[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are approximately 10% of the threads on this board about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: mistakes.jpg (45 KB, 545x305) Image search: [Google]
mistakes.jpg
45 KB, 545x305
Why are approximately 10% of the threads on this board about Hitler or Nazis?

We have literally all of history to talk about, and yet people are endlessly focused on one very, very brief period of it.
>>
Where do you think you are?
>>
We're in the WW2 phase, wait until we start talking about Big Foot and ancient aliens

Seriously though, the World Wars are way too influential to not be focused on
>>
Better Hitler than Mosley
>>
>>931551
Becuase WW2 was
a). massively influential and pretty much created our modern world
b). was relatively recent, and thus still fresh in the minds of many
>>
dude Hitler dude Hitler's art dude Hitler's war strategy dude Hitler's childhood dude Hitler's adolescence dude Hitler's commanders dude Hitler's rise to power dude Hitler's reincarnations in modern times dude Hitler DUDE HITLER NAZIS BUGGABOO lmao
>>
we have literally become the history channel
>>
>>931551
Because a growing portion of this board is composed of /pol/tards that are lowkey trying to steer the direction of the board towards whatever inane bullshit occupies their minds.
>>
File: 0JjDhhc[1].jpg (54 KB, 501x504) Image search: [Google]
0JjDhhc[1].jpg
54 KB, 501x504
>>931561
>>
>>931551
I'm not saying it was the History Channel

But it was the History Channel
>>
File: Oakland A's 2015 season.jpg (38 KB, 471x480) Image search: [Google]
Oakland A's 2015 season.jpg
38 KB, 471x480
>>931551
Newfags who don't know jack about history besides "Hitler was evil, all Germans were/are Nazis, America won the war single-handedly"

Just ignore the Hitler threads, sooner or later they'll accustom and be ranting about the Latin Empire and the Treaty of Lausanne like the rest of us.
>>
I don't even mind the Hitler discussions, except for the fact that people debating him tend to be extremely biased, it's either the "Most evil person ever, literally Satan" brigade or the "He dindu nuffin and was the ultimate champion of the white race" one. I've been called both a /pol/ack and a SJW cuck just for wanting a normal discussion.
>>
>>931941
Well, Hitler was a bit nuts.
>>
>>931941
As nonbiased as possible, my extremely basic view of the guy was that he was very good at inspiring the German people, but wasn't particularly skilled at pretty much anything else. He had found his calling as a demagogue but he was a corporal in the army of life who allowed his successes in raising the spirit of Germany to swell his pride into actually believing he was capable of running a country and army alone, which cost Germany its shot at regaining and holding its pre-1914 place in the world.
>>
>>931961
...And I'd like to apologize for the rambling sentence structure.
>>
WWII was a very important time in history friend
>>
File: 1459145415374.jpg (313 KB, 1825x892) Image search: [Google]
1459145415374.jpg
313 KB, 1825x892
>makes thread about Hitler
>complains about all the Hitler content
>>
I've seen more threads about Marxism than Nazism in the past couple weeks tbqh famalam.
>>
File: 1351494495074.gif (431 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
1351494495074.gif
431 KB, 250x189
>>931551
heil hitler you fucking faggot, thats why
>>
>>932100
it's always anons shitting on marxism though
>>
>>932112
Fuck Hitler. He lost.
>>
>>931551
/pol/. Most threads are started with the implicit motive of talking about the Holocaust and Hitler's good points.
>>
10% on Nazi
10% on Christianity

>Fat Americans with weapons coming out of their arses for an identity
>>
>>931551
It's either the Germany/Nazis or Germany/Nazi bashing.
It's either the Marxists or Marxism bashing.
It's either the Christians or Christianity bashing.
It's either the WEWUZ or WEWUZ bashing.
And so on.
>>
Because it's common knowledge and the people here aren't exactly university history graduates...
>>
>>932592
Why did you have to type with ellipsis?
>>
>>932595
Why not...
>>
>>932595
What do you mean..?
>>
>>931551
because it's a meme
not exclusive to 4chan but deeply rooted in 20th/21st century western culture.
>>
Hitler and Nazis are fucking less than 1% you cunt
Lurk more
>>
>>932114
>it's always anons shitting on marxism though
And rightfully so.
>>
File: 1400078618103.jpg (370 KB, 1155x852) Image search: [Google]
1400078618103.jpg
370 KB, 1155x852
>Why are approximately 10% of the threads on this board about Hitler or Nazis?
Because /pol/ comes here and that's all they want to talk about.

>muh nazis
>muh degeneracy
>muh fascism is a great ideology
>muh liberal sjw academia can't be trusted don't believe any mainstream historian, just believe these jpg image macros I saved from /pol/ they have the real truth, the white race is basically god and everyone else is satan
>balanced opinion? nuance? academic education? everything isn't black and white you say? fuck you, you sjw cuck shill JIDF pls go
>>
>>932939
sjw cuck shill JIDF detected
>>
>>931551
>MUH NAZIS
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x200
>>932939
>blue contact lenses
>>
>>933211
This is a sentence made completely out of buzzwords.
>>
>>932117
He lost because he didn't use outright terrorism to win. Plus his biggest allies were a bunch of weebs and angry pasta shop owners.
>>
Because it was the biggest war to ever happen, is fairly recent, has clear consequences on todays world, and most people know a decent bit about it?

Or you could be retarded as this guy is.
>>932939
Or this one.
>>933211
>>
Because.pol/nazi wannabees/fagermans/retards desperatly trying to find.little pieces where nazis were good, but every time they get btfod by simple historical facts and then they rage, start calling people jews, cucks niggers etc etc
>>
>>932939
The most threads I've seen about Hitler on this board have been EXCUSE ME /POL/ BUT HITLER WAS A MEANIE
Literally for no other purpose.

/pol/ does not come here as often as people think. It's mostly /lit/ards shitting up this board spamming threads about nihilism and jumping at the shadows, afraid of the /pol/ ghost.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.