarchism
>>
>>932765
>H
>R
>E
>>
>>932788
>towards one world anarchism
t.edgy 16 years old
>>
>>932788
t. Marxtard
>>
>>933500
>>933504
Memes>arguments

Am i right? Prove me wrong if not
>>
>>932711
No, prestate peoples were (and still are) much more violent.
>>
>>933526
Marxism is a meme.
>>
>>932711
Probably not?
>>
>>932711
Yes. Well, Poland was.
>>
>>932711

no. Marxism and "property and owning things is spooks!" mentality is retarded.
>>
File: 1458789314440.jpg (53 KB, 537x399) Image search: [Google]
1458789314440.jpg
53 KB, 537x399
>>932711
States? No. They are just organized central authority over people. If you want anything worthwhile getting done, you need some kind of authority.

Their legitimation however?
This is where it gets interesting. For a long time we had states with rulers who had some "god given right to rule".

Now most have "the backing of the ["majority" of the] people" in a modern democracy.

Funnily, we also see that institutions like private businesses, enterprises, firms, companies, etc. work way more efficient since part of their actions are to stay alive, whereas a state still has some kind of right to exist ("for the American/German/British/etc Go- I mean people" or whatever they come up with in the future).

So, naturally no one wants too many states since they have no inherent incentive to act rationally. The current trend is to form supranational organizations like the EU, ASEAN and that pan-american one I always forget the name of. So that governmental inefficiency is kept at a centralized minimum.
This is my personal opinion on it, anyway. Maybe it is just Nationalism 2.0 - Continentalism edition.

That level and speed of centralization are currently the reason why we have so much pro and contra propaganda in the EU. Not to mention the inherent legitimation "for the European people" is on very thin ice, since it is neither
>European
>united
nor
>democratic

Not to mention the different types of states. For example France has a very centralized state, whereas the USA have a federal system. Both states kind of work, but so far the EU is driving on the french model of state policy when they should move on the American one, imo.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.