[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when did christian angels get the cupid look? was there ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: -.jpg (150 KB, 693x800) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
150 KB, 693x800
when did christian angels get the cupid look? was there ever some kind of "heresy" deal about it?
>>
>>926927
When they blatantly copied the greek and roman iconography
>>
>>926927
When Greco-Romans got into the act.
>>
>>926927
models are expensive
babies are cheapest models
>>
>>926940
That's a lie though. Fucking godless heretic asshole.
>>
bump for heresy
>>
>mfw christians call themselves """"monotheistic"""" just because they only call one of their numerous divine beings """"god"""
>>
>>927878
but at that point, you would have to define what a "god" is and isn't.
It can be said that It is monotheistic because there is only one being that actually fits within the category.
>>
File: Holy Trinity.png (222 KB, 1446x628) Image search: [Google]
Holy Trinity.png
222 KB, 1446x628
>>927878
>hurr i dont understand the trinity
>>
Abrahamic religions are pretty stupid and shallow.
To be honest I dont know if non abrahamic religions are any different but I'm guessing they are about as stupid and inconsistent but at least they don't cause drama and deaths in the millions
>>
>>927932
>christians proudly proclaiming that christianity is illogical

nothing to see here
>>
File: design.png (1 MB, 1350x1680) Image search: [Google]
design.png
1 MB, 1350x1680
>>927948
>if i dont understand something, it's illogical!

atheists showing how retarded they are
>>
>>927955
>>927955

Is that picture unironically supposed to be an argument in favour of intelligent design?

Holy fuck
>>
>>927955
I can imagine an autistic sunday school educated child dying because he ate a mushroom in the woods under the reasoning that it looks like a penis hence it would make his manhood grow.
>>
>>927955
>carrots help the eyes
>unironically spewing propaganda from Wartime Britain that has since been debunked
I bet you think spinach makes you strong too.
>>
>>926927
>>926927
I was drawing angels last night while under the influence of powerful mind-altering narcotics, and drew something like the vitruvian man, holding a sword, shield, incense, with a long flowing golden robe, and infinite faces.

Two arms were clasped together in prayer, the other arms holding the weapons and items.

He stood underneath three circles and a Cross.

I took it to be some imagining of the Holy Spirit, or some type of cleansing imagery from God himself.
>>
>>927133
do you even know what the word heretic means
>>
>>926940
/thread
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (35 KB, 409x310) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
35 KB, 409x310
>>927133
>U ebil lierr! I'm not listen to u lalalalalalalalalala... He's lorrrd, he's lorrrrd!

Pic related: the truth.
>>
>>928483
Cont.

Pic related how actual ancient Israelite cherubim really looked like (see inside the holy of holies, protecting the ark of the covenant.)
>>
File: serveimage (1).jpg (153 KB, 1200x782) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (1).jpg
153 KB, 1200x782
>>928495
Forgot pic.
>>
>>928046
Care to share?
>>
>>926927
Probably since renaissance and baroq with the popularity of putto, chubby childs with wings.

They were supposed to be cherubims ir at least got confused with them
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.