[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
European achievements? Don' you mean Ottoman achievements?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 20
European achievements? Don' you mean Ottoman achievements?
>>
File: john green prose.jpg (63 KB, 600x751) Image search: [Google]
john green prose.jpg
63 KB, 600x751
>>
keep john green shitposting to /lit/
>>
>>931974
This guy is an annoying self-important twat.
>>
>>931985
Self-important how?
>>
>>931974

how is it possible for one man to be equally hated by lit, his, and pol?
>>
>>931978
What's wrong with this
>>
>>931995
Preaching anti-european lies?
>>
>>931997
are you serious
>>
>>931974
Don't you mean Mongolian achievements?
>>
>>931995
Even tumblr hates him.
>>
>>931995
Be a bad writer, a bad historian with a white guilt complex, and an she all at once is how.
>>
>>932016
>an she all
Sjw. Fucking auto correct
>>
>>931978
haven't we all written some embarrassing shit in high school
>>
>>932024
He was 27
>>
>>932024
The man was well past highschool when he wrote that.
>>
>>932035
>>932036
My god

Was it written for pre-teens?
>>
>>931978
I don't have a fedora big enough
>>
>>931974

Just a reminder

>John is obsessed with this one girl in college
>he ask her out on a date
>she goes on 2 dates with him out of pity before telling him she doesnt want to date him
>they go their separate ways
>few years later, John hits it big time with his books
>this woman just so happens to realize how much she likes him and they marry
>>
>>931978
Not that bad desu
>>
>>932041
As a matter of fact yes. Imagine a writer who lives off of a fanbase of every single cliche-loving 12 year old girl and you've basically got him.
>>
>>931978
This is the only thing from any John Green book i've read and I like it
>>
>>931978
I'm really scared for this guy. Hes so invested in this idolization of this 6 he pined for and married that he'll absolutely kill himself when she divorces him.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 480x232) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 480x232
>>931974
>watched bits of crash course world history out of morbid curiousity
>legitimately wanted to kill myself afterwards
>"ONLY THE MONGOLS"
>"The Romans killed Jesus because he was a threat to their power. Jews didn't factor into the equation."
>"Women under the Caliphate actually had rights unlike under the Byzantines. What do you mean Roman law allowed for female inheritance and Empress Irene was a sovereign political leader? Are you a racist?"
>>
>>931995
I don't hate him. I actually like it that he wants to change the world for the better in his own way. Too many people just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>932179
>Women under the Caliphate actually had rights unlike under the Byzantines

holy shit, so did any other woman in the catholic church. More even because secular laws like you mentioned
>>
>>932182
That line was in the middle of his video and I had to close the browser, turn off the computer and go for a long walk contemplating the future of humanity.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I couldn't believe I perserved his one episode on the Roman Empire that basically shit talked and called it useless for fifteen minutes.
>>
>makes a video about "dark ages" in europe
>spends 95% of the time talking about the islamic caliphate and how the "dark ages" weren't so dark after all while europeans were basically barbarian monkeys

cuck
>>
>>932047
As if being an islam fifth columnist wasn't enough proof, this confirms his cuck status.
>>
EUROPE? DOING ANYTHING? NONSENSE! IT WAS THE MONGOLS/ARABS/CHINESE/AFRICAN KINGDOMS OR MAYBE EVEN THE NATIVE AMERICANS!
t. John Green
>>
>>932205
CHARLEMAGNE ISN'T REAL
>>
>>931974

"EUROPE DINDU NUFFIN"-John Green
>>
>>932048
>>932135
>>932181
John please
>>
>>932193
>ROME
>USELESS
FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING BASTARD THEY ARE THE REASON THAT EUROPEAN CULTURE IS EUROPEAN CULTURE! IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE ROMANS YOUR WHOLE WAY OF LIFE WOULDN'T EXIST.
>>
>>932199
And he states the 'king' as the ultimate authority in the 'Dark Ages' - no emperor, no pope, leave alone god.

Shit's so dumb.
>>
Modern Science
>>
>>932181
>I actually like it that he wants to change the world for the better in his own way

The road to hell is paved with cuck intentions
>>
>>931974
Ottoman achievements are European achievements because any Turk worth a shit was of European descent
>>
>>932223
It really depends what he means by Dark Ages.
Kings were still powerful around 500-700, then their authority was reduced to very little for centuries minus Charlemagne.
Even then, the Merovingian or Ostrogoth were not "ultimate authority".
>>
>>932299
He's talking about the Dark Ages and comparing it to the Muslim world in its prime - note there is not a single overview over the Middle Ages as such. One can assume that he uses the term 'Dark Ages' and 'Middle Ages' synonymous.
>>
>>932347
>One can assume that he uses the term 'Dark Ages' and 'Middle Ages' synonymous.
Confirmed moron. Dark Ages are a thing in England and England alone. Eternal anglos spreading their memes. We know more about what was happening in Roman lands in 550 than in 250.
>>
>>932455
But still not as much as 850.
>>
does he actually claim mozart was black or not?
>>
>>931997
>>932135
>>932048

Really read the words. Don't just skim through it and get the general idea from it, actually read the words.
>>
>watch random video of his
>spends half of the time discussing how calling ruler "great" is misogynistic
Why are you posting this retard here?
>>
>>932295
>where you come from matters guys even if you lived your whole life in a different culture

Step faggot
>>
>now that it's not convenient Turkey isn't European to leftists anymore
>>
>>932781
How was it ever convenient? The military working as a moderating influence on government isn't exactly a contemporary liberal or leftist ideal.
>>
>>932568
>bottom bunk
I see.
>>
>>932179
Reminder that he believes the Haitian Revolution is more important to history than the American Revolution. I LIKE learning about the Haitian Revolution but that's mostly because everyone involved is either a massive fuck up or an awful human being that ruined Haiti before it ever had a chance.
>>
File: image.png (50 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50 KB, 500x386
>>932179
>Alexander the great episode
>doesn't talk about Alexander the Great
>>
John green is very popular amongst many high school students and my younger brothers watch many of his vids
Are there any YouTube alternatives concerning periods of history?
>>
>>933627
Lindybeige
>>
>>933630
I like him too. I don't agree with everything he says but he seems like a good enough guy.
Also a fan of History Buffs (but he only does films, analysing how accurate and authentic they are to the period they depict)
>>
>>932199
Isn't his 19th century nationalism video about Japan?
>>
>>933678
Basically yeah
>>
File: history butts.png (603 KB, 1050x530) Image search: [Google]
history butts.png
603 KB, 1050x530
>>933645
>History Buffs

WE
>>
>>933695
Is that from the old intro? I haven't seen that in any of his videos.
>>
>>933713
No, that's the new intro. His old intro was a drawn out pan through a CGI museum of sorts.
>>
>>933645
>Lindybiege
>a good enough guy
Really? He strikes me like an asshole.
>>
>>933737

Lindyberg is definitely a "that guy"
>>
>>933735
Oh I see now.
Damn, his old intro was way better.
>>
>>932181
Kill yourself
>>
>>933630
He's fucking awful, he can talk about like 2 things without just being either 50 years out of date or just wrong.
>>
I hate this fucking retard
>>
>>933795
After one of his recent videos, where he talks about how he hand-made rope at a renn fair and it was "hard", I've met people who are convinced that rope was worth its weight in gold.
>>
>>931974
To be honest he's not nearly as bad as people say. A lot of people just -really- don't like the way he decides to talk about things in his videos. But their company does actually try and teach people how to study history, which is something even really good channels rarely do.
>>
>>932568
>>933235
I'm not sure if I get it.

Is he a bottom during sex?

Is it an allegory to being bottom in everything?

What?
>>
>>932179
>>932003
>>932199
>>932212
>>932700
>>933612
Does anybody know an alternative to john greens world history crash course, while still being basically a world history crash course? I want to freshen up my /his knowledge, but i lack the time to read tons of books
>>
>>933860

john green is for baby casuals

Dan Carlin is what you want

but check out TedX videos. they have little 5 min infotainment youtube videos on history that arent infested with liberal white guilt shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aq_gRfmjgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfe1wEQzSzM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjO55pKuBo4
>>
>>933695
I just watched Mr. Tumblr-nose's video about The Patriot. He doesn't mention a single historical inaccuracy, just whines that the British are portrayed as bad guys.
>>
>>933860
Sorry pal, unless you want to join the legions of unintentional shitposters that don't know shit, you're gonna have to invest some actual hours in reading stuff. As a general rule, most of the stuff you see on /his/ is from either wiki, something they heard, or some 20 min video that skims on facts and often has a very distinct purpose.
Because let's face it, good history books are often pretty fucking boring.
Hit the books and persevere, there's numerous sights you can download SHITTONS of PDFs from and a half hour every now and then adds up over a week or two.
Go forth and conquer my son.
>>
>>933877
The big issue with books is that a lot of them have really outdated historiography so you might read it but no historian actually thinks what it says anymore.

The field advances too fast to keep up to date everywhere.
>>
>>933760
He has a video explaining why he switched. He agrees with you, but I agree with the change. THe first one was WAY too long. It's a fucking youtube series. I don't want to watch the same drawn out intro every video. Creators have to learn the value of brevity too.
>>
>>933877
shigh, i guess you're right. I'm reading so much stuff right now, but it still is the best way to get actual information. I just have to reorganize my reading list
Any books you'd recomend?

>>933872
I've actually watched some Ted- ed videos and most of them are pretty good, but then again they sometimes tend to tell very one sided stories (which are still interesting viewpoints, but i feel that they aren't as well balanced. Eg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NXC4Q_4JVg)
>>
>>933898
But that music and those scenes worked so well together. It really got me pumped.
The new one is just way too cartoony. He should have edited down the old one rather than make a new one.
>>
>>933903
er, quite a wide variety of books there, but the ones i've been cracking through recently have been Blood and Rage, mainly about Terrorism throughout the ages, a friend of mine was taught by the author, and despite being an utter wanker, he had some good conclusions pointing out why and when terroristic acts emerge in societies.
I'm not sure how out of date it is,>>933884 made a good point about how fast the field is changing, but Why The Allies Won by Overy was surprisingly well written and bar one or two iffy conclusions, was pretty funkin' dank.
Other than that, Heart of Europe by Davies was quite good, along with a really accessible that gives a somewhat good history of modern (1700s onwards) Russia that I've forgotten the name of, but the cover was that big statue with the man and woman covered in the red flag.
Rule of thumb is make certain the author's not a hack (google them and spend 10 or so minutes on non-wikipedia sites for this) and generally the more recent it is the better. Some history books are utter memes in serious discussion though. [spoiler] Niall Ferguson [/spoiler]
>>
>>933978
well the spoiler didn't work but you get my drift.
>>
>>933978
The speed of change isn't helped by the fact a lot, and I mean a lot of authors don't seem to be that interested in being up to date anyway.

I recall speaking to an ottoman historian not long ago and he was so dismissive of books about the empire it was unreal.
>>
>>933993
>I recall speaking to an ottoman historian not long ago and he was so dismissive of books about the empire it was unreal.
I know what you mean, there's a professor I know with an uncanny and utterly worrying knowledge of Medieval city layout, structure, planning, building materials, sanitation, the whole scha-bang, but he refuses to even entertain certain books/views/ historians.
It's getting to the stage where I'm not quite sure what to believe/ if any of it is even true or just a bunch of old boys wasting their remaining years away.
>>
>>934018
desu it's why I've basically given up on the term historical accuracy. Becuase at this point history is so difficult to pinpoint that unless you're bringing in some really hardcore academics you may just be being accurate to popular myths... and even with the academics you may end up with a different fictionalised account.
>>
>>933993
>>934018
as an aside, I can't be the only one who finds the turkroach tier shitposting and constant shitting over anything vaguely Ottoman related really juvenile/ idiotic?
>>
>>934031
I think it's something that's pretty common all over in the infomation age, that there's so much stuff, in terms of conflicting facts, different sources of interpretation and 'sources' out there that verifying anything at all is near to impossible. Shit's positively postmodern in some ways.
>>
File: 3d2.png (407 KB, 570x489) Image search: [Google]
3d2.png
407 KB, 570x489
>>933695
>history buff
>portrays cleopatra as nigger
even without that though, he belongs in the trash, his vids are garbage
>>
>>934049
desu I think history as a field is finally starting to shake off a lot of the really stupid shit that victorian era "historians" just made up.

There's so much shit that if you trace it back to it's first mention it's just some guy who wrote about it and then people started writing about him and his actual "evidence" isn't even there.
>>
>>934066
Literally the Druidism and most neo-paganistic type fucks.
Ah well, good thing my field only has to rely on stuff from the 20th and early 19thC B^)
>>
>>934080
Apparantly even a good portion of "popular" i.e. well known ottoman history is at -best- sourced as "someone in the 1800s read something coontemporary and then decided that it must also have been true in the 1500-1600s" and -no one- questioned it at the time.
>>
>>931978
Holy cucking cuck!
What a cuck!!
>>
>>932175
>>934273
That's from a fiction book he wrote
>>
>>933872
>first video
>less than ten seconds in, there's Liberty Leading the People when the video is about THE revolution
>>
>>934055
agreed
>>
>>934478
because all leads to the best of the possible worlds that is when we live now. this is and will ever be in every era and in every place.
>>
>15 minute dark ages video
>spends like 2 minutes talking about how shit european peasants lives were and the rest about how great Islam is
>>
>>931974

Reminder that John got BTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLBws-4kzG8
>>
File: 1378493552468.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1378493552468.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>934679
He's like the protagonist of "Submission" by Houellebecq
>>
>>934689
This guy makes sense but I would warn to take anything he says with a bit of skepticism. He has entire videos saying why Islam is everything wrong with the world. Muslims are Jews to him. He's very biased.
>>
File: john-green.01.31-PM.png (3 MB, 2800x1622) Image search: [Google]
john-green.01.31-PM.png
3 MB, 2800x1622
>>931978
>not posting the full version

>I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together, in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk. Thinking about if people were rain. I was drizzle and she was hurricane.
>>
>>933818
>how to study history

By telling people not to trust his videos as a source?
My historiography class uses his videos, Zimmerman, and Diamond in how not to study history, and my professor is a huge lefty anarchist.
>>
>>934689
>Crusaders Dindu Nuffin Channel
He "debunks" the fact that the crusaders won partly thanks to internal divisions among the muslims by pointing out the visigoths were fighting among themselves when the muslims too Spain. He seems to take this debate as a dickwaving contest about who were better warriors, muslims or christians.
>>
can we stop posting this clown forever here?
>>
>>931974

>See Green threads for months
>Finally open my first video of Green
>find the meme ">Holy >Roman >Empire" joke

I don't even have a reaction image for this....
https://youtu.be/lTTvKwCylFY?t=5m39s
>>
>>934775
There isn't that much differences between this and a know your memes video, holy shit, I didn't know it was so bad.
>>
What is the cringiest video in the crash course video? Just watched the Alexander the Great one and my insides hurt. Looking for more.
>>
>>932257
made me chuckle.
have a (you)
>>
>>934995
His brother is honestly worse.
>>
>>931978
BIBOU
>>
What do you guys think about Extra Credits and their history videos? I don't usually like them but I find their crusade series enjoyable, mainly because they focus on the persons involved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIs5B2U7US0
>>
>>933874
Yeah. I sensed he wasn't being objective with that review.
>>
>>934995
>>935058
I like them both.
>>
File: 481522466.jpg (261 KB, 475x594) Image search: [Google]
481522466.jpg
261 KB, 475x594
>>932175
>Hes so invested in this idolization of this 6 he pined
>this is a 6 in NA
>>
File: m'kay.gif (1 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
m'kay.gif
1 MB, 360x203
He's not that bad
>MFW when I am the only one praising his work
What is so bad about John Green anyway?
>>
>>936233
he's a liberal and liberals are icky

seriously that's all you need to know
if the 4chan hivemind was liberal and john green was a conservative then the same type of bitching would occur
>>
>>931978
just fuck my prose up desu
>>
File: 1459810709054s.jpg (3 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
1459810709054s.jpg
3 KB, 125x120
>>936246
>Be John Green
>Teach History
>Fuck Up Everything
>mfw when no one cares
>>
>>936233
1. no discernible talent
2. he milks teens, trivial in the writing
3. the only thing that he is able to create are flat clichè teen characters
4. his type of political correctness is what pushes people to vote trump
>>
>>936246
Back to /r/eddit matey. Ahistorical bullshit is wrong regardless of what slant. The fact he worships mongols when they BTFO of islamic and chinese culture tells you what a retard this guy is.
>>
>>931974
Why isn't /his/ all over him? He's against /pol/ and also likes the Holy Roman Empire meme.
>>
>>936246
lel nice simplification there
>>
>>931978
his wife's son would be proud.
>>
>>936246
This is true to an extent. John Green is really quite awful, but the reason he's such a lightning rod for hatred on 4chan boils down to his liberalism.
>>
File: 1457851232376.png (305 KB, 850x474) Image search: [Google]
1457851232376.png
305 KB, 850x474
>>931995

>Hey here's some AWESOME HISTORY!

>which I'm never going to put in context and I'm going to omit information and I'm going to ignore other examples of something that I say is bad if it fits my narrative

It's political commentary with a historical twist. He is literally white guilt personified.
>>
>>936677
>>which I'm never going to put in context and I'm going to omit information and I'm going to ignore other examples of something that I say is bad if it fits my narrative

Welcome to being popular on Youtube on any political, ethical, or religious subject. There's plenty of other people with the complete opposite take on political commentary with x twist, and it's all the same.
>>
>>932179
>"The Romans killed Jesus because he was a threat to their power. Jews didn't factor into the equation."
That's probably true, though.
>>
>>934689
John Green is a bad and biased historian, but even he is leagues above the real crusades history dude.
>>
>>933695
>Cleopatra
>A Ptolemaic queen
>black
She was Greek...
>>
>>933588
Reminder that his episode on the Seven Years' War totally omitted any commentary on Prussia.

Also at no point does he mention Peter the Great and the westernization of Russia.
>>
>>936233
I like Crash Course World History too, so you aren't alone.
>>
>>933872
>imperial wars
>napoleon didn't even start most of them
>completely ignore how Britain remained at war the entire time
This one wasn't bad, but most of these videos are horribly biased and leave out information. The Andrew Jackson one is John Green tier
>>
>>936246
Fuck off retard.
I get triggered whenever /pol/ starts spewing it's eurocentric spin on History, especially when they use it to justify European aggression, but Green is just as bad with his anti-Euro rhetoric.
>>
File: 1342817793900.jpg (22 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1342817793900.jpg
22 KB, 195x195
>>931978

>hurricane
>not monsoon

1/10
>>
He's not even talking about that one time, when a Holy Roman Emperor single-handedly stopped the Muslim invasion of Europe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stilo
>>
>>934995
I agree, the Alexander the Great one was terrible. If he wants to do a bit about how women in history have been overlooked, then do a fucking video about it. He barely discussed Alexander due to the fact he first focused on whatever that Kardashian and the Situation bullshit was, then on how history sucks because its all about men.
>>
File: image.png (53 KB, 258x235) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53 KB, 258x235
>>931974
Literally has a
>this kills fascists on his computer

Faggot t bh, s mh, f am
>>
>>931974
Thoughts on his brother?
He seems to make reasonable science videos.
>>
>>935103
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCwVhKocvto
>>
>>936233
He's not totally awful, he's an okay introduction to history (which is exactly what his series tries to do), especially ancient history. The problem is that he spouts a lot of theories as fact, and he's so scared of being branded eurocentric that he became europhobic, which can get pretty grating. Bascially, don't take anything he says at face value, watch his videos for what they are - an introduction to a subject meant to ease you into doing your own research.
>>
File: la femme du jean vert.jpg (44 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
la femme du jean vert.jpg
44 KB, 540x405
>>931978
>>934737

Daily reminder that this is the 4/10 that drove him fucking crazy and he's propping her up as some sort of goddess. I wouldn't fuck her with a stolen dick 2bh lads.
>>
File: sue side.jpg (7 KB, 228x222) Image search: [Google]
sue side.jpg
7 KB, 228x222
>>938208
Consider soo side you fucking faggot
>>
>>938208
>watch his videos for what they are - an introduction to a subject meant to ease you into doing your own research
More like a brief SparkNotes overview of topics that will most likely appear on an AP World History exam after which you will never bother with again. Green and other Youtube infodump channels aren't in the business of making introductions, but replacements for people who don't have the interest or discipline to properly study a lot of history and who just want an easy to remember overview or give them some opinion they can regurgitate for whatever reason.

Not all the different from >>938071 or >>935103
>>
>>937830
It's not like he didn't actually say exactly what he was going for with the video. He was using alexander to discuss this topic, not discussing alexander he outright said this and people keep acting like he didn't make it clear at the start that this wasn't about him.

>>938208
I notice you guys don't get mad about people talking about dark matter as if it's fact when it's tenuous at best.
>>
>>938239
John srs
>>
>>938239
>I notice you guys don't get mad about people talking about dark matter as if it's fact when it's tenuous at best.
It's almost like this is /his/ and not /sci/
>>
>>938250
Then your problem isn't spouting theory as fact, it's the fact you don't like what he's saying.

If it was then you'd be complaining that people don't talk about MOND or other modified gravity theories as well.
>>
>>938261
>Then your problem isn't spouting theory as fact, it's the fact you don't like what he's saying.
Whoa there, maybe I just don't care because it's barely related to the reason I'm on this board and not any other or even on another site.

If I gave two shits about Dark Matter, I'd be somewhere else.
>>
>>938261
Or maybe the difference is that history is a subject for which I have passion and want to learn everything about while science is a subject I'm only casually interested in and study sparingly.
>>
>>932822
Not him but there were quite a few liberals all for having turkey finally get accepted into the EU early on in endrogans reign.
It evaporated really fast though, a few month at most.
>>
>>938295
Liberals aren't leftists, they're right wingers pretending they give a shit.
>>
>>933874

Yes, he does. They show British soldiers burning a church full of people, when that never happened.
>>
File: Patriotaque (44).jpg (163 KB, 450x636) Image search: [Google]
Patriotaque (44).jpg
163 KB, 450x636
>>938295
> mfw when countries like Russia with real leftists in power in the past doesn't care about western liberal nonsense as much as European Union
>>
>>933874
I think he gets annoyed over how evil the english are shown to be. He did talked about inaccuracy with the film as well.
>>
>>937430
It's not, the Pharisees viewed Christ as a reformer, which then they could not take advantage of the Jewish people in Judea, so they got false witnesses and killed him by execution, the Romans did not care, but I bet they did after the burning of Rome
>>
>>938511
>>938337
The limey spent the entire video complaining about the tone, and only mentioned the church burning because it was part of that tone.

Historical fiction is allowed, and sometimes even HAS to make stuff up in order to be watchable. That doesn't make it historically innaccurate.

He doesn't mention any of the real goofs the movie made, like arming a lot of the colonial army with rifles instead of muskets. Heck, in the Conquest of Paradise review he spends most of his time complaining that Columbus wasn't potrayed as a baby-murdering cannibal.

I haven't seen his 300 review but let me guess, he whines about the Spartans talking about freedom when they owned slaves?
>>
>>936233
his videos are aimed at high school students, and especially high school girls. i guess they're fine for that purpose but they just make me cringe when i try to watch them
>>
>>931974
I think he is into femdom. He always has this weird worshipful attitude towards women. Male feminists in general seem to be motivated purely by submissive sexual fantasies, and all the politics is just a means to that end.
>>
>>939330
He focuses more on the events and their accuracy. If you want autistic complaints about gear, you should watch lindybeige
>>
>>939186
90% of Romans were below the poverty line. Romans didn't like it that some communist was arguing that the poor weren't complete shit.
>>
>>935095
Bibouzoned!!
>>
File: dfw.png (187 KB, 291x293) Image search: [Google]
dfw.png
187 KB, 291x293
>>936233
>shit writer
>shit historian
>poor man's DFW
>tries to insert his biases into every single video
>generally annoying
>>
lads I just fugged a 7,5/10 IRL gyppo grill. What do?
>>
>>939987
Romanian, Hungarian or Bulgarian by any chance?
>>
>>939918
Jesus explicitly did not interact with gentiles, he told his apostles to stay within Judea but you know how that turned out.
>>
>>942790
He also told them to convert the whole world
>>
>>939946
He's not a historian, he's just there to present the script
>>
Can you give me link to some of his videos where he spews this bullcrap
And should I watch his videos for kek
>>
All achievements can be traced back to the earliest anthropoids who decided to use their opposable thumbs.
>>
>>931974
>talks about Spanish empire
>''muh genocide''
>talks about English empire
>''omg they were gods''
>>
>western "civilisation" top lel!
>>
>>936661
Underrated comment
>>
>>943868

BEADY
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 495x497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 495x497
>>933812
>mfw I'm a pleb gaoler and haughty nobleman cuts my rope
>>
>constantly focuses on every bad thing Europeans did
>Mongols are funny though lol!
>>
>>931995
By being an SJW hack writer meme historian.

I wonder what's the next step of his master plan.

Developing a shitty indie game to earn the wrath of /v/?

Arguing against 2D loli to earn the wrath of /a/?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>931978
>>931997
>Poor choice of words
>ugly meter (sounds like an attempt at a crappy pop single)
>feigned deepness
>just all out pseud
Pick one.
>>
>it's another "/pol/ has a communal hatewank over John Green" thread
>>
>>936233
His videos are an okay crash course for history but you don't need alot of knowledge to make them. He knows only the bare ideas and fills in the rest with assumptions instead of actually researching the topic.
>>
>>937430
The Jews were more afraid of him and his followers than the Romans. The Romans barely cared. Fuck off, JIDF.
>>
>>939918
Are you fucking retarded? Have you even read the Bible or do you just like to spin random events into fitting your perception?
>>
>>946004
So saying that Romans were probably the ones that were most involved in the execution of this particular jew automatically makes me JIDF.

Right.

Fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>946027
>the Bible
>as a historical source
So you're a christfag. Once again, /pol/ is that way:

>>>/pol/
>>
>>946028
The Pharisees had the most to do with it. Even the Jewish (read: not Roman) chose Barrabas.
>>946038
The Bible is one of the few places where he is mentioned in a relatively first hand account.
>>
Alhamdulillah
>>
>>946051
The Bibles is not historically reliable.

It paints Pilate as a disinterested bureaucrat doing his job in appeasing the Jewish masses, while Roman documents of the time depict him as an atrocious ruler who killed hundreds.

Jesus was just one of many problematic figures to the Roman power from Pilate's view, his execution makes sense even if you remove the Jews from the equation, who may or may not have cared/agreed with it.
>>
>>932047
is it even possible to get rich by writing novels? except for a few really lucky ones with the movie deals and stuff.
>>
>>946074
He got a movie though.

Plus an Internet movement and many YouTube miniseries. If he's the least bit intelligent in managing money, he's swimming in dough.
>>
>>945940
m8 I couldn't give a fuck about him
I literally hadn't heard of him until /pol/tards started crying about his laptop sticker every other day
>>
>>933612
I lost my shit on that one
>>
>>931995
Because in my high school history class I've been shown tons of his videos and he makes me cringe all the fucking time. This guy almost straight up lies about shit in his "crash course history" series and as someone passionate about history, its infuriating.
>>
>>932179
>"Julius Caesar didn't create emperors, the empire created emperors"

DDDDDDUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRr

I see what he is trying to do by applying a broader picture into hitory rather than name dates and such. But his broader pictures suck. Like he fails to mention the age of peace following the end of the Trimuvate Civil War for like 200 years from Augustus to Marcus. He doesn't really talk at all about Gaius Marius or Sulla, or at least not in an unbiased way. He talks shit about the Roman Senate, although they weren't terrible like he says. He doesn't talk about how Caesar cut back on the amount of slaves in the Roman Empire. He says that the Roman Empire had to be constantly at war, even though they really didn't. Etc.... Just over all shit. Wish someone smart would take over and actually give us an interesting bigger picture.
>>
>>946091
what the fuck is he talking about, male authors of love stories are ridiculed to hell, especially if there's any hint of sincerity or wish fulfillment in it. look at how much critics loathe "manic pixie dream girl" stories
>>
File: CGon7Ti.png (110 KB, 605x433) Image search: [Google]
CGon7Ti.png
110 KB, 605x433
>>946872
John green shitposting at its finest
>>
>file deleted

why mods? why?
>>
>mod got so tired of seeing Jew Green's face on the front page he deleted it
>>
>>947927
John sees the criticism he receives as a romance writer and ponders.

"Just imagine what the female writers are going through if I, a white male, am going through this."

Content with having checked his privilege, John continues to write his upcoming vlogbrothers episode. His apology to Mongolian fans of CrashCourse for cultural appropriation of their historical figures had been long overdue. However, he is interrupted as his wife's boyfriend barges in on his room, and asks for sixty dollars to use in his date night.

John isn't happy, for Chad owes him close to four figures already, but he quickly admonishes himself.

"I am a white male after all."

He knows he can make the money back on the video he's working on alone, while Chad is a victim of the racist system of the country as is struggling to find a job.

After wishing him a fun night, John resumes his writing, satisfied with his good actions for the day.
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.