[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What caused the Mycenaean collapse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
What caused the Mycenaean collapse
>>
>>930119
Sea Peoples.
>>
Boat peoples most like
>>
>>930119
The Jews.
>>
File: we are full.jpg (25 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
we are full.jpg
25 KB, 420x300
>>930134
>>930130
And people wonder why the Australians are scared.
>>
File: scrooge_happy_jew.jpg (57 KB, 340x270) Image search: [Google]
scrooge_happy_jew.jpg
57 KB, 340x270
>>930119
the juice did it
>>
>>930119
The better question my dear OP is what caused the collapse of the:

Mycenaeans
Minoans
Old Kingdom Egypt
Canaanites
Hittites

All of the greatest civilizations of the eastern mediterranean, gone, within a span of 50 years.

The Bronze Age Collapse is /x/ tier spooky.
>>
>>930130
>>930134
sea peoples, just like people but with boats
>>
>>930330
The Minoans are a bit malplaced there as the Mycenaeans prime came after they took over the settlements founded by the Minoans.

But the rest is indeed spooky as hell. Cities suddenly abandoned, trade routes suddenly abolished, a complete regression of technology, and we don't know what the fuck really happened.
>>
>>930343
I've read quite a bit and its interesting to note that the closest we have to an explanation of the real collapse is random sea people of a civilization we know nothing about and massive earthquakes spanning over the entire collapse.

Talk about a dark age.
>>
>>930119
Women.
>>
Death of the gods.
>>
>>930343
If you have 1 hour to spare, I would highly recommend this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDNTsdtbKy8&list=PL023BCE5134243987&index=2
>>
>>930330
>Myceneans
Dorians
>Minoans
Myceneans
>Old Kingdom Egypt
Persians and Kushite
>Canaanites
Assyrians first and Romans then
>Hittities
Other Anatolian powers maybe helped by the sea peoples and possibly the Kaska people.
>>
>>930134
>>930330
STOP THE BOATS!
>>
File: complex nuraghe.jpg (88 KB, 960x729) Image search: [Google]
complex nuraghe.jpg
88 KB, 960x729
>>930361
>Return of the Heraclides

I knew it:
"It is said that in the island of Sardinia are located buildings modeled according to the ancient Hellenic tradition, and many other beautiful buildings, and buildings with domed ceiling with an extraordinary ratio of proportions. It is believed that these works have been raised as the son of Iolaus Iphicles at a time when, taking with it the Tespiadi sons of Heracles, moved the colony to take her away from their places of origin to those regions, as these procured for the marriage of Heracles to which any land was located towards the West believed belonged to him [...]. " It further reports that Sardinia was in ancient times, prosperous and dispenser of every product and that Aristeo: "... in his day was the most experienced among men in the art of cultivating the fields, were the ladies in these places ; Aristeo before these places were occupied by many and large birds .... "
>>
File: Canaan.jpg (67 KB, 846x519) Image search: [Google]
Canaan.jpg
67 KB, 846x519
>>930330
wait..weren't Canaanites genocided by the Israelites?
>>
>>930570
Not genocided, but conquered I'd say.

We have letters from the king od Urusalim (Jerusalem) dated to 1300 bc and directed to the pharaoh (Akhenaton I believe) where he asks the Egyptians for help to protect them against the HABIRU, which were probably the Hebrews, maybe related to other semitic Nomads like the Shashu, who believed in YAHWE.
>>
>>930570
>guy on the left

Ancient doomguy
>>
File: 1456776901863.jpg (54 KB, 484x720) Image search: [Google]
1456776901863.jpg
54 KB, 484x720
>>930597
They seemed to have simmered out of history. I think the new testamet around the Jesus has some mention of them but by the time of the Islamic conquests..nothing. What ever happened to the Canaanites and Phoenicians ?
>>
>>930680
The phoenicians WERE the Canaanites, they were coastal Canaanites, phoenicians it's just how the Greeks called them, basically the phoenicians got ass raped by the Assyrians and migrated en mass to the west, mostly towards Carthage, Sardinia and Iberia.

The rest is history.
>>
>>930721
>Carthage
Man the Canaanites couldn't catch a fucking break.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.